Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Chicago Autoshow 2/15/03

Old 02-05-2003, 09:48 PM
Xmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be nice meeting outside of the city, but for some it could be out of the way for people, like for the people that already live in the city. And with Chicago's unpredictable weather, some may not wanna drive back and forth, but we always hope for the best weather when having a meet. The farther we get from our destination, the more we will lose on the way there, and many of us don't want that especially if they don't know the streets well. But if you can ChicagoEZ, since you are from the city, do you have any suggestions of a large parking lot that we could all meet, for the Autoshow. Cuz me living about an hour away kinda makes it hard to find a spot out there, I would appreciate it a lot. The only thing i could think of is somewhere in Chinatown, near Cermak and Archer.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:20 AM
ChicagoEZ

how about the dominicks on Division with the blockbuster its like a suburban Stripmall right downtown and it has a nice big parking lot, plus the veiw of the skyline with all the cars lined up would be awesome that would be my number one choice

its on North Ave like 3 blocks west of wells

that would be sweet we could then cruise through the city or take LSD to Roosevelt then roll through Chinatown what do you guys think

Last edited by ChicagoEZ; 02-06-2003 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:21 AM
ChicagoEZ

NORTH AVE whooops i mean Division sorry
Old 02-06-2003, 07:31 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ChicagoEZ
NORTH AVE whooops i mean Division sorry
You know you can edit previous posts right???

It would also make it much easier for people to understand the directions you are giving them.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:46 AM
ChicagoEZ

well thanks for the lesson, regardless does this sound like a good idea or not ?
Old 02-06-2003, 11:03 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

I guess it sounds like a good idea, we're still open to suggestions though...
Old 02-06-2003, 12:45 PM
russman

Default location

I don't know how this is going to work since the guys from maxima.org are planning to meet at other locations:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....68#post1751668
Originally posted by Xmax
Yeah sorry, for not posting lately, ive been sick for about the past 3 days with the stomach flu, yup me and russman, like he said we haven't found any places to meet up, since most of the parking lots, around Cermak and Archer were full and couldn't tell if we had to pay or not, due to last weeks festivities of Chinesee New Year. But one of my managers that is from the city suggested that Rock n' Roll McDonalds (600 N. Clark St.), by Ed Debevic's and Rainforest Cafe could be a great place to meet, but thats way up north and out of the way for some people, especially for the people coming from the south side. Maybe this weekend, Saturday night, ill try to find a better place.

If nuthing better comes up, do ya'll wanna just meet at the southwest side, not the first but second parking lot when going south on Lakeshore on the West McCormick, near 31st St? Sounds kinda confusing, but you'll get the idea when you go down south on Lakeshore. If you are coming from the south like from Hyde Park or 53rd St, on Lakeshore, you would exit 31st and make a left then you would make a right to the west McCormick I believe. I doing this in my head so correct me if im wrong.
Originally posted by PrinzII

Then let's do it like this. Since you are suggesting 31st St. let's meet up at the park on the East side of LSD and then head over there in a caravan.
Old 02-07-2003, 12:55 AM
Xmax

ChicagoEZ, yah know what I think I might go with your suggestion, due to low amounts of free parking lots in Chicago, if everyone agrees. hehe.

Time of meeting up: 1:00PM
Place:??????(up in the air)

Alright people, hopefully this will be the last suggestion for a meeting place. Two of this parking lots are big. Unfortunantly this parking lot won't have its nice view of the lake but a nice view of a White Castle, Burger King and a Dominicks. Me and russman had a long convo figuring out which place is best.

Alright since I can't post a pic larger than 50kb, the first location me and russman decided on is 3145 S. Ashland Ave. in the Dominicks parkinglot. Which is about 4 ot 5 miles away, but has fastfood restaurants near by so we can hang out inside while we wait for others. Another location I just noticed is on Canal which it too is also a Dominicks parkinglot, 1340 Canal St. Which is about 1 to 3 miles away from McCormick, but as far as I know no restaurants to hang out in to wait for others.

Please if anyone that has a better suggestion for a parking lot that is about large enough for a group of 20+ cars, please reply. Cuz I know some of you don't wanna just meet at McCormick, some of you wanna race to McCormick. hehe.

I will edit this post once cardomain is up and running again, so i could post the map pics
Old 02-07-2003, 01:24 AM
russman

http://icarus.uic.edu/~vkuryk1/meets/GetImageArea4.jpg

^ First suggested location. In the summer that lot used to be full of imports (sometimes nearly 100 cars..) Up to you guys where you want to meet.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:12 AM
ChicagoEZ

Just let me know where to meet you guys,

there is a large lot @ Canal Street self storage but nowhere to stay warm

you guys just pick a place and tell me im in
Old 02-09-2003, 10:22 PM
russman

Me and a friend had a chance to check the parking lots in person that we were talking about before... and darn, those lots were FULL (both Dominicks parking lot). So we found another good location to meet which can support a lot of cars.. It's the lot right in front of the Comiskey Park on the 34th Street between S. Shields Ave. and S. Wells St. There is a little playground park on the other side of the Comiskey Park which is about a block long. There will also be a huge parking lot in front of the Comiskey Park - it will be closed, but we can park in front of it. Here is the map:

http://icarus.uic.edu/~vkuryk1/meets/pcs2/autoshow.jpg

So this Saturday at 1PM on Feb.15th. Plan is to wait for everyone until 2PM and then head out to the show
Old 02-10-2003, 07:52 PM
topeewala

SATURDAY FEB 15--------

33 degrees High.........13 Low......SUN is out, partly cloudy-Dry.

hey...not so bad...which means MORE Z's...atleast hope so.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Xmax

Yup yup, russman found the place, thanks again, I just had to give a thanks again here. hehe. Final headcount will be friday night.

Date: 2-15-03
Time: 1:00pm
Place: Jan Pascente Playground next to Comiskey Park. 34th St.
Departure Time for McCormick Place: 2:00pm.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:16 PM
AAAA

Default :(

i still dont have my Z, and it doesnt look like it'll be in before the autoshow...but id love to stop by, probably w/ my friends s2k...that ok?
Old 02-10-2003, 10:33 PM
Xmax

Default Re: :(

Originally posted by AAAA
i still dont have my Z, and it doesnt look like it'll be in before the autoshow...but id love to stop by, probably w/ my friends s2k...that ok?
Then no you can't come hehe J/K, yeah don't worry about it, you can come with your friends s2k. Hopefully maybe the next Nissan Meet you'll have it, and we can all see.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:44 PM
russman

We had a s2k at our Winter Nissan Meet on Dec.21st. Pics:
http://icarus.uic.edu/~vkuryk1/meets/pics/38_2.jpg
http://icarus.uic.edu/~vkuryk1/meets/pics/39_2.jpg
Old 02-10-2003, 10:51 PM
Xmax

Exact address in case anyone's wondering for mapquest.

W 34th St & S Wells St
Chicago, IL
60616, US

Oh yeah in case some of you are running late and won't make the 2:00pm depature time, we will be parking on the south end of West McCormick place (NOT EAST/LAKEFRONT MCCORMICK SIDE, basically west of Lakeshore drive.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:32 AM
simstad

Default I'm going on the 13th

My girlfriend gets a press pass because she used to be a reporter in lifestyles and still freelances. We've been the past two years on press day and its great, almost no people. Most importantly, barely any manufacturer reps to hawk over you. Last year we made out in a Rolls Royce, can't do that during the public show. I'll take some pics and try to put them up and let you know what's hot and not.

Feb. 13 weather: 35deg and Sunny, We'll be taking the Z (120 miles and counting).

Here's my pics

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=19298
Old 02-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Static

Originally posted by Xmax
Exact address in case anyone's wondering for mapquest.

W 34th St & S Wells St
Chicago, IL
60616, US

Oh yeah in case some of you are running late and won't make the 2:00pm depature time, we will be parking on the south end of West McCormick place (NOT EAST/LAKEFRONT MCCORMICK SIDE, basically west of Lakeshore drive.
Ok good to finally see a place that we decided on. I'll be there for sure.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:15 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

sorry guys...I won't be able to make it...I'm definitely going to be in Wisconsin this weekend....have fun...and TAKE PICTURES!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chicago Autoshow 2/15/03