Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Supra Crazy (IL)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 11:33 PM
happypants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra Crazy (IL)

I was driving home Sat. night on the Elgin Ohare expressway going around 75 westbound, and as i passed the last entrance ramp onto the expressway, in my rearview mirror I could see a car coming up fast in the right lane. At first I thought it might be a cop.

When the car got closer, I could see it was a Supra. There was a car next to me in the right lane, so the Supra moved aggressively into the left lane behind me. My car isn't broken in yet and I don't street race, so I just sped up a little to pass the car next to me and move over. I know the Supras can be modded quite easily, and I expected the driver to want to race.

After I moved over of course the Supra driver took off and accelerated up to around 90-100. I just kept my speed around 75 because this is on the part of the expressway near the end where there is sharp right with a max speed of 50mph. The scary thing is that the driver took the curve without hitting the brakes much, but had to cut from the left to right lane to do so.

In normal driving, I've been through this turn before with a car next to me on the left that almost lost it and hit the guardrail, and have also seen the aftermath of a couple accidents here.

Whoever the driver was is pretty brave because the air temp was 37 so at least my summer tires weren't going to stick well.

It was a silver Supra with four numbers on the license plate, the first started with a 1.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:31 PM
Omega350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once yours is broken in youll realize that you can tackle that last "U" in teh road quite easily in the Z. I go home that way 2 or 3 days a week depending on how i feel. The rest of the time ill just take Lake all the way home. (I work just past the end of the EOE off lake street)

Youll also start to see the significance of the "dip" in the road at the point the EOE turns soutbound towards lake. Its a great notification that you can drop the pedal to the floor and take it as fast as possible. BUT NEVER WHEN THERES OTHER TRAFFIC. Its never safe to push your car to its limit without an escape route in case of another driver.

Also, youll notice that you can handle the uphill at the end of the EOE at Lake very easily and 70+ mph speeds. Ive only pushed up to around 80 up the corner myself but im sure the car can handle more once im ready for it.