Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

DELAWARE Z's

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/north-east/161240-philly-area-z-g-meet-1-28-ripken-stadium-md.html
Old 01-03-2006, 07:10 PM
ht4

Originally Posted by Lawn Dart
I recently transplanted from Dover to Newark. I have an '04 Daytona Blue Z, but it's currently in ICU at East Coast Auto Body in Dover. Nismo21z, I believe that I've seen you around. Isn't there also a green 3000 GT?
LD, What happened to your Z?
Old 01-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Lawn Dart

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paranormal
how good of work do they do? i got a new front bumper thats urethane and also the last body shop that painted my car didnt match the paint on the rear bumper good.. but i dont want to pay something crazy.. how are there prices?
Their reputation is outstanding and their work is excellent. Unfortunatley, they are backed up two months and they only do collision work.

Originally Posted by ht4
LD, What happened to your Z?
It was a rainy October night and I was traveling southbound on route one. Without warning, a tractor trailer changed lanes and almost ran me over. I guess I jerked the steering wheel too hard to avoid him and I lost control. He never stopped. Result - $8,000 in guardrail damage down the entire right side of my car and a ticket for careless driving.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:28 PM
ht4

It was a rainy October night and I was traveling southbound on route one. Without warning, a tractor trailer changed lanes and almost ran me over. I guess I jerked the steering wheel too hard to avoid him and I lost control. He never stopped. Result - $8,000 in guardrail damage down the entire right side of my car and a ticket for careless driving.
Dang, that sucks... $8,000 sorry to hear it. I can't believe they gave you a ticket for that!
Old 01-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Lawn Dart

Heh, "The Law" claims that since there were no witnesses and the truck didn't stop, then it's a "Phantom" vehicle. It never existed. Basically, they are calling me a liar and and accusing me of doing something careless to wreck my vehicle on a perfectly straight road, no matter the conditions.

They're such dicks.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:28 PM
ht4

Heh, "The Law" claims that since there were no witnesses and the truck didn't stop, then it's a "Phantom" vehicle. It never existed. Basically, they are calling me a liar and and accusing me of doing something careless to wreck my vehicle on a perfectly straight road, no matter the conditions.

They're such dicks.
I hope your insurance covering it... I would challenge the heck out of that ticket! How can they possibly accuse you of doing something when the only witness says that it didn't happen. It's the state's burden to prove that you were careless. How can they possibly meet that burden? With the cop's ESP? I might have gotten arrested for going buckwild on that cop!
Old 01-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Lawn Dart

I can't wait to have this accident behind me. Driving an old Toyota 4x4 isn't quite the same. I checked on her yesterday, but I still won't have my car for a couple weeks. Good news though, I was in court yesterday and found not guilty of careless driving.

Perhaps when I get my car back, we could have a get together at a restaurant or something.

Also, who in Dover has the Silver Z with the CF intake duct and what looks like HKS exhaust?
Old 01-08-2006, 03:26 PM
jes81697

They're such dicks.
You should fight it in court. Keep postponing it until the officer doesn't show up, then they'll throw it out
Old 01-12-2006, 05:18 PM
ggolden

Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
I was in DE the other day...in Wilmington

I saw a reaaaaallly nice CL65 AMG crusing through Greenville on my way
home and it had one of those cool Black DE plates with the number 97 or or 87 or something??? do any of you DE peeps know the deal with those "low-number" plates in DE? Are they for importnat people/ rich people???

I want one!!!
I called DMV on Dec 2, the day after they purge unused plates from their system. I was able to get 15xxx and got my girlfriend 25xxx. Just got my black plate in the mail today. Not bad since we only had to pay the $46 to reregister. Could probably sell the 25xxx for a few hundred, but we will keep it for now.

www.lowdigittags.com is a great site for buying and selling DE plates.

-G
Old 01-12-2006, 06:13 PM
ht4

I can't wait to have this accident behind me. Driving an old Toyota 4x4 isn't quite the same. I checked on her yesterday, but I still won't have my car for a couple weeks. Good news though, I was in court yesterday and found not guilty of careless driving.

Perhaps when I get my car back, we could have a get together at a restaurant or something.

Also, who in Dover has the Silver Z with the CF intake duct and what looks like HKS exhaust?
LD, Congrats on beating the careless driving ticket... I would have been shocked if an court upheld that. I have been without my Z for a couple of weeks myself... it's getting some work done right now. You might be interested in seeing it when everything is done. It feels wierd driving my Olds Acheiva around every day. I hate that car.

You still meet up with the guys at Applby's on Sundays? Any more 350z's join the group?
Old 01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
ggolden

Originally Posted by ht4
I have been without my Z for a couple of weeks myself... it's getting some work done right now. You might be interested in seeing it when everything is done.
ht4: what are getting done to your car? No wonder I have not seen it around.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:53 PM
ht4

Originally Posted by ggolden
ht4: what are getting done to your car? No wonder I have not seen it around.
I havn't seen your car either, but I have been working strange hours lately. Do you park it for the winter?

Right now, mine's getting:

APS TT
RPS flywheel & street max clutch
Wideband
Boost Guage
Nismo LMGT4's w/ Nitto 555's

Should be done early next week. The hard part will be not using my new power until the clutch breaks in.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:04 AM
Pats300zx
ECZA-President

Originally Posted by ht4
I havn't seen your car either, but I have been working strange hours lately. Do you park it for the winter?

APS TT
Wideband
Boost Guage

Should be done early next week. The hard part will be not using my new power until the clutch breaks in.
Where are you having the work done?? Carv2???
Old 01-13-2006, 07:23 AM
ht4

Originally Posted by Pats300zx
Where are you having the work done?? Carv2???
Yup... They've been great!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:43 AM
ggolden

Originally Posted by ht4

APS TT
Wideband
Boost Guage

How much will you charge for rides??
Old 01-13-2006, 10:30 AM
cjbaldw

Default White 350, spoiler and exhaust (at least)?

Hey Guys,

Not a Z owner (sorry), but ran into an obviously modded 350Z last night on Rt 40 in Bear between 72 and 896, turned onto 896 northbound. Had an obvious exhaust (at least), larger aftermarket rims/tires, and at least a spoiler, could have been a body kit, hard to tell in the dark, it was around 7:00PM or thereabouts. Oh yeah, white 350Z. Curious to know if it was anyone here, I was going to play around just for fun but then got a cellphone call I had to take so as soon as we turned onto 896 the guy took off and I could not. Nice 350Z if you are here!

EDIT: BTW I was driving a smoke gray Alty SE-R, had my winter rims/tires on at the time (damn that early December cold weather/snow faked me out! ). I'm running a CAI currently, that's it, looking into h/e/ecu/p at present (tax time is soon!).

Last edited by cjbaldw; 01-13-2006 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:53 PM
ht4

Originally Posted by ggolden
How much will you charge for rides??
After the clutch is broken in... Anytime you want. All you have to pay for is seat cleaning if you soil yourself.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:30 PM
ggolden

Originally Posted by ht4
After the clutch is broken in... Anytime you want. All you have to pay for is seat cleaning if you soil yourself.
I have diapers for just that sort of thing.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Bullitproof

I live in the Bear area and had my work done at carv2. James and Jay run a very clean shop. They'll be taking my G35 to the philly auto show in a couple of weeks with their white Z. If anyone wants to hang out, shoot me a pm.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:41 AM
cjbaldw

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
I live in the Bear area and had my work done at carv2. James and Jay run a very clean shop. They'll be taking my G35 to the philly auto show in a couple of weeks with their white Z. If anyone wants to hang out, shoot me a pm.
Cool, will CarV2 be in the Tuner Salon section at the show? Can't wait!

EDIT: Nix that, I see them advertising on the Tuner Salon on the auto show website, guess I'll see them there along with your ride!

Last edited by cjbaldw; 01-23-2006 at 05:47 AM.

Quick Reply: DELAWARE Z's