Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

grounding kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 11:48 AM
luvthez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grounding kit

Andrew, I see by your notations that you have installed a grounding or earthing kit on your Z. Do you really think that it has made a difference in your vehicle's performance? You read so much pro and con regarding this mod that it's hard to know if it is a mod that will actually be benificial. Thanks ,Gary
Old 01-22-2003, 01:34 PM
rouxeny

I installed it with the help of vimar90 at his house in Middletown. It took us a while because we were going off of Japanese directions and tako's pics from this site. Having done it once, I'm sure we can do it again in about 10-15 minutes.

As to whether or not it makes a difference, absolutely it does. I felt it immediately and Victor agreed when he took the car out. It idles a little lower, it's smoother at the top end. I kind of doubt that it adds any hp, and I haven't seen any improvement in mileage. I bought the Nissan one from japanparts.com, for somewhere around $150. Don't do this. Get one off insaneamine or one of the other people selling kits on this site. It's much cheaper, and having compared their product to the Nissan one, there are no signifcant differences. A non-Nissan one costs about $50. For that kind of money, I say it's worth it. If you haven't really modified cars much in the past, it's a cheap and easy way to start.

I think Victor and I both agree that the K&N filter doesn't do much. The engine may be a slight bit louder, but even that is minimal. I don't think there is any improvement in hp.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:22 PM
vicmar90

There definitetly was a noticable difference in the idle with the grounding wires. Much smoother feel when accelerating also.

Installing a set will be one of the projects I will undertake to keep me entertained when the weather gets warmer.
Victor