Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
View Poll Results: Will you be attending the July 12th CT Meet?
Yes, I definitely will be there
41.51%
Maybe, more positive than negative
33.96%
Maybe, more negative than positive
13.21%
No, sorry can't make it this year
11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

*** CONNECTICUT MEET - July 12th *** (CT, MA, NH, RI, NY, NJ, etc. Members Welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003 | 12:41 PM
vics350

Default *** CONNECTICUT MEET - July 12th *** (CT, MA, NH, RI, NY, NJ, etc. Members Welcome)

It's official. I'd like to thank everyone that helped with ideas on what we should do (rouxeny, whitetrack, ctgoldwing, Tom, Jeff, Anyone2U, FrankieZZ (although you won't be able to make it ), etc.).

Below is a link which contains a flyer with all the details. We are welcoming G35 owners as well. Feel free to print it and hand out. The more that come, the happier we will be.

http://www.molaver.org/photos/350z/2003ctmeet.jpg

Before even making this formal announcement we have been getting tremendous feedback so I am expecting a great turnout.

If for some reason you can't get into the link above, below is a summary:

DATE: Saturday, July12th

SCHEDULE:
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM (Meet at Hubbard Park)
11:00 AM (Cruise to Lime Rock, Stop Along Way for Photo Shoot)

ACTIVITIES: 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place Trophies Awarded to Best Looking Automobile, 4th, and 5th Place Honorable Mention Certificates, FREE Prize Raffles, Cruise to Lime Rock, Picnic at Lime Rock Race Park and Enjoy Ferrari Racing Day)

FEE: Morning Meet is FREE, although we would appreciate your bringing some donuts, bagels, juice, etc. for everyone to share in the morning. Please keep in mind that we are not a club or collect dues, we are enthusiasts that want to share each other's passion for these cars.
LIME ROCK ENTRANCE FEE: $ 20.00/Person

NOTE: Please bring lawn chairs as there is no seating at Lime Rock. Also, you can either bring a picnic basket for lunch there or you can buy food at their food courts.

I am posting this thread as a poll so that we can get a ballpark idea of how many people will make it.

Look forward to seeing everybody and do not hesitate to contact us at the email address posted on the flyer (or you can PM me) if you have any questions or need additional information.

LET'S MAKE THIS A GREAT EVENT!!!

Last edited by vics350; 05-18-2003 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2003 | 03:34 PM
bluedevil

Hey i would love to go, I cant promise anythin but if nothin big happens ill be there.
Old 05-18-2003 | 04:34 PM
whitetrack

Definitely going! I've been to the "Ferrari Days" in the past and it is a great event. You can go down into the paddock and look at all of the cars.

I believe the cars will be starting warm ups around 10am in the morning and will be racing up until 5 or 6pm.

Visit limerock park for more information about the park and its facilities. Hope to see as many "Z" and "G" owners as possible.
Old 05-18-2003 | 04:40 PM
whitetrack

Victor, did you specify where in the park we will meet? Do you think we need "guides" to point the way to the morning meet?

Last edited by whitetrack; 05-18-2003 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2003 | 04:58 PM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

I"LL BE THERE!!!
Old 05-18-2003 | 05:02 PM
jckolnturn

count me in!
Old 05-18-2003 | 05:04 PM
rouxeny

There will be some sort of high tech guidance mechanism at the park. I think I'll draw big arrows on the pavement with chalk.

Actually, the park is essentially a big U, starting at the street and going around a lake. At one point of the U, there's a big parking lot. It should be very obvious. If people somehow miss it, just make a right at the street and come back in.

The parking lot can accomodate easily 50+ cars.

I am going to buy some Z goodies from various websites today!
Old 05-18-2003 | 05:09 PM
vics350

The park is not that big and you'll naturally end up at the lot we will be meeting at. Once you enter the road curves to the right and you come to a stop sign. Pass the stop sign and the meet will be in the lot you come to on the left.

I plan to be there at 8:30 AM so if anyone can come at this time it would be great as I am going to set up a table and want to arrange a parking pattern which will be easy for photos. I know Andrew has some great ideas about this.

Great to see already the support from our New York friends. This is going to be a great meet. Keep spreading the word!!!
Old 05-18-2003 | 06:01 PM
rouxeny

Just got some stuff from Courtesy. Victor, you have an email detailing exactly what. For some reason, your PM does not work.

Anybody have any suggestions as to stuff they'd like to win at a raffle? And no, a Nismo body kit will NOT be one of the prizes.
Old 05-18-2003 | 06:20 PM
whitetrack

Victor, I'll be there early too if you need help. Has the route been mapped out with stop locations once we leave Hubbard park? I was planning on taking a test ride next weekend as an excuse to put some miles on. If you have planned the route let me know.
Old 05-18-2003 | 06:34 PM
vics350

Greg, if you can be there early that would be awesome. I'll probably be up so early because of the excitement that I'll get to the park a little after 8:00 AM.

I don't have the route to Lime Rock finalized and if you can help here that would be greatly appreciated. Please map out the route for me and let me know as I would also like to check it out before the meet as I've never been to Lime Rock. Also, please keep an eye out for a nice spot we could possibly stop at for a photo shoot. The only problem is it would have to accomodate quite a few cars as I am expecting a large turnout.
Old 05-19-2003 | 07:25 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

I'll be there! Anybody want to organize a MA cruise down?
Old 05-19-2003 | 11:54 AM
vics350

Originally posted by Daytona Blue Z in Bo
I'll be there! Anybody want to organize a MA cruise down?
Contact Anyone2u. I know he is organizing a caravan to come down. He mentioned to me a while back that he had at least 5 Z's coming. I hope this number will grow before July 12th.
Old 05-19-2003 | 12:07 PM
vics350

Default NY and NJ Members caravaning north

I know a CS Track owner (his name is Mike) that is definitely coming to the meet and lives in Greenwich, CT. Unfortunately, for some reason, he is locked out of my350z.com and can't add his vote to this poll. He normally posts on zcar.com as MastrosZ.

He would like to meet up with you guys at the first rest stop in CT on Route 95 North (I will find out the exit number and post it later). He can lead everyone to the park as he knows how to get there. Please let me know if you would be willing to meet up with him.

P.S. A good thing about Mike is that he is a police officer.
Old 05-19-2003 | 12:55 PM
vics350

Default Re: NY and NJ Members caravaning north

Originally posted by vics350
I know a CS Track owner (his name is Mike) that is definitely coming to the meet and lives in Greenwich, CT. Unfortunately, for some reason, he is locked out of my350z.com and can't add his vote to this poll. He normally posts on zcar.com as MastrosZ.

He would like to meet up with you guys at the first rest stop in CT on Route 95 North (I will find out the exit number and post it later). He can lead everyone to the park as he knows how to get there. Please let me know if you would be willing to meet up with him.

P.S. A good thing about Mike is that he is a police officer.
OK, it's Exit 22 on Route 95 North in Connecticut. There's a McDonald's and a Mobil Station there. As the date gets closer I will remind you of this and get your opinion on a ballpark time you think you would be getting there.
Old 05-20-2003 | 04:30 PM
whitetrack

Where is Tom, Jim, Ken and the others from Olympia diner Sunday? Are any of you guys coming? We haven't seen you post or vote yet. Vic did I get all the names? Also did crazyhorse respond?
Old 05-20-2003 | 06:34 PM
jckolnturn

anyone interested in meeting up in NYC or Long Island for the ride north?
Old 05-21-2003 | 03:20 AM
vics350

Default List of people coming to the meet

Greg (whitetrack) has been working hard with Lime Rock regarding our meet. They are working with him to offer us an area where we can all park our cars together and are willing to give us a discount depending on how many people will attend. Obviously, we can only give them a ballpark figure but we have to give them something.

I am going to start a list below so that we all know who will be coming. If I missed you, please advise. If I added you and you cannot make it please advise as well. Also, if you are coming with someone please let me know so that we can include them in our people count. The number in parenthesis is the number of people coming and, obviously, we all know that our cars can only fit two people but other family members or friends can come in their cars. The more, the merrier.

350Z Owners
1. vics350 (4)
2. rouxeny (?)
3. whitetrack (?)
4. Anyone2U (?)
5. jckolnturn (?)
6. mysteriumZ (?)
7. themyst (?)
8. jonsilverz (?)
9. cnile (?)
10. ctgoldwing (?)
11. Daytona Blue Z in Bo (?)
12. Zboy (2)
13. Black300zx (?)
14. bluedevil (maybe)
15. mastrosZ (?)

G35 Owners
1. g6spdcpe
2. LXG353

Let's keep adding to this list.
Old 05-21-2003 | 12:04 PM
vics350

Default Re: List of people coming to the meet

Originally posted by vics350
Greg (whitetrack) has been working hard with Lime Rock regarding our meet. They are working with him to offer us an area where we can all park our cars together and are willing to give us a discount depending on how many people will attend. Obviously, we can only give them a ballpark figure but we have to give them something.

I am going to start a list below so that we all know who will be coming. If I missed you, please advise. If I added you and you cannot make it please advise as well. Also, if you are coming with someone please let me know so that we can include them in our people count. The number in parenthesis is the number of people coming and, obviously, we all know that our cars can only fit two people but other family members or friends can come in their cars. The more, the merrier.

350Z Owners
1. vics350 (4)
2. rouxeny (?)
3. whitetrack (?)
4. Anyone2U (?)
5. jckolnturn (?)
6. mysteriumZ (?)
7. themyst (?)
8. jonsilverz (?)
9. cnile (?)
10. ctgoldwing (?)
12. Zboy (2)
13. Black300zx (?)
14. bluedevil (maybe)
15. mastrosZ (?)

G35 Owners
1. g6spdcpe
2. LXG353

Here are a couple more. Again, if you are on this list and can't make it please let me know. Of course, if you're not on this list and will make it please let me know also.

350Z owners
16. HEUGE
17. Redwings Fan
Old 05-21-2003 | 12:22 PM
JimmysZ

Default Im attending...

Added myself...

350Z Owners
1. vics350 (4)
2. rouxeny (?)
3. whitetrack (?)
4. Anyone2U (?)
5. jckolnturn (?)
6. mysteriumZ (?)
7. themyst (?)
8. jonsilverz (?)
9. cnile (?)
10. ctgoldwing (?)
12. Zboy (2)
13. Black300zx (?)
14. bluedevil (maybe)
15. mastrosZ (?)
16. HEUGE
17. Redwings Fan
18. Jimmysz (2)

G35 Owners
1. g6spdcpe
2. LXG353

Quick Reply: *** CONNECTICUT MEET - July 12th *** (CT, MA, NH, RI, NY, NJ, etc. Members Welcome)