Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Seat upholstering shop in LI?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Fairly Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat upholstering shop in LI?

Anybody had their seats upholstered in leather on Long Island? I'm looking for a good shop. Recommendations?
Old 12-06-2007, 04:51 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Whats up Danny,

Thinking of doing my seats over as well. I know you can order the leather seat covers from katzkin in multiple colors, then have your seats Reupholstered. There is a shop that I know on Route 111 in Central Islip next to a tire shop. Not sure how much they would charge to Reupholster the seats though. Shouldnt be much since your coming with the leather already cut and finished.

When I had my Bimmer, they wanted 300 to re-do the roof liner and re-do the carpet on the floor, and that wasnt a bad price at all. I'd like to get my seats re-wrapped in a dark red leather.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Fairly Z

Thanks Rally.

I checked out autoleathers.com and they allow you to simulate your seats in different colors in a katskinz flash program. I think that on my car, I'll go with black on the outside, and then do the body in pearl white to match the car, and then go with orange piping or stitching to match the gauge clusters. Looks like it'll run about 700 for the seat covers themselves, right? And then figure 150 - 250 for reupholstering? Your car will look good with the dark red leather, since it's an SS.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:53 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think Red or Even Frost would look hot on your car. Have you put the wheels on her yet? I'm installing a Exedy Stage 1 Clutch SS Line and ACT StreetLite Flywheel this weekend. Cant wait for that to be done. My clutch is gone.

That is a lil expensive but def worth it I think. I dont know if you have leather or not, but I have all black, and as much as I like it I saw my car color with the red inside and the rest black. WoW thats all I could say it looked sick.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Fairly Z

Yeah the wheels are on. But the reason I want to do it is because I've got carbon cloth, not leather. Katskinz is a seat cover though, just realized that. You need to do actual reupholstering.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:52 PM
SniperHunter

If you just need someone to install the leather, take it to Maximum Tuning in Glen Cove. Jeff, the owner, has done all of the work on my 2001 Maxima, and now does all of the work on my Z. After the leather on my Max got torn up, I bought a set from someone else, and he installed it for $180 or $200 (2 hours of labor). Other shops quoted me $350+.

Never had any problems with the install - there was some excess leather that made my seat controls cramp up, but he took care of it without a problem -- good as new. My OEM leather was for a car with no side airbags, the set installed came from a Max WITH side airbags, thus the excess leather. Still, it looked practically flawless, and when I traded the car in for the Z, the appraiser didn't even notice a thing.