Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

11th Annual New Jersey Z Car Club Show (August 29th; Rain date Aug 30)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 06:36 PM
grey00lustre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric,
Yeah you should go me and Chris will be going also!

Originally Posted by maximariceboi
i'm in!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:57 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Originally Posted by ntwillie1
I'm gonna try to make this. For the stock class, whats the qualification - just being stock?
At an officially judged car show to be in the stock class, you need to be "as is" from the dealer. That being said, since this show will be "people's choice", there will be some leniency regarding your customization.

For instance, if your mods are "low key" (exhaust, intake, wheels or after market stereo) you will pass for stock. However, if you have too many "low key" mods, you will be grouped with the modified class. Similarly, if you have a body kit, turbo/super charger, racing seats or a lot of bling in your engine bay, you will automatically be classified as modified.

Hope that helped...

Last edited by quidproquo; 08-12-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Dozzi94

I made it out to this last summer, and it was a good time. Lots of cars, a great mix between all different styles, years, trims, etc. You'll see a riced out 350 parked next to a RHD Datsun 240, and it's a great way to see where the car came from, and where it's gone.

Can't make it out this year, gonna be down at Camp Geiger, but if anyone's on the fence about going, I'd say do it. It's a fun meet.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:32 PM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Thank you for the explanation. I think I'd qualify for stock I'm about 90% sure I'll make it and I'll register on the day of just so I can get me that free t-shirt.

One last question -do we need to make any print outs of what our cars have on/in them? Or is that not necessary? Thanks.

Wil

Originally Posted by quidproquo
At an officially judged car show to be in the stock class, you need to be "as is" from the dealer. That being said, since this show will be "people's choice", there will be some leniency regarding your customization.

For instance, if your mods are "low key" (exhaust, intake, wheels or after market stereo) you will pass for stock. However, if you have too many "low key" mods, you will be grouped with the modified class. Similarly, if you have a body kit, turbo/super charger, racing seats or a lot of bling in your engine bay, you will automatically be classified as modified.

Hope that helped...

Last edited by ntwillie1; 08-12-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

One last question -do we need to make any print outs of what our cars have on/in them? Or is that not necessary? Thanks.

Wil
You don't have to make any signs, but a little garnish on the plate does make the meal seem more special.

350Z Stock class winner from last year:
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 AM
cliffordrican

i will be there long as i dont have another show that day come on larry u got to come
Old 08-19-2009, 09:45 AM
streeteg

I am DEFINATELY going--- entering my Datsun-- Cant wait to see the other guys in the area

-E
Old 08-20-2009, 05:13 AM
ZZZRated

Originally Posted by smellyborrelli
Who wants to cruise up from south jersey with me? (near philly)
i want to go and ill be passing buy philly on the way if you wqant to meet someplace. let me know.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I will probably come, but in my Jeep. I think my Z will be under the knife at this time.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:36 PM
grey00lustre

I hope the meet is rain date till sun since as of now I got to work sat and can't make it. Unless I called out of work of course to go.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:10 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Bump... One week to go!!
Old 08-22-2009, 01:57 PM
jewellz

if it rains saturday i will be there for sure on sunday.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:37 PM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Default damn it

Damn it, looks like as of right now we are expecting scattered thunderstorms for both saturday and sunday. Lets hope that changes.

Also, OP, the registration form says make check payable to NJZ car club. Do we have to pay by check or is cash gonna be ok? Just wanna know if I should bring my check book.

What about food? Do we bring our own or is the car club/hotel firing up a bbq grill for us somewhere? Never been to one of these before so sorry about the noob questions.

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:31 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Damn it, looks like as of right now we are expecting scattered thunderstorms for both saturday and sunday. Lets hope that changes.

Also, OP, the registration form says make check payable to NJZ car club. Do we have to pay by check or is cash gonna be ok? Just wanna know if I should bring my check book.

What about food? Do we bring our own or is the car club/hotel firing up a bbq grill for us somewhere? Never been to one of these before so sorry about the noob questions.

Thanks.
The check info is for people who prefer to pay by check. Cash is still accepted for registrations.

The hotel will be putting out a cart with coffee and muffins in the morning, and water, soda and sandwiched in the afternoon. These will be sold by the hotel staff, so bring extra cash.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Can we register the day/morning of? I maaaay have my car back on Saturday before the meet! If not, I'll at least come out for the festivities on Saturday. If its pushed back to Sunday, I should be golden.

Updated weather forecast:

Saturday - Showers
Sunday - Scattered T'Storms

In my experience, nothing much happens with scattered t'storms.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:20 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Originally Posted by Armitage
Can we register the day/morning of? I maaaay have my car back on Saturday before the meet! If not, I'll at least come out for the festivities on Saturday. If its pushed back to Sunday, I should be golden.

Updated weather forecast:

Saturday - Showers
Sunday - Scattered T'Storms

In my experience, nothing much happens with scattered t'storms.
Registration is open until 11:00 AM. If you can get your car back and drive over by 11:00, you can enter the show.

I'm kind of hoping that it's on Sunday too. I have to get to Halzet by 4:00 for a BBQ on Saturday, and it would be a long day if this show happens.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Whose call is it to make and when will we know?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:46 PM
grey00lustre

So as of now it's still open to sat or sun? Will we know by fri night to see when the meet will be held on?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:50 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Originally Posted by Armitage
Whose call is it to make and when will we know?
I will try to find out by Friday night if the show has been postponed and post here. However, if you can't get to a computer, or no one has given me a definite answer, you can call the phone number on the registration form (732-491-6908) and Paul will let you know.

BTW... I spoke to the folks at the Hilton Garden Inn. The room rate for those attending the show is $69.99 per night (normally $99.99). If you have a long drive, and want to sleep later, perhaps you'd prefer to get a room Friday night. But keep an eye out for the weather forcast in Bridgewater... If it rains both days, I don't know when it will be rescheduled for.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 PM
chrisjersey06

How long is stuff going to be going on for? I don't plan on registering but I'd like to come see some cars. I have something going on until noon on Saturday so the earliest I could make it there by would be like 2pm.

Quick Reply: 11th Annual New Jersey Z Car Club Show (August 29th; Rain date Aug 30)