Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Monthly Z gathering in No. VA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004 | 06:38 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Default Monthly Z gathering in No. VA?

Who in the No. VA area would be interested in setting up a monthly 350Z meet? The No. VA Z club (from what I understand) is comprised mostly of older model Z owners, and I don't get the feeling that they are very active.

I was thinking if there was enough interest within the local 350Z community, we might see if we could get one of the local dealers to sponsor a "shop night". The DC Mazda club used to do this. You could bring your car into the Rosenthal Mazda shop in Tysons and do oil changes or other work that could be done within a 1.5 or 2 hour period. You could use the lifts, etc. and a few of the mechanics would hang out and let you use their tools. I think even the parts department stayed open. One of the members of the club was a service team manager, so we certainly had an "in", but that doesn't mean it's not possible otherwise.

If the whole "shop night" thing doesn't work out, there are certainly other possibilities....Any suggestions?

Maybe....
Skyline drives
Filming/Photography sessions
How-to's
etc. etc. etc......

What do you all think?

If we have enough interest, I'd be happy to approach dealerships to see if they're willing.
Old 04-03-2004 | 02:54 AM
seanazzy

Default Re: Monthly Z gathering in No. VA?

Originally posted by kcobean
Who in the No. VA area would be interested in setting up a monthly 350Z meet? The No. VA Z club (from what I understand) is comprised mostly of older model Z owners, and I don't get the feeling that they are very active.

I was thinking if there was enough interest within the local 350Z community, we might see if we could get one of the local dealers to sponsor a "shop night". The DC Mazda club used to do this. You could bring your car into the Rosenthal Mazda shop in Tysons and do oil changes or other work that could be done within a 1.5 or 2 hour period. You could use the lifts, etc. and a few of the mechanics would hang out and let you use their tools. I think even the parts department stayed open. One of the members of the club was a service team manager, so we certainly had an "in", but that doesn't mean it's not possible otherwise.

If the whole "shop night" thing doesn't work out, there are certainly other possibilities....Any suggestions?

Maybe....
Skyline drives
Filming/Photography sessions
How-to's
etc. etc. etc......

What do you all think?

If we have enough interest, I'd be happy to approach dealerships to see if they're willing.
some friends and i have been talking about a skyline drive. just waiting for the weather to be warm enough
Old 04-03-2004 | 07:30 AM
drew703

Some month gatherings would be awesome. I've been to Skyline drive two times (not just with Z's, it was more of a general car meet - Crossroads online) - but man those two drives were of the best ever!

I'll definitely second what seanazzy said, once this weather gets nicer, there will be plenty of meets and cruises coming up I'm sure

-drew
Old 04-03-2004 | 12:39 PM
Jeff@Evolution

great idea.
Old 04-04-2004 | 07:35 PM
Zyal8ter

good idea. how about we pick the first Saturday of the month or the last Saturday of the month to have the Meet?
Old 04-05-2004 | 05:34 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

A first or last Saturday is probably a good idea...I think predictability is the key....People have hectic schedules, so being able to "pencil it in" ahead of time is probably key to having a good turn-out (look at the great turn-out of the east-coast Z meet!).....

So if we did a recurring Saturday, where's a good, non-threatening place to meet? Any good suggestions for restaurants or other establishments, or should we keep it purely an outdoor thing?
Old 04-05-2004 | 08:07 AM
Jeff@Evolution

Resturants sounds like a good idea. There's Damon's grill in Chantilly. A sports bar resturant..
Old 04-05-2004 | 11:47 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Hey, that sounds like a great idea...Sports Bar-ish type place that all of our under-21 drivers can get into!! Do they have club rooms or anything like that?
Old 04-05-2004 | 04:53 PM
JMac2775

Thumbs up No VA Meet

I am down with a monthly meet. I live int he Springfiled area and am always looking for place to showcase the Z. Count me in!!!
Old 04-05-2004 | 06:45 PM
Sins4u33

when do u guys plan on hosting this? i can get the word out nicely to alot of Z owners, i have done it in the past for the 2004 East coast Z and G meet, the springfeild meet i hosted at my dads store and numerous other meets....whenever u guys wanna do it, just do it when im gunna be home i should be home this weekend for sure! easter and all....just let me know

Ben
Old 04-06-2004 | 05:44 PM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

Im down if its not 2 far from College Park, and ya im in that under 21 crowd =/...
Old 04-06-2004 | 07:44 PM
Pusha Z
Banned

Im definitely down, actually I was the only Z at the last Z meet in Tysons ahahha
Old 04-06-2004 | 09:26 PM
dollar99

The capital G club already has these weekly meets. We meet at white flint mall infront of dave and busters on friday nights at around 9pm, then we head over to the starbucks on rockville pike to see whats up over there. At midnight-1 we head out to the street racing spot to see some races. You guys are welcome to join us. MSG me on aim "joykiller2001"
Old 04-06-2004 | 09:28 PM
D@ActiveTuning

Maybe if you guys had another chapter closer to the Baltimore region, I'd be down!
Old 04-06-2004 | 10:44 PM
sleeperbold

I'm all about it. I was never able to get to a meet because I was always working on Sundays. But now with the schedule change, I should be able to make it. Love to see some awesome Zs.
Old 04-07-2004 | 09:34 AM
manofsteele2003

Hey that sounds good to me, I live in Reston. Do I have to have a Z right now, I ordered mine but it won't be here until July. That sucks, but at least it's on it's way.
Old 04-07-2004 | 08:06 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

I'd be up for a few meets this summer - just have to get off my lazy *** and wash the Z!

Maybe we can have a dyno competion added to the mix every so often?

See ya,
Old 04-08-2004 | 05:35 AM
learn2turn

Yeah, like Dollar said you guys are more than welcome to join up with our Capital G club. We also have some very cool club drives.
We prefer 2 lane twisty roads so we aren't stuck behind minivans and other slow pokes.

Let's get together!!!!!
We can all meet up and discuss this in person while we watch some Kickass autoxing.
April 18th at Fed Ex Field, it starts at 9:00am, I say we meet there at noon.

What do you guys say?
Who's in?

Last edited by learn2turn; 04-08-2004 at 05:45 AM.
Old 04-08-2004 | 06:35 AM
Mukrat
Race Naked FTW!
Premier Member

Originally posted by learn2turn
Yeah, like Dollar said you guys are more than welcome to join up with our Capital G club. We also have some very cool club drives.
We prefer 2 lane twisty roads so we aren't stuck behind minivans and other slow pokes.

Let's get together!!!!!
We can all meet up and discuss this in person while we watch some Kickass autoxing.
April 18th at Fed Ex Field, it starts at 9:00am, I say we meet there at noon.

What do you guys say?
Who's in?
I'll stop by tomarow (Friday) night, at the White Flint Mall. Look for a Silverstone Track... Thats me and I havent seen any other Silverstone Tracks in the MD area.

Last edited by Mukrat; 04-08-2004 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2004 | 09:25 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Anyone locally interested in this

Quick Reply: Monthly Z gathering in No. VA?