Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

TSBs and getting service in Boston, MA

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 05:02 PM
roydiculous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSBs and getting service in Boston, MA

I am looking for a dealer that is honest, fair, and above all knowledgeable about all the problems with the 2003 350Z.

My salesman said "on the stock Potenzas are awesome in the winter" . I have my reservations about the service department too.

I wanted to keep an eye out on all the TSBs and find a dealer that will do them no questions asked and do them RIGHT.

Anyone have good experience in Boston area?

And anyone have a linky to the TSBs for our 2003 350Zs?
Old 07-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Supernatural

Roy~ how's everything? You missed out the big meet in Framingham last saturday. I showed up but couldn't stay too long since I was working.

Anyway, my car is in service right now.....due to the air leak in all 4 tires. This is 2nd visit to colonial for the same problem. They did the tire seal on all of them and thought it was fixed but seems like the problem is in elsewhere. Hopefully they find the problem....I've been pumping air more often then gas!! anyway, I can't really judge how their service is yet but I've been getting a very good treatment at least. The service guys were very friendly...I'll wait to comment on their work performance tho.

The Frost Nissan in Newton (visited them once for minor question) seem to know more about the Z. They already had a few Z's that went thru their service for tire and tranny problems and seem to know in depth the typical problems with the Z that might occur. However they actually declied to service my car since it was too new and told me to come back after 90 days. They told me that I should go back to the selling dealer for the first 90 days but after that, they will service my car. kinda weird....never heard that from BMW.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Supernatural

Oh, one thing I forgot to tell you that when I went for the first service to colonial, (air leak on tires), they performed an alignment on my car with the latest spec from Nissan. I thought that was pretty nice.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:32 AM
roydiculous

I heard the 90 day thing from another Nissan dealership too. Apparently they said "in the first 90 days, issues should be handed with original dealer b/c of buyback lemon laws". I think he was trying to say that the dealer might be liable somehow or coresponsible for lemons? Who knows.

That stinks about your tires. How did the tranny inspection go? With your grinding in 1st/2nd grears.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Supernatural

Just got back my car but will be going back to service next Tuesday. The service found the air leak but could not determine the cause so they told me they will simply replace all 4 tires with new one. They will arrive on tuesday so I'll just have to go back to get my new tires. Funny I never thought that tire leak will get me new tires this early. I was more concerned about feathering.

The dealer also told me that it was too early to tell the grind in 1st gear was any problem. they told me to drive it more (until the first oil change) and see if it gets any worse. if it does, they'll take it apart and see what is causing it. I took a short ride with a fellow Z owner at the Framingham meet and seems like the sound that I am hearing might be just a mechanical design of all the Z. I am not too concerned since powertrain warranty is good for 5 years anyway.

all in all, 4 tire replacement and alignment done to the car with 700 miles on it
Old 07-16-2004, 01:01 PM
roydiculous

I found a link to all the TSBs for our 2003 350Zs.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/350Z/2003/1.htm

I can't believe the dealer still hav esome 2003s left. They are gonna plummet in price by the time the 2005s come out. And it'll be like $22,000 for a new 2003. Sweet!