Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

The "official" Pre-Golden Gardens caravan thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:02 PM
pacfwu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
I guess this comment needs to be edited from 'couple' to 'several' members of le resistance? lol...

So the decision has been made, the first post updated, and people still want to make this difficult. Seriously, this is one of the reasons why I hardly ever drive down south for meets.

Last edited by pacfwu; 03-11-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by pacfwu
So the decision has been made, the first post updated, and people still want to make this difficult. Seriously, this is one of the reasons why I hardly ever drive down south for meets.
My last post was a tame attempt to highlight the ridiculousness of your previous comment...surprised that you're still whining about this. Why are you so quick to throw out some BS label? Nobody is making anything difficult. People who are very familiar with the area are voicing opinions, nothing more. Nobody is trying to force anything or sway anybody else. You're just going along with whatever is planned, so why does it matter to you anyways? Haven't seen you give any useful input at all...how's the weather up there on your high horse?

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 03-11-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:14 PM
pacfwu

My last post was a tame attempt to highlight the ridiculousness of your previous comment...surprised that you're still whining about this. Why are you so quick to throw out some BS label? Nobody is making anything difficult. People who are very familiar with the area are voicing opinions, nothing more. Nobody is trying to force anything or sway anybody else. You're just going along with whatever is planned, so why does it matter to you anyways? Haven't seen you give any useful input at all...how's the weather up there on your high horse?

My post was directed more at the people that posted AFTER my post as referenced in yours.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:25 PM
flyinglumpia

Originally Posted by g35blondie
^^ Ha I wish I was kidding....

Someone obviously underestimated the length of their car and as they were parking next to me, they made the turn not sharp enough, and sure enough small scratches and a small dent from the back bumper to the rear quarter panel.

Perfect timing, right before the meet... I always wanted my car looking super junky right before a big event, now here's my shot!!!

AWESOME!!
Just park next to Tito's and nobody will notice how bad it is compared to his car. lol
Old 03-11-2008, 07:31 PM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ No worries, when we do the group photo we'll make sure the good side of your car is in the shot. No one will ever know. Sorry to hear about what happened to your car.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:05 PM
sdbarker

^-- Bingo.

We'll just pretend not to notice. We're good like that. (Unless you're Milou.)
Old 03-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

My post was directed more at the people that posted AFTER my post as referenced in yours.
Well, either way, I think it was a bit unnecessary. Then again maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion. Ok, back on topic...lol.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
dkorr

Well, either way, I think it was a bit unnecessary. Then again maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion. Ok, back on topic...lol.
I'm cool with making last minute changes to the maps as long as everybody agrees which is the best way to roll. The maps aren't set in stone anyways. We still have over two weeks so its all good. Just let me know.

BTW I won't be joining you guys for the GG meet cuz I'll be moving to San Diego, but I'll still camp in the NW forum.

Last edited by dkorr; 03-11-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:49 PM
sno

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dkorr

BTW I won't be joining you guys for the GG meet
Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
sno

We do have, roughly, 2 weeks left before the meet and I'm sure we're all open to going where ever the group decides. We're all prepared to spend an early Sunday morning meeting up somewhere; let's just have a FOR SURE place, at least, a week before the meet.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:36 AM
pacfwu

Ok, see the thing is that I have to meet up with other people from Anacortes and Sedro Wooley before I come down there. To make it to Seattle by 8, my friends and I need to leave Burlington about 7. So we need to make plans to meet up about 6:30 or 6:45. If someone's running late, I can just leave without them and tell them to meet me at Northgate mall.

It's a 15-20 minute drive to Burlington from where I live, so I need to be up around 5:45 to get ready. Now, the GF needs about another 45 or so extra to get herself ready to go (about 5am).

Now if you want to change the meet point, dkorr has provided us with some great maps, so I can undoubtedly find the place. However, I'm not sure how long it's going to take to drive through the city and get to one of the other meeting points. So I'd probably factor in about another 30-45 minutes just in case I get lost or get seperated by someone that's following me. On top of that, I won't be able to give them directions to where we're going. So if someone from my group is running late, I have to wait for them.

This is why it's irritating when people want to change the plan that's already been decided on. I have to let everyone else know what's changed and revise my schedule and the schedule of others.

I don't know how many are coming up from Oregon and Southern Washington that morning (instead of getting up here early and staying in Seattle), but I'm sure all the points I've brought up would be an even bigger factor for them as well.

I, along with others, have suggested that we have another place to meet before we get to GG just so that we can regroup after getting seperated from driving in the city. So for the people that are familiar with the area and don't like the idea of meeting in Northgate, why don't you focus more on the "regrouping point" and just meet everyone there?

Isn't that the way that makes the most sense? I think it makes it easy on everyone.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:13 AM
sno

^^ You're not the only one that has an agenda.

why don't you focus more on the "regrouping point" and just meet everyone there?
I agree with this; if you don't want to (or can't because of time restraints) meet at Northgate then just meet everyone at the regrouping point.

Last edited by sno; 03-12-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:23 AM
pacfwu

Actually, I care more about getting the nice group photos like last year. I don't actually care about rolling in as a large group. If I'm truly the minority, I'll just meet up with my friends in Burlington and just drive straight to GG.

'S all good.

Last edited by pacfwu; 03-12-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:32 AM
sno

Actually, I care more about getting the nice group photos like last year. I don't actually care about rolling in as a large group. If I'm truly the minority, I'll just meet up with my friends in Burlington and just drive straight to GG.

'S all good.
I want to get some group photos too; that's why I'm coming up a day early so I don't have to leave Portland at 5:00 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:37 AM
pacfwu

I would leave a day early and crash out at Colin's house, but then I wouldn't be able to meet up with my friends. If my friends end up bailing on me, it's not really a concern, but I have to try and coordinate with them.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:37 AM
drivesolo

Gentlemen, gentlemen.... it's all good here, no?

The plan is set based on a majority vote. We're all cool w/ that, right? So nothing needs to be changed. We all show up, get to talk VQ stuff w/ other owners, take plenty of picj and a group photo, cruise down to GG together as the biggest VQ caravan that that the NW has ever seen, park together and have a good time that day. As long as we're all looking to enjoy the experience then it should all go well. With lots photos, videos and plenty of converstation afterwards.

So it's all good, no worries.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Mixturepinoy

Originally Posted by flyinglumpia
Just park next to Tito's and nobody will notice how bad it is compared to his car. lol
park next to me and you may get kicked in the nuts
Old 03-12-2008, 10:16 AM
first350

Originally Posted by drivesolo
Gentlemen, gentlemen.... it's all good here, no?

The plan is set based on a majority vote. We're all cool w/ that, right? So nothing needs to be changed. We all show up, get to talk VQ stuff w/ other owners, take plenty of picj and a group photo, cruise down to GG together as the biggest VQ caravan that that the NW has ever seen, park together and have a good time that day. As long as we're all looking to enjoy the experience then it should all go well. With lots photos, videos and plenty of converstation afterwards.

So it's all good, no worries.

+1...if you want a little more driving involved, maybe we can set-up a pre-pre-GG meet...and get some real time behind the wheel!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 AM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by drivesolo

The plan is set based on a majority vote.

This is my main reason for not wanting to change the plan.

Sorry if my posts have come across as defensive/stubborn/ or just plain "being difficult". If everyone decided they needed to change the meet and make it more convenient for them, then that's cool.

My beef was that the plan was set and people were still trying to suggest alternate ideas after it had been decided. This just adds confusion and makes it difficult for people with a greater distance of travel to plan.

Last edited by pacfwu; 03-12-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
drivesolo

Originally Posted by first350
+1...if you want a little more driving involved, maybe we can set-up a pre-pre-GG meet...and get some real time behind the wheel!
Let's give he snow a chance to melt and then we can attempt something like that. But I like your thinking!

Quick Reply: The "official" Pre-Golden Gardens caravan thread