Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Can't park. Curbed right front.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008 | 01:46 PM
blastoff99

Default Can't park. Curbed right front.

Been driving for nearly a quarter-century now, and NEVER have I curbed a wheel or scraped a tire. Today was my day. It's not awful awful, just awful. Ok, compared to lots of the rest of the pics I've seen, it's not even all that awful. BUT: the Z is my husband's baby. He is more devastated than pissed... I think "pissed" would be easier to deal with. I feel terrible, not that that helps anything. And, making matters really bad is that I was driving him to his first radiation treatment for cancer. I guess I was distracted / preoccupied / upset / whatever, or maybe I'm just a bad driver. I dunno.

Anyway, I'm really really bummed. About everything, but I'm hoping that you guys can help me with the wheel. Anybody have a PERFECT '07 front that they'd be willing to part with, or know of a good wheel repair shop? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-29-2008 | 02:09 PM
davboy

Sorry to hear that. try http://www.dependablewheel.com/
Old 05-29-2008 | 02:13 PM
mostlypeaceful

Originally Posted by blastoff99
Been driving for nearly a quarter-century now, and NEVER have I curbed a wheel or scraped a tire. Today was my day. It's not awful awful, just awful. Ok, compared to lots of the rest of the pics I've seen, it's not even all that awful. BUT: the Z is my husband's baby. He is more devastated than pissed... I think "pissed" would be easier to deal with. I feel terrible, not that that helps anything. And, making matters really bad is that I was driving him to his first radiation treatment for cancer. I guess I was distracted / preoccupied / upset / whatever, or maybe I'm just a bad driver. I dunno.

Anyway, I'm really really bummed. About everything, but I'm hoping that you guys can help me with the wheel. Anybody have a PERFECT '07 front that they'd be willing to part with, or know of a good wheel repair shop? Thanks in advance.

Oh geez, someone is getting mad at their wife again about an OEM wheel? The Touring and below wheels cost ~$300. The Grand Touring, Track, and Nismo wheels I don't know how much they cost.

Replacing a wheel is easy and has no bearing on the remaining portions of your car. There are no paint or metal wear issues from something like an alignment or hammered out body panel. Once you put the new rim on your car is exactly back to the way it was.

Your husband needs to realize that having someone who loves him enough to drive him to radiation therapy is more important than a few hundred dollars. I really don't understand some people. Is this post even for real?
Old 05-29-2008 | 02:33 PM
SlowZster

go to steve's custom auto in bellevue. Has done a lot of work for me and other members on these boards over the years. Great guy.
Old 05-29-2008 | 02:42 PM
blastoff99

Yes, mostlypeaceful, this post is for real. And my husband DOES realize that there are more important things in life than cars. He's a good guy.

BTW, the stock wheel is over $750 at the parts counter.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.
Old 05-29-2008 | 03:03 PM
SlowZster

Yes, mostlypeaceful, this post is for real. And my husband DOES realize that there are more important things in life than cars. He's a good guy.

BTW, the stock wheel is over $750 at the parts counter.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.
+1 stockers are extremely expensive from Nissan. I got over 5k for mine from insurance when they were stolen from me.
Old 05-29-2008 | 04:36 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Take it to Dependable Wheel Repair in Renton. It's THE place to go around here.
Old 05-29-2008 | 09:53 PM
Z33VQ35

Sorry to hear. You both seems like great people. What kind of wheels do you have?
Old 05-29-2008 | 10:01 PM
SlowZster

Originally Posted by Z33VQ35
Sorry to hear. You both seems like great people. What kind of wheels do you have?
stocker 06+ wheels
Old 05-30-2008 | 06:01 PM
Pete's 03SVT

I have a friend that happens to have a stock front wheel off his 06 350Z (I think the 06 and 07 wheels are the same??) that he wrecked when it had less than 3000 miles. I called him up about it and he is going to clean it up and check for any imperfections and let me know if it is good. It would come with the stock tire too.
Old 05-30-2008 | 06:39 PM
Z33steve

My front right 06 stocker is curbed all to holly... well. Lots of parking in seattle will do that. Never curbed a wheel before the Z. the width of the car is deceptive.
Old 05-30-2008 | 06:42 PM
SlowZster

Originally Posted by Z33steve
My front right 06 stocker is curbed all to holly... well. Lots of parking in seattle will do that. Never curbed a wheel before the Z. the width of the car is deceptive.
mirrors are your friend
Old 05-31-2008 | 03:24 PM
blastoff99

Originally Posted by Pete's 03SVT
I have a friend that happens to have a stock front wheel off his 06 350Z (I think the 06 and 07 wheels are the same??) that he wrecked when it had less than 3000 miles. I called him up about it and he is going to clean it up and check for any imperfections and let me know if it is good. It would come with the stock tire too.

Thanks, Pete. Please let me know what he finds.
Old 06-01-2008 | 08:18 PM
Z33steve

Originally Posted by SlowZster
mirrors are your friend
The mirror doesn't look forward and I never take the time to aim it down just to park. Yeah, I'm impaciant. After the first time curbing it I just didn't care anymore
Old 06-01-2008 | 09:42 PM
SlowZster

Originally Posted by Z33steve
The mirror doesn't look forward and I never take the time to aim it down just to park. Yeah, I'm impaciant. After the first time curbing it I just didn't care anymore
hehe, misread the front one got hit...
Old 06-01-2008 | 10:53 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

excuse to buy him some new wheels? Im sure that would bring a smile to him
Old 06-02-2008 | 07:27 AM
dkorr

there's plenty of 07-08 oem wheels on sale in classified section of this forum... average cost is $750/set of wheels and tires in good condition, sometimes brand new... no point wasting $150 to repaint those wheels cuz they require special paint and process... and some cant be fixed depending on how 'close-to-hub' the damage is...