North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Intec Racing-Osiris Protuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:04 PM
dbsears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intec Racing-Osiris Protuning

Hey guys,

I am curious if anybody has had there HR's tuned over at Intec. I have read that Lawrence at Intec Racing does tuning with Osiris. Would really like to hear some feedback on them.

I currently have an 06 Evo MR and they really have mixed reviews in the evo community. Looking to step into a new Nismo but being over 100whp short of the evo the Nismo will need power mods right away
Old 03-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

you should just go talk to them.

figure out if you are staying N/A or spending the money to go F/I.

get your mods out of the way prior to tuning. tuning a non modded car will net you minimal gains (though there are gains to be made) and you'll have to retune for future mods.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:34 PM
dbsears

Oh it will have mods...probably be staying NA for a year or so. Wait until the FI market for the HR engine expands. I would go talk to them but I live about 85 miles away. Mostly just looking for customer feedback on their tuning quality.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:24 PM
warmmilk

you won't be able to pick up 100 whp with bolton's and a tune. A.H on this forum has every na bolton there is and a tune and he put down 318 whp though an auto, so you might get like 10 whp more than that. thats about 55-65 over stock...

there is only one person (not sure who he is) on here that's gotten a tune from intec that i know of, and it was a de, not an hr. intec told me that he made 280whp. most de's with all bolton's make about 260 with a reflash (not custom tune)

Last edited by warmmilk; 03-31-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Villain

Technosquare ftw?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:15 PM
ace32x

or cobb
Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM
dbsears

Well I guess maybe I should ask what is everybody doing to get their cars tuned in WA or where do you guys go? The only two reputable tuning software I know of are Technosquare and UpRev. I realize I won't come near the power of my evo but I would be happy with something around 300whp for awhile.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 PM
aznguy370z

If you get the new 370z you can get almost 40 whp from hfc and exhaust. I've seen dynos of the stillen cai that got almost 20 whp. There are dynos on the other 370z forum.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:09 PM
ace32x

http://www.cobbtuning.com/categories/?id=3072
Old 03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
warmmilk

intake (injen cai, only one proven to make power), hi flow cats / test pipes, exhaust and a tune from intec should get you 300 whp or more

most people on here (nw) don't get tunes. there are a few fi'd people that are tuned with utec, some self tuned, some by world one. everyone else just gets a couple boltons and pretty wheels and take their cars to car shows and stuff.

if i was in your place, i'd take it to intec for a tune with osiris. thats what im gonna do whenever i get around to it.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:21 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Just know that tuning the Z is NOTHING like the Evo. You can get huge gains in the Evo for almost nothing, like just a grand or two. That amount only gets you bolt-ons for the Z, which will create minimal gains. You have to boost it, along with supporting mods, so you're looking at upwards of 10g's.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:36 PM
dbsears

Originally Posted by warmmilk
intake (injen cai, only one proven to make power), hi flow cats / test pipes, exhaust and a tune from intec should get you 300 whp or more

most people on here (nw) don't get tunes. there are a few fi'd people that are tuned with utec, some self tuned, some by world one. everyone else just gets a couple boltons and pretty wheels and take their cars to car shows and stuff.

if i was in your place, i'd take it to intec for a tune with osiris. thats what im gonna do whenever i get around to it.
That is pretty close to what I have in mind. Probably Injen intake, Berk HFCs, Bassani exhaust, an Uprev tune, and a 3.9 FD. I realize tuning does very little compared to the evo but most seem to complain about lean conditions once adding the Berk's and the car will most likely see the road course more than a few times (not going to be a show car) so I want it properly tuned with a safe A/F. I'm not hunting for every last HP just something that has a bit more usable grunt.

Thanks for the help guys, I always like to spend a couple months researching the car before I pull the trigger. Been lurking awhile figured it was time to ask a few questions.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:31 AM
350Zimo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dbsears
That is pretty close to what I have in mind. Probably Injen intake, Berk HFCs, Bassani exhaust, an Uprev tune, and a 3.9 FD. I realize tuning does very little compared to the evo but most seem to complain about lean conditions once adding the Berk's and the car will most likely see the road course more than a few times (not going to be a show car) so I want it properly tuned with a safe A/F. I'm not hunting for every last HP just something that has a bit more usable grunt.

Thanks for the help guys, I always like to spend a couple months researching the car before I pull the trigger. Been lurking awhile figured it was time to ask a few questions.
you see my opinion on that is pretty simple. The HR motor will give you fairly reliable and good power for the most part. I have pretty much all the bolt ons (except headers) and my z put down 297whp/261wtq. Moreover,the HR motor has proven to be extremely responsive to FI (with 581whp on stock internals so far @14psi). So, either way you approach it, you will get a healthy approx. 300whp car, and when you get bored with it, just FI it. As far as the 370z goes, it's a good car, but still too expensive if you ask me. The mark up is the thing that makes me dis it a bit. Just attend some meets(which i would recommend you, so you can get a vast range of ideas of what to do with your car in the future).
Regarding intec racing, i think their dyno is kinda high 350zlowlife dyno'd at 280whp/250wtq (correct me if mistaken), which is toooo high for a bone stock HR Z. There you go, you got a reference point.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:59 AM
Netacoma2003

I dynoed my Z at both Carb Connection and Intec. Both DynoJets were within 30 whp (<10%) of each other (354 vs 381) despite one was in September and the other was in late October (temp/humidity variation).

I had nothing but problems with my Technosquare / Utec setup. The flash from Techno was not scaled correctly for my 600c injectors. Mailing the ECU back in forth was a PITA. My car was undriveable for almost 2 months....so I had to ride the motorcycle.

The Osiris tune has proven to be easier to work with and more reliable. Intec squeezed a few extra ponies out of her too...went from 354whp baseline to 403whp after the tune.

Talk to Lawrence at Intec and Jared at Uprev to see what they can do for you.

Last edited by Netacoma2003; 04-01-2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-01-2009, 10:23 AM
JWS82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hardy
Just know that tuning the Z is NOTHING like the Evo. You can get huge gains in the Evo for almost nothing, like just a grand or two. That amount only gets you bolt-ons for the Z, which will create minimal gains. You have to boost it, along with supporting mods, so you're looking at upwards of 10g's.
^ That's the beauty of having a car that already comes boosted from the factory... so much untapped potential.. wouldn't it have been nice if our Z's came boosted? Of course msrp would now be around 45 grand tho...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
dbsears

Originally Posted by Netacoma2003
I dynoed my Z at both Carb Connection and Intec. Both DynoJets were within 30 whp (<10%) of each other (354 vs 381) despite one was in September and the other was in late October (temp/humidity variation).

I had nothing but problems with my Technosquare / Utec setup. The flash from Techno was not scaled correctly for my 600c injectors. Mailing the ECU back in forth was a PITA. My car was undriveable for almost 2 months....so I had to ride the motorcycle.

The Osiris tune has proven to be easier to work with and more reliable. Intec squeezed a few extra ponies out of her too...went from 354whp baseline to 403whp after the tune.

Talk to Lawrence at Intec and Jared at Uprev to see what they can do for you.
This is really good info to hear. I will be going with uprev (Osiris) after looking at their software and reading about it. They did the software for the GTM turbo kits too. You feel that Lawrence is good? That is who uprev reccomended for WA people.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:03 PM
350LowLife

Originally Posted by 350Zimo
...350zlowlife dyno'd at 280whp/250wtq (correct me if mistaken), which is toooo high for a bone stock HR Z. There you go, you got a reference point.

Correction.....It's 350LowLife.....there's no "z" in the name.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:40 AM
Netacoma2003

Originally Posted by dbsears
You feel that Lawrence is good? That is who uprev reccomended for WA people.
Intec Racing (Lawrence) is the only OSIRIS tuner in Washington. He seemed knowledgeable about my Z, the Vortech, and how my bolt ons would effect the tune. He also took some time after the initial tune to tweak my remaining hotstart issues.

I spent most of my mod $$ on NA and FI friendly mods such as Intake manifold, headers, test pipes, and exhaust. If you get the bolt ons but don't go FI, I would still use Osiris to tune the car cause you'll undoubtedly be running lean.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:01 AM
wasuber

Originally Posted by 350LowLife
Correction.....It's 350LowLife.....there's no "z" in the name.
Pipe down Anakin!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:20 PM
350LowLife

Originally Posted by wasuber
Pipe down Anakin!
I am the most powerful Jedi ever.....Obi-Wan Wasuber is just holding me back.

Quick Reply: Intec Racing-Osiris Protuning