Old 04-16-2009, 10:23 AM
sdbarker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for great awesomeness!

So who is definitely in for this?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:00 PM
davboy

I am a maybe at this moment, trying to get this one past the wife.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:28 PM
omra1k03

I will try my best to be there on Sunday. This sounds like an awesome event. I have spent many years racing off road Gran Prix events in Goldendale,WA and used to look at this road every time I drove to and from the track. I always dreamed of ripping up that road and now is the time!

I am also excited about meeting some of the local Z owners since I just got mine last month.

Last edited by omra1k03; 04-16-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:31 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am in. turned up the boost abit last weekend to see how it would react. put 400 brutal miles on it in one night and all is well. looks like this thing is finally totally sorted and will take ANY abuse i can will upon it. tears your eyeballs out in a turn also.
i have to say, i have had fast, good handling cars my entire life, and this thing has surprised me on every level. i have driven this thing fast in short bursts on country roads, but the last month or so i have been testing it in 20-30 minute hard runs. (lots of back roads around here once your out of town) i have not been able to find the limits of this car yet, and i have tried very hard. the transitional properties of the car is shearly amazing. WAY different car than stock. i am running nitto neo gens and have to say that in the sizes i am running, it feels alot better than my vette with handmade suspension on autocross hoosiers. only way i can get it to squirm AT ALL is hard accel. off a turn. perfect balance. guess the alignment is in the sweet spot too.

basically, i am looking forward to this event, lol.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:38 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by omra1k03
I will try my best to be there on Sunday. This sounds like an awesome event. I have spent many years racing off road Gran Prix events in Goldendale,WA and used to look at this road every time I drove to and from the track. I always dreamed of ripping up that road and now is the time!

I am also excited about meeting some of the local Z owners since I just got mine last month.
you gotta be the talk of the town in newberg and have a Z

alot of my closest friends grew up and still live there. yup, even now we still get drunk and wrestle at parties, hahaha. kind of embarassing, till we embrace and belt out some garth brooks or something. welcome to the forums.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:06 AM
omra1k03

Originally Posted by overZealous1
you gotta be the talk of the town in newberg and have a Z

alot of my closest friends grew up and still live there. yup, even now we still get drunk and wrestle at parties, hahaha. kind of embarassing, till we embrace and belt out some garth brooks or something. welcome to the forums.
overZealous1,

I dont know about being the talk of the town... My wife and I bought our house there a year ago and I have since seen two or three others Z's on a regular basis in town (granted none others are Brickyard).

Newberg is a cool little town. Being into bikes and cars, I love being 5 minutes from some of the coolest backroads around, plus I am close to both of the racetracks I go to all the time (McMinnville & Pats Acres in Canby).

BTW, I saw your Z and bike at the Roadster Show and was very impressed. That was awesome and congrats on the awards. I will make a point of introducing myself at Maryhill if I can make it...Trying to sort out a Check engine light that just came on yesterday...

Last edited by omra1k03; 04-17-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Z Sport

I'm going ! Probably the best Z car event of the year. I can't pass up a chance like this to put my customized Viper red Z to the test.

See everyone there !!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:37 PM
sno

I think we should set up some sort of a rolling convoy for those going Sunday from Portland. If you're interested, PM me or post in this thread. I'm planning on leaving my house in Clackamas at 7AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Z Sport

There has been some talk from a few members of NWZA.org also wanting to drive out on sunday morning. I'm sure about 3 or 4 Z's from the Vancouver area alone will be meeting up for the drive out there on Sunday. You might shoot off a note on this site's Maryhill thread to join up with this group.
I would drive with you but I'm going to both days of the event - so on sunday morning I'll already be waking up at Sunday's take off point....
Old 04-19-2009, 10:26 PM
killa.beez33

I really wish I can make this event, I don't know what I have planned yet, but this looks awesome!!!

Really wish my alignment wasn't messed up right now.... >:[
Old 04-20-2009, 10:46 AM
sno

Originally Posted by Z Sport
There has been some talk from a few members of NWZA.org also wanting to drive out on sunday morning. I'm sure about 3 or 4 Z's from the Vancouver area alone will be meeting up for the drive out there on Sunday. You might shoot off a note on this site's Maryhill thread to join up with this group.
I would drive with you but I'm going to both days of the event - so on sunday morning I'll already be waking up at Sunday's take off point....
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:37 PM
sno

Looks like the outlet mall in Troutdale is a good spot to meet up for a convoy.

450 NW 257th Way, Troutdale, OR

In order to make the 9AM deadline in The Dalles, the convoy will need to leave no later than 7:30AM from Troutdale.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Z Sport

I'm going to see if I can confirm the start time and place for Sunday's events. It seems to me like 9am is very early for the start time (take off time may turn out to be a little later). As soon as I get a response I'll let you know...
Old 04-21-2009, 08:18 PM
NizzmoJoe

Im definitely coming, actually have this weekend off of work. My question is I am in Westport, WA so I am in between both meeting spots. Which is the coolor group of guys to ride along with so I know which way to turn.....LoL!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:36 PM
sno

Originally Posted by NizzmoJoe
Im definitely coming, actually have this weekend off of work. My question is I am in Westport, WA so I am in between both meeting spots. Which is the coolor group of guys to ride along with so I know which way to turn.....LoL!!!!
Depends on what day you're coming down.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Z Sport

Sno is right - the northern group meets up only on this Saturday - starting at the Star Lake Park & Ride in Federal Way.
The Z's will Leave Star Lake Park and Ride AT 8:00am to arrive at Fishers Landing Park and Ride in Vancouver by 10:30am & meet up with the southern group of Z cars for the start of the 2 day Z car event.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Z Sport

Ok just confirmed for those driving out for the Sunday only events : ZCCW says the group of Z's will take off from the Dalles Shilo Inn at 9:00am SHARP! and have now provided a full schedule:

DAY 1 START:

Depart Fisher’s Landing Park and Ride, North Lot 11:30
THERE ARE NO BATHROOMS HERE

Take a lunch Break at one of several options further down SE 164th Avenue.(Shari’s, IHOP, McDonalds), Get fuel as needed and meet back at the Park and Ride ready to leave at 11:30
ZERO YOUR ODOMETER BEFORE LEAVING FISHERS LANDING PARK AND RIDE.
Turn Right out of Park and Ride.
At the Light, Turn Right onto SE 164th Av.
Turn Right onto Hwy.14 West to I-205 South.
Odometer Reading: 1.3,
Merge onto I-205 South.
At exit 6, merge onto I-84 East.
Take Exit # 17 to Hwy. 30 East, Scenic Loop, and Waterfalls Area.
Odometer Reading: 17.7
Turn Right on N.E. Sandy Blvd.
Odometer Reading: 17.8
Turn Left onto “East Historic Columbia River Highway” (Hwy 30 East)
(This is 22 Miles long).

Odometer Reading: 18.8 miles:
We will RE-GROUP Just after the NARROW Bridge. There is A Historic Marker, and Parking on the Right.
Odometer Reading: 28.1 miles:
Turn Right on Larch Mountain Road for 14 miles to the top of Larch Mountain “Sherrard Viewpoint” and picnic area.( Elevation is 4055ft.) then return to Hwy 30 East.
THIS SECTION IS DEPENDENT APON THE WEATHER AND POSSIBILITY OF SNOW ON THE ROAD.
Odometer Reading: 56.1miles:
Turn right onto Hwy 30 East.
Odometer Reading: 57 miles:
“Crown Point Vista House”
We will RE-GROUP at “Crown Point Vista House”
There is ample Parking on left and right sides of the road.
Turn Left on Hwy. 30 East.
Odometer Reading: 65.5 miles:
Multnomah Falls.
Find a parking spot. Look around, take Pictures. We will be here for about 30 Min.
Turn Left on Hwy. 30 East. Drive East 2.3 miles to entrance onto I-84 East.
Odometer Reading: 67.8 miles:
Merge onto I-84 East
Odometer Reading: Aprox. 72.8 miles:
Take Exit # 40 to Bonneville Dam Visitors Center.
Visit the center.
Return to I-84 East.
Odometer Reading: Aprox. 78.0 miles:
Take exit # 69 to Mosier.
Turn left onto Hwy.30 East. Follow Hwy.30 East to “Rowena Crest View Point” for Photos and Re-Group.
Turn left onto Hwy. 30 East. Follow Hwy. 30 East to the Intersection to Hwy 197.
Turn Left on Hwy. 197 “Bret Coldfeler Way” to Shilo Inn:
Check into the Hotel (If you are staying the night) and take a break. (About 30 min.). Meet in the Lounge of the Hotel to continue the drive.
ZERO YOUR ODOMETER BEFORE LEAVING THE HOTEL PARKING LOT.
Exit Hotel Parking Lot.
Turn right onto Highway 197 North, and Cross the Columbia River into Washington Hwy 14 East.
Odometer reading 3.4 Miles.
Turn Right onto Highway 14 East.
At Odometer reading 20.6 Miles.
Road comes to a “Y”. STAY TO THE RIGHT, and follow Highway 14 East.
At Odometer reading 22.2 Miles.
Turn Right to Stonehenge Monument.
After photos, and sightseeing at Stonehenge, turn left out of the parking lot onto HIGHWAY 14 West. Backtrack to Shilo Inn for Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant.

DAY 1 END
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Tonight, you should pick up whatever you need to make a lunch for tomorrow, or purchase a box lunch at Maryhill Museum. THERE ARE NO RESTURANTS.

DAY 2 START:
After Breakfast, we will meet in the Lounge of the Hotel at 8:00 to continue the drive.
ZERO YOUR ODOMETER BEFORE LEAVING THE HOTEL PARKING LOT.
Exit Hotel Parking Lot at 9:00 am SHARP.
Turn right onto Highway 197 North, and Cross the Columbia River into Washington Hwy 14 East.
Odometer reading 3.4 Miles.
Turn Right onto Highway 14 East.
Odometer Reading: 18.5 miles:
Turn Right into the drive way to Maryhill Museum. Should arrive around 9:00 AM.
WATCH OUT FOR LOOSE PEACOCKS!
We will be here long enough to Tour the Museum, order our lunches, and get the Combination to the gate locks to access Maryhill Loop Road.
11:00: Depart Museum.
ZERO YOUR ODOMETER BEFORE LEAVING THE MUSEUM PARKING LOT.
Return to Hwy. 14 East, and turn right.
Road comes to a “Y”. STAY TO THE RIGHT, and follow Highway 14 East.
Odometer reading: 3.7 miles:
Turn Right to “Stonehenge” (If we didn’t get here last night.)

Odometer reading: 4.0 miles:
Turn Left to lower Gate to *Maryhill Loop Road.***
Unlock the Gate, and enjoy the next two Hours of driving the MARYHILL LOOP ROAD.
***VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!
THERE IS NO POTABLE WATER THERE.
THERE ARE NO BATHROOMS THERE.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE PREPAIRED.
After driving the Maryhill loop road, turn right onto hwy 14 W. for drive home.
We can make a pit stop at Maryhill winery on our way home. There is also various other wineries along the way that we can stop at if time allows.
For those from Oregon, you can also cross back to I-84 for a more direct return route.
And those wishing to drive straight back to Northern Wa. May wish to follow hwy 97 through Goldendale and on to I-82 W. which should get you to I-90.
DRIVE WEEK-END OFFICIAL OVER.

THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING, AND HAVE A PLEASANT AND SAFE DRIVE HOME.
ROBERT AND KENNETH LINDSEY
Old 04-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Z Sport

Sno - looks like some Z's from NWZA are interested in joining your group meet up in Troutdale for the drive to Sunday's events. ZCCW has stated they wanted to start Sunday's drive at 8:30am - but will delay the start time until 9:00am for the Z's driving in for the day's event. Try and make sure everyone arrives no later than 9am ....

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you guys there!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:07 PM
sno

Originally Posted by Z Sport
Sno - looks like some Z's from NWZA are interested in joining your group meet up in Troutdale for the drive to Sunday's events. ZCCW has stated they wanted to start Sunday's drive at 8:30am - but will delay the start time until 9:00am for the Z's driving in for the day's event. Try and make sure everyone arrives no later than 9am ....

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you guys there!
Thanks for the heads up. The Dalles is only an hour away from Troutdale and that's doing the speed limit.... we'll be leaving PROMPTLY at 7:30AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:29 PM
overZealous1

after my front end destruction a couple days ago, i am gunna have to see what condition this thing is in after the schrapnel is removed. looks like nobody local had a new spoiler or front end for me. downforce on the front end is almost non-existant now. didn't realize how effective the set up i had was. it happened on 84 though, past troutdale, so look for blue parts on the side of the road!!

Quick Reply: Maryhill Z Car Event 2009 - April 25th & 26th