Old 11-27-2009 | 01:18 PM
deeznutz

Originally Posted by ace32x
1 or 3 and get an r34
This.
I know where one is
Old 11-29-2009 | 12:59 PM
MaRbLe

Yes in writing, they HAVE to give me what my car would sell for prior to the wreck. My lawyer asked them to provide the comparables that they based the 30k on. Since these do not exist we will move ahead with calling their BS soon....

Originally Posted by virtual_bob
Not stirring the pot but did you have this in writing? And was the value of the car is determined at the point when you first sought insurance and did you pay an extra premium for the aftermarket parts?

Did they know about the aftermarket parts at the time of purchasing the policy?

I doubt it because if you did, they would have sent you to an assessor to approve the value your modifications. They did so on my $10K Suby that was assessed for $17k. I paid an extra $12 every six months to cover the NAV, turbo kit, standalone ECU and wheels which amounted to the extra $7k.

If you purchased the aftermarket parts after you got the policy and didn't update your insurance company, they might cover some of it but let's be honest, no flat-rate premium is going to cover the car for over twice of what it's worth. That's financial genocide and an opening themselves up to far more liability than what they're charging...

+1, you can argue as much as you'd like but they'll end up tying you up for months if not years, and there's no clear winner here; but they do have far more lasting power...

My 2 cents...
Old 11-30-2009 | 06:56 AM
lgear080

Now we're talking. The attorney needs to work through the insurance company's
morass of bs!
Old 12-01-2009 | 09:23 PM
xtrmspd

My question is, how are you going to get the insurance company to pay you what you've spent on the car if you haven't been paying insurance for more than what a stock is worth. I've heard, if you want to cover the mods, you just tell the insurance company how "much" you want to insure your car for. Otherwise, all you're paying for the 6 months is what a stock z is worth and when it's totalled, you end up with what the stock z is worth. At least that's my understanding.

I hate insurance companies, but can't expect to get back more than what it's worth unless you've been paying to the insurance company for what you think it's worth.

It sux and I feel for you man. Best of luck.
Old 12-24-2009 | 04:33 PM
MaRbLe

If they total out the car, which is what they are trying to do they have to pay me what the car would sell for. The 30k offer they gave is not going to cut it. They never got an quote to fix it and they only showed me one comparable that they a basing it off. A car at even close to mine without a mod list. I personally want it fixed so by the time I get a real quote and real comparables to them via my lawyer they should fix it. Its going to cost them WAY less.

My lawyer is a badass and does not mess around. He looked at everything already and told me not to worry, it will be fixed. When he says that to me I know that he will deliver.

Originally Posted by xtrmspd
My question is, how are you going to get the insurance company to pay you what you've spent on the car if you haven't been paying insurance for more than what a stock is worth. I've heard, if you want to cover the mods, you just tell the insurance company how "much" you want to insure your car for. Otherwise, all you're paying for the 6 months is what a stock z is worth and when it's totalled, you end up with what the stock z is worth. At least that's my understanding.

I hate insurance companies, but can't expect to get back more than what it's worth unless you've been paying to the insurance company for what you think it's worth.

It sux and I feel for you man. Best of luck.
Old 12-26-2009 | 03:13 PM
sbl350z

you do know the lawyer gets money either way right? well good luck.