Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

2010 Maryhill Z Car event - April 17 & 18

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Z Sport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Maryhill Z Car event - April 17 & 18

Those who attended last year's Maryhill loop run know what this is all about.

Sponsored by the Z Car Club of Washington this two day Z car only event is by far the most exciting of the year. Last year some 25 Z cars showed up to take spirited runs on the rented Maryhill loop road course. Car clubs already joining: my350Z.com, Z Car Club of Washington (ZCCW) , NorthwestZ.org (NWZ) and Northwest Z Association (NWZA).
Check out the photos and details on ZCCW’s web site. ZCCW is asking for a head count for this event.

If you are going to this event this year – post here or email Rob at:
350zroadsterragtop@comcast.net>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCgR2Jyg_PY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcqGv1ls3rA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwvEdsy36gg

Last edited by Z Sport; 02-16-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:20 PM
killa.beez33

IN.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:44 AM
sdbarker

Missed last year's, this year I'm definitely in.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Nismo 78

I might have to attend this one, looks like fun!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:58 AM
sdbarker

Originally Posted by Nismo 78
I might have to attend this one, looks like fun!!!
Who let you on the internets again?!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:11 AM
davboy

I am going to try real hard to make this one. Probably going to trailer the Z down.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:41 AM
350LowLife

What fun is that Dave?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:53 AM
davboy

Originally Posted by 350LowLife
What fun is that Dave?
Its the just in case I break something trailer.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Nismo 78

Originally Posted by sdbarker
Who let you on the internets again?!
Tax return did, LOL. I've been shopping for a few little goodies.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:00 PM
350LowLife

Originally Posted by davboy
Its the just in case I break something trailer.
I'll accept that I suppose.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Russ

Default 2010 ZCCW Maryhill Drive

While we do not want to discourage anyone from participating in the 2010 ZCCW Maryhill Drive event, we need to make a correction to the posts in this thread that appear to be giving the wrong impression about what this event is. Even the OP incorrectly posts about "running all out time attacks".

This drive is for enjoyment only---NOT AN UPHILL/DOWNHILL RACE.

The ZCCW cannot afford the insurance that is required for that type of event. That is not what we are trying to do. In addition, this is designed to be a "Drive"-- Not a "Trailer to the event". There is no where to park/accommodate trailers. We have signed a contract with the Maryhill Museum assuring them that this is not a "Time Trial" event.

With that having been said, and running the risk of discouraging your participation, we cannot allow this to turn into a “time attack” or “time trial” event and ruin the drive for the ZCCW; this is not the type of publicity that the ZCCW needs. We hope you understand the position that this would put us in.

By all means join us on the drive with the understanding that there is no racing or timed portions.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 PM
HaulinZ

i really wanted to go last year and had to work... looks like a lot of fun but thats way advance planning so im in as a maybe for now haha
Old 02-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Z Sport

Yes - to clearify my term "time attacks" I ment spirited driving the course within the limits of your skills and within the handeling ability of your vehicle while insuring that your vehicle STAYS ON THE ROAD AT ALL TIMES. Like I said "those who attended last year know what this is all about".
THIS IS NOT A RACE but drivers were seeing how quickly they could safely drive the course.

Russ - please correct me if I'm wrong - but wasn't it your Z car that went off the road due to excessive speed at last year's Maryhill event?

No other drivers went off the road that I know of.
I'm sure ZCCW would like to see that no cars spin out or slid off the road course this year.
KEEP IT SAFE

Last edited by Z Sport; 02-16-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:05 AM
davboy

Originally Posted by Russ
While we do not want to discourage anyone from participating in the 2010 ZCCW Maryhill Drive event, we need to make a correction to the posts in this thread that appear to be giving the wrong impression about what this event is. Even the OP incorrectly posts about "running all out time attacks".

This drive is for enjoyment only---NOT AN UPHILL/DOWNHILL RACE.

The ZCCW cannot afford the insurance that is required for that type of event. That is not what we are trying to do. In addition, this is designed to be a "Drive"-- Not a "Trailer to the event". There is no where to park/accommodate trailers. We have signed a contract with the Maryhill Museum assuring them that this is not a "Time Trial" event.

With that having been said, and running the risk of discouraging your participation, we cannot allow this to turn into a “time attack” or “time trial” event and ruin the drive for the ZCCW; this is not the type of publicity that the ZCCW needs. We hope you understand the position that this would put us in.

By all means join us on the drive with the understanding that there is no racing or timed portions.
I thought you guys met in Portland or Vancouver to begin the drive over to Maryhill. I just meant that I would trailer the car down to the beginning of the drive and drive with the group. I've got some where to stash my truck and trailer in Portland. I didn't want to give the impression that I would just show up for the closed road part.

Last edited by davboy; 02-17-2010 at 05:06 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:56 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

where exactly is this located? this looks fun.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Russ

Originally Posted by Z Sport
Russ - please correct me if I'm wrong - but wasn't it your Z car that went off the road due to excessive speed at last year's Maryhill event?
Nope, sorry, wasn't me. I wasn't there last year.

Originally Posted by Z Sport
I'm sure ZCCW would like to see that no cars spin out or slid off the road course this year.
KEEP IT SAFE
Yes indeed!

Originally Posted by davboy
I thought you guys met in Portland or Vancouver to begin the drive over to Maryhill. I just meant that I would trailer the car down to the beginning of the drive and drive with the group. I've got some where to stash my truck and trailer in Portland. I didn't want to give the impression that I would just show up for the closed road part.
Thanks for clarifying what you meant by trailering your car. Thought perhaps your car wasn't street legal or something.

Originally Posted by Entaille
where exactly is this located? this looks fun.
A bit east of The Dalles off I-84 on the Washington side of the Columbia. Near Biggs, OR. Access to Maryhill Road is on Sunday (4/18).
Old 02-18-2010, 05:42 PM
sno

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man, if you guys are able to attend this, you must go. Those are my videos from last year. It was so much fun. I think I burned a half a tank of gas making the 12 passes that I did. Make sure you have good tires though, the penalty for failure is a pretty gnarly cliff fall on almost half the whole course.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Z Sport

Thanks Sno for making and posting those vids! There are two meet up points: one in northern Washington and the other at 164th and Hwy 14 in Vancouver. The northern Z cars meet up (Russ can tell you when and where) and drive together to the second Z meet which is in Vancouver. After breakfast all the Z cars take off together heading east on HWY 14 along the Columbia Gorge. Many view points and photo stops including Stonehenge. That night is spent in The Dalles (group room discounts at a hotel) and the following day is the Maryhill event.

Russ - are the details posted up on ZCCW yet? Keep us informed as to the details, times and locations of the meet ups - the hotel and booking rates - will you? Thank you!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

^would love those details! I imagine this is a z-only event but I figure I will ask since opportunities for some legal spirited driving fun don't pop up too often - could I invite a friend who drives a WRX? not a big deal if the answer is no.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:39 AM
sn0
Banned

There was a WRX there last year. He was the only non Z though. With Winter tires. Everyone ignored him.

Quick Reply: 2010 Maryhill Z Car event - April 17 & 18