Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

It finally happened -- stopped for no front plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 10:42 AM
ace32x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DM4
Now there is some sound decision making; risk the loss of a job and forfeiture of a pension for refusal to issue a traffic ticket.
more or less, i wouldnt be in that position in the first place though id find a profession or job with a little self respect, where im not ******* over the average car enthusiast for front plate bs
Old 01-23-2011, 11:02 AM
DM4

Originally Posted by ace32x
more or less, i wouldnt be in that position in the first place though id find a profession or job with a little self respect, where im not ******* over the average car enthusiast for front plate bs
Then I applaud your ideology; but question your intelligence.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:13 PM
RocketCoffin

Originally Posted by DM4
Soooo, what you are saying is that if you were a cop and your supervisor instructed you to write tickets for equipment violations, including license plate violations, you would debate the merits of the violation as opposed to writing the ticket to the guy who refuses to display the front plate.

Refusing to follow a lawful order from a supervisor would subject you to disciplinary action. I do not know anyone on the job looking to risk their career and pension for many things, especially something as trivial as issuing equipment violation tickets.
Hey a job is a job, I will never do anything for an employer I don't believe in, even if it is as asinine as the whole front plate issue.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:26 PM
DM4

Originally Posted by RocketCoffin
Hey a job is a job, I will never do anything for an employer I don't believe in, even if it is as asinine as the whole front plate issue.
So, a job is a job. The pay scale at the agency where I was employed currently has patrol officers breaking into the six figure range after 8 years of employment. The officers are eligible for retirement after 25 years of service at 65% of their last year's pay. The pension payments begin the month after retirement and there is no minimum age requirement. Health care is provided through retirement with low retiree contributions. On top of all of that this job is like having a front row seat to the greatest show on Earth

So yeah, someone is going to throw all that away, because he has some philosophical opposition to writing a traffic ticket. Not likely.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:51 PM
ace32x

Originally Posted by DM4
So, a job is a job. The pay scale at the agency where I was employed currently has patrol officers breaking into the six figure range after 8 years of employment. The officers are eligible for retirement after 25 years of service at 65% of their last year's pay. The pension payments begin the month after retirement and there is no minimum age requirement. Health care is provided through retirement with low retiree contributions. On top of all of that this job is like having a front row seat to the greatest show on Earth

So yeah, someone is going to throw all that away, because he has some philosophical opposition to writing a traffic ticket. Not likely.
blood money, thier no better than the people involved in the blood diamond trade your hands are all dirty :P
Old 01-23-2011, 02:06 PM
DM4

blood money, thier no better than the people involved in the blood diamond trade your hands are all dirty :P
Yeah. That analogy is spot on. Not sure how I sleep at night.

Lest you think I'm fibbing. Here is a link to a site that shows the payroll for a municipal NJ police department. Notice that these are 2008 salaries.

http://php.app.com/NJpublicemployees...&Submit=Search

Last edited by DM4; 01-23-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:06 PM
ace32x

im sure they pay u that much, make u feel better about stealing it from the rest of us
Old 01-23-2011, 04:18 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I don't understand why you guys are getting so upset. The law is the law and if you choose to not run a front plate.................fine. Just don't complain about getting a fine for not running a front plate. I fully understand the objection to no front plate. I didn't run one for about 20 years. I never was stopped for no front plate, but last spring, the police started enforcing the front plate law. Rather than getting all upset, I just got a Zeebracket and put on the front plate. Now i'm legal.......................
Old 01-23-2011, 05:11 PM
ace32x

i could care less i just dont like this dba trying to justify it and thinking he can come in and insult people for question why its needed
Old 01-23-2011, 06:37 PM
blastoff99

I wasn't trying to start anything. Honest. Just reporting the events of the day, and throwing a caution out there to anyone coming on campus.

We'll be putting the front plate on this week. Whether I think it's a stupid law or not is sadly irrelevant; I'd rather put the plate on than pay $237 every time I leave my house. I have no doubt that the WWU cop would write tickets and enjoy doing so should I fail to attach the front plate.

Still haven't quite decided what to do. The zipties aren't ideal.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:29 AM
RocketCoffin

Originally Posted by blastoff99
I wasn't trying to start anything. Honest. Just reporting the events of the day, and throwing a caution out there to anyone coming on campus.

We'll be putting the front plate on this week. Whether I think it's a stupid law or not is sadly irrelevant; I'd rather put the plate on than pay $237 every time I leave my house. I have no doubt that the WWU cop would write tickets and enjoy doing so should I fail to attach the front plate.

Still haven't quite decided what to do. The zipties aren't ideal.
Let me know what you end up doing. Was thinking magnet strips personally.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:36 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1zIGPyJunI
Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 AM
blastoff99

Originally Posted by RocketCoffin
Let me know what you end up doing. Was thinking magnet strips personally.
Sticking to what? Or are you contemplating a "sandwich" with the plate as the filling?

If you're going to go that direction, you might want to look into 3M DualLock. It's like velcro on steroids, and there is a version with outdoor adhesive. Probably available at Hardware Sales.

We're contemplating something using the tow hook attachment. I know a good machine shop. Right now the zipties will do it, although they are an obnoxious color of lime green.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:19 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Here is a link to the Zee-Bracket. It is a simple bracket and requires two small holes next to the tow hook hole. If you decide to remove the bracket, the holes are almost invisible. There are no hole made in the bumper.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/zee-bra...r-p-19461.html

Here is a picture of the plate installed. I'm not real excited about it but it doesn't look all that bad.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:38 AM
n1nj4 m0d3

Old 01-24-2011, 04:13 PM
350LowLife

Originally Posted by blastoff99
Well you certainly didn't start anything....somebody else did...but it takes all kinds ya' know?

i could care less i just dont like this dba trying to justify it and thinking he can come in and insult people for question why its needed
I thought his attempt at an insult was quite humorous ... it was the best laugh I had all day. I meant to inform him that he should not renew his subscription to "Psychology Today"...because it isn't working.

and one last thing to New Joisey....
Old 01-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Frankzee

well today is my 4th time I got pulled over for no front license plate. Officer was nice no ticket. I am going to order the hide away plate today.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 AM
davboy

Looks like I am a little late to the party. I was pulled over a bunch last summer for no front plate, but no tickets just a bunch of warnings. I was even pulled over by the same cop 3 times and he remembered me every time, I think he thinks it is fun just to harass me. Any ways once I put my plate on my passenger side visor I have had no problems, or maybe just some luck.

I do find it pathetic when a cop goes after little things, aren't there actual crimes being committed somewhere? Go get some crack heads off the street or something and quit bothering the tax payers that pay your wages.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Looks Fast

Originally Posted by davboy
I do find it pathetic when a cop goes after little things, aren't there actual crimes being committed somewhere?
Little things? Those plates are extremely important (like an airbag)! People have actually died in cars that didn't have them (front license plates). We all know the front plate's main purpose is to act as a cushion from when you fender bender someone; the plate itself actually absorbs most of the 'impact'. So the cops don't care to really look at your plate numbers, they are just making sure you are safe...
Old 01-29-2011, 10:11 AM
ThePhoenix

all comes down to the cop, its in their judgement, some cops are DB who "yes sir" everything and some believe in patrolling real issues etc, some hand out 500 tickets a month some hand out 5 tickets a month

it all comes down to the cop themselves, sadly u got a douche who does everything he is told

i get to work with police a good bit and got some friendships with a number of officers and they make nice $$$ even when they only do a few tickets a month and look for real issues

----

sucks u got the ticket m8 hope u get it cleared by showing them u put it on.

Quick Reply: It finally happened -- stopped for no front plate