Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Stadium Nissan closing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 05:15 PM
cwerdna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stadium Nissan closing?

I moved out of WA state last year, but I spotted this on MNL.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopi...=9283&p=208743

I called Stadium Nissan today to get my one year battery check only to find out they are closing their doors on this coming Friday, June 29. It's too bad - I liked their people and their location.
Maybe one of you guys can confirm...
Old 06-26-2012, 06:10 PM
mattleegee

I dont think so.... That would leave a huge area with no Nissan dealerships

Seattle
Renton
Bellevue
Burien

you can call and ask, maybe they are going to stop carrying Leafs?
http://nissanofseattle.com/
Old 06-26-2012, 06:39 PM
cwerdna

^^^
Umm, at when point when I lived up there, Melody's Nissan in Bellevue and Kirkland both went under. I was living on the Eastside and for years (when I owned my Z and Maxima), I had to go to Pacific Nissan (on/near Westlake) in Seattle for warranty/recall work, or further. I sometimes went to Fife, where I bought my two cars from (in late 01 and late 03).

When I returned to WA again, I drove by Pacific Nissan to find it closed and later demolished. I think the first time, Stadium Nissan might not've existed yet.

Seems highly unlikely that Stadium Nissan would stop carrying Leafs while remaining open. Electricity is very cheap in WA state and it makes the Leaf very cheap to "fuel" there.

And, you've got http://westcoastgreenhighway.com/electrichighways.htm. I know most/all of the ones listed in OR are DC fast chargers (CHAdeMO) and can charge a Leaf w/QC port from 0 to 80% in 30 minutes. I'm not sure about WA.

Last edited by cwerdna; 06-26-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:00 PM
e46330i

It's true, Stadium Nissan is closing their doors.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:15 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Stadium Nissan's service department is a joke. I brought my Z in with A/C problems shortly before the warranty expired and even before I had my car turned off in the service bay, some guy was running up to me trying to sell me a set of tires, saying, "You know, your tires are illegal." I check my tires every time I wash the car and I knew for a fact that the day before they were at 6/32nds (illegal is 2/32nds). I told him this and he gave me a blank stare and said, "Well, you need new tires." I told him, "I'm not here for that."

After they filled out my paperwork, he drags me into a 2nd room, full of (you guessed it) tires and said he could get me a killer deal on a set of Yokohamas. I asked him how much and he wouldn't answer; he kept evading the question. I finally said, look I have to go, so how much? He quoted me at $270 per tire, plus mounting and balancing. The same tires sell at Discount Tire for $155. When I told him I'd check Tire Rack to see what the reviews were like (bad, by the way), he got all pissy. His exact words were, "Tire Rack? That place is a joke."

When I left, he wouldn't give me the keys until he lectured me about the tires and how squirrely the car was. I asked him, "How do you know if the car was squirrely? Did you take it for a drive?" He said, "I had to." I asked, "Why did you have to? This was an A/C service. How far did you go?" He said, "Around the block a few times." I said, "Well, you have to race the engine with the VDC off to get the car squirrely. Did you race the engine with the VDC off?" He gave me a blank stare. Then I said, "Let me check my trip meter. I re-set it when I got here." He looked around all paranoid, then smiled and said, "Okay, I lied. But you need new tires, so come to us when you're ready." I told him he'd never EVER see me again. He thought it was pretty funny. The high note to this exchange was that some guy who was bringing his car in for service witnessed everything and then told the girl at the desk to give him his keys back because he didn't trust them with his car.

In a nutshell, Stadium Nissan didn't fix my A/C problem. I ended up taking it to Younker Nissan, where they fixed it, cleaned my car, were super professional, and didn't try to sell me a set of crummy, overpriced tires.

I think anyone who's been there can also attest that Stadium Nissan is an absolute rathole. They never even TRIED to make the place look presentable.

Bottom line is that Stadium Nissan deserves to go down. Their service writers are morons and they had the same business ethic as Cal Worthington, who was run out of the state by the Attorney General.