Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Mercedes Driving event incident

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mercedes Driving event incident

About a month ago, I signed up for the Mercedes C drive event that scheduled to take place today. Make it long story short, I will never buy a Mercedes Benz. The course manager made a very racist comment when i requested to drive a sports model. He said, "why do you want to drive the last car out of the four?" "Do you plan to drift the car or something?" " If you fall behind we are not going to let you drive the car." I was like wtf? At first i thought he was just kidding, but the way he looked at me was nothing but serious. I just walked to the car and drove off. I have never been so pissed and insulted like that in my life. Especially coming from a driving event when attendants are suppose to enjoy and have a good time. The course event manager was a complete *** hole and racist. I later complained to another manager and he assured me that he will talk to the course manager. I was like, yeah, right. Just because i looked young and being Asian doesn't mean i was there to drift and drive the shiet out of the car. And honestly, the new C drove like shiet, even with the sport model. Mercedes Benz has never appealed to me. After this event, it basically placed them in the bottom of the pile.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:58 PM
chriskabobbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that was pretty effed up vince, but hmm .. besides the drift comment, I don't understand what he meant about driving the last out of the four, or even falling behind? if he intended you were going to go crazy with it, wouldn't he think you would be ahead of everyone?

Last edited by chriskabobbers; 08-05-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:17 PM
jondimellow

buy a bmw.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Zshazz

Yeah... go to the BMW performance driving thing... they actually encourage you to drive their cars as hard as you can (for the 2-day school, they were actually encouraging people to drift on the skid pad on the 2nd day! THEY RAWK!!!)
Old 08-05-2007, 09:22 PM
chriskabobbers

mercedes is too uptight if you ask me, everytime you drive one, feels like you gotta throw on a suit, but bmw feels so laid back
Old 08-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Changvi

What pissed me off was the drifting comment. WTF, its like you can drift in a freaking C class.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:04 PM
alving

Originally Posted by Changvi
What pissed me off was the drifting comment. WTF, its like you can drift in a freaking C class.
Anything RWD can be drifted, yes, even a C-class
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MtDQy1_OD_4

I doubt the guy was being "racist". Both of my neighbors are Asian and they drive C-class Benz's. A C230 Sport to the left of my Z and a C280 to the right. They are both black and nice!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Jabdo233

Originally Posted by Changvi
I would not have gotten angry at the drifting comment, but that's probably because I'm black. So if he asked me about fried chicken I would have been just as angry as you.

Sorry to hear about your experience... and +1 on the BMW performance driving.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:52 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd have kicked his nuts in.... Fugger.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:55 PM
chriskabobbers

Originally Posted by Jabdo233
I would not have gotten angry at the drifting comment, but that's probably because I'm black. So if he asked me about fried chicken I would have been just as angry as you.

Sorry to hear about your experience... and +1 on the BMW performance driving.
hahahaha. sorry man. that was juss funny.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 AM
Changvi

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
I'd have kicked his nuts in.... Fugger.
LOL....i really wanted to kick his ***,but that would mean a few days in jail and a lawsuit coming from Mercedes and that *****...
Old 08-06-2007, 07:39 AM
vaughn1576

You definitely want to put people like that on the spot immediately in front of a crowd. I'm sure the crowd reaction would have made him realize his mistake in dramatic fashion.

I guess being black and not stereotypical I get stuff like that a lot. When the racism is blatant like that, it's fairly easy to embarrass the offender without seeming irrational.

Im sorry you had to experience that. It's not much fun.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:17 AM
ronnie0738
boost ownz ju

tats efed up...you always bump into some @ssholes at these events.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:21 AM
NGZ

What's the course manager's name and who organized this event?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:00 PM
chriskabobbers

Originally Posted by vaughn1576
You definitely want to put people like that on the spot immediately in front of a crowd. I'm sure the crowd reaction would have made him realize his mistake in dramatic fashion.

I guess being black and not stereotypical I get stuff like that a lot. When the racism is blatant like that, it's fairly easy to embarrass the offender without seeming irrational.

Im sorry you had to experience that. It's not much fun.
+1 on the should have made a scene and embarrassing him idea. he would have been hesitant to ever talk to another person like that again. especially in front of a crowd and if you mention the words "racist" and "attack" people will turn their heads and criticize him, and he would lose a lot of potential buyers.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Navygolf13

Just out of curiosity....saying someone is going to drift is racist? Didnt know that, maybe stereotypical, but racist I dont think so. Did you drive your Z to the event? Maybe he saw you drive up in the Z. Just a thought, but you know today people jump to the conclusion about racist for saying something stereotypical. I am not saying it was right of him to say this, but there could be a million different reasons it was said. Maybe the last guy who drove the car looked like you and drifted it...who knows.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Cannysage

racist or not, the guy sounded like a ******* fokker. you should've elbow'd him across the forehead.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:21 PM
vaughn1576

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Just out of curiosity....saying someone is going to drift is racist? Didnt know that, maybe stereotypical, but racist I dont think so. Did you drive your Z to the event? Maybe he saw you drive up in the Z. Just a thought, but you know today people jump to the conclusion about racist for saying something stereotypical. I am not saying it was right of him to say this, but there could be a million different reasons it was said. Maybe the last guy who drove the car looked like you and drifted it...who knows.
Do you get paid to be a proffesional devils advocate??? You defend the worst people!

Opinion invalid...
Old 08-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by vaughn1576
Do you get paid to be a proffesional devils advocate??? You defend the worst people!

Opinion invalid...
WTF? No I dont. I dont like when people automatically assume someone is racist because of a comment like that. I asked a couple questions about the situation. I was trying to find out more information and pose a point that assuming someone is racist because they say you drift is ridiuclous....not the right thing to say but by no means makes him/her racist.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:31 PM
12oyce

ya i probably would have socked someone in the face, i hate people like that. you know if you talk to a district manager, you would have gotten that guy in serious trouble, cuz DM's actually take action, thats how it is at my work. a customer complains and no matter if they/we were wrong, the DM will side wit the customer. but ya im wit getting a bmw, i think its alot better n looks alot cleaner!

Quick Reply: Mercedes Driving event incident