Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Sacramento spotted thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Kuruma-san

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Control 350z
lol i work for a club downtown till about 2
I work graveyard, so usually I would be working at this time.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:16 PM
cbtech

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
I am game, On Jackson Hwy 6:50 am PPW 03-05
What day was that and where on jackson? that might have been me...
Old 02-06-2008, 09:45 PM
M1r4cL3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sidewaysjenn
Yeah that was me, I got pulled over for my "muffler". He said he "ran my plates, and it came back with no info" But I handed him my reg with matching info??? After an hour and at one time 4 cops I got a fix it ticket (with imposed fines and a court date) I have to take the car to this place and they will tell me what I have to take off..... The ticket was for my "muffler" and no carb sticker on my intake.
Annoying... a cop with a bug in his @$$ can be such a hassle.
At least he didn't write you up for not having a front lic plate

And how did he know ur intake didn't have a CARB number? U were the one at the meet talkin bout u don't have to pop ur hood when cops ask??
Old 02-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Kuruma-san

Originally Posted by M1r4cL3
Annoying... a cop with a bug in his @$$ can be such a hassle.
At least he didn't write you up for not having a front lic plate

And how did he know ur intake didn't have a CARB number? U were the one at the meet talkin bout u don't have to pop ur hood when cops ask??
the exhaust violation is pc to check the engine bay, now if he asked she could have said no, if he was telling her to open it she had no choice
Old 02-07-2008, 02:15 AM
Kuruma-san

Spotted black roadster yesterday east bound madison after I80 about 7:10 pm
Old 02-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Control 350z

ok spotted silver Z on Ost parked on the side of the road i saw your car on 50 the other day also

and gold or orange Z at Zinfandel and folsom at 230 this morning you pulled through the parking lot i was in the jack in the box drive through i flashed my high beams
Old 02-07-2008, 11:46 AM
M1r4cL3

Originally Posted by Kuruma-san
the exhaust violation is pc to check the engine bay, now if he asked she could have said no, if he was telling her to open it she had no choice
I guess it's just splitting hairs but have I've never heard a cop "ask" when they don't need to.

I just find it interesting that the same thing she tried to call me out on happened to her a week later. At least her car wasn't impounded like mine was.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Control 350z

Originally Posted by M1r4cL3
I guess it's just splitting hairs but have I've never heard a cop "ask" when they don't need to.

I just find it interesting that the same thing she tried to call me out on happened to her a week later. At least her car wasn't impounded like mine was.
well the way we both understood the law was that you didnt have to pop your hood. buth both of us found out the hard way that it wasnt true. since CA started the street racing task force bs any cop can make you pop your hood. if there is a modification to the intake or exhaust and it does not have a CARB sticker the car can be inpounded on the spot for up to 30 days I tried telling her also but some people need to find out for herself.

and i did go to my parents house and ask the 2 cops that live on their block, so i hope it is good info.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Lostcloud

A little old and I have been meaning to post this one...

About 2 weeks ago at the car wash at the Bel Air off 5 at Arena was a black Nismo.

I was in mine and kinda saw it after doing a double take. First time seeing another Nismo on the road. (err.... car wash... )
Old 02-07-2008, 06:47 PM
M1r4cL3

Thumbs down

well the way we both understood the law was that you didnt have to pop your hood. buth both of us found out the hard way that it wasnt true. since CA started the street racing task force bs any cop can make you pop your hood. if there is a modification to the intake or exhaust and it does not have a CARB sticker the car can be inpounded on the spot for up to 30 days I tried telling her also but some people need to find out for herself.

and i did go to my parents house and ask the 2 cops that live on their block, so i hope it is good info.
That's good info... Tanks.
Seems like the laws just keep getting tighter and tighter for enthusiasts.

I'm curious as to whether the fix tix given requires both her intake and exhaust to have a CARB number?
In my experience you can have an exhaust w/o a CARB number as long as u don't have a test pipes or delete ur cats. I assume that is prolly still the case. If she still has her cats she can prolly fight the tix w/o pulling her exhaust. Fighting the rubber hangers is

What exhaust is she running? The exhaust tix might really be for excessive dBA.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Control 350z

if your parts dont have a CARB sticker you have to take the car to the referee to get it smogged if you pas they give you the stickers to put in the door. any mods to intake except drop in filter need CARB approval any exhaust not offered by manufacturer as either standard or optional equipment must be CARB approved.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:55 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is true but I hate this law...is this a real crime? We have money to mod cars..they can make revenue off our hard earned money!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Control 350z

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
This is true but I hate this law...is this a real crime? We have money to mod cars..they can make revenue off our hard earned money!
it all started with fast and furious and dumb kids wanting to street race. and with them killing themselves and others it was only a matter of time.

i cant say i dont totaly agree with it, if you have the CARB stickers it more shows you as a car guy cuz you are willing to spend the money to make it legit, not some kid building a street racer. so i can see the point that doesnt mean i agree with it
Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Control 350z

Originally Posted by Kuruma-san
I work graveyard, so usually I would be working at this time.
where do you work graveyard at?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Kuruma-san

where do you work graveyard at?
Belier Investigations and Security

Im the only field supervisor so I get a *** load of hours, usually about 40+hours of overtime per check.
Im usually working 7pm-5am, days off vary and i rarely get a saturday off so when i do i take advantage of it.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Control 350z

well i dont blame you i work every friday and saturday so i usualy do sunday lol
Old 02-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Kuruma-san

well i dont blame you i work every friday and saturday so i usualy do sunday lol
Most of the runs I schedule are during the week too. Im getting a lot of responses from other boards for my run this saturday so I think there will be good turnout and a variety of different generation Zs.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Control 350z

i wish i could go it was just to short of notice
i can do weeknights also
but if you guys want to go to dennys on sunrise after ill meet you when i get off
Old 02-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Kuruma-san

i wish i could go it was just to short of notice
i can do weeknights also
but if you guys want to go to dennys on sunrise after ill meet you when i get off
That possible, i would down for that.
Oh I just posted a thread on the ZONC north meets south meet, you see it yet? It looks like it would be bad ***, especially with a caravan on those beautiful costal highways...
Old 02-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Control 350z

no but ill look at it right now
what part of sac do you live in?

Quick Reply: Sacramento spotted thread