Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

EastBay Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Future Z owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The one in fremont on 4/19
Old 04-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Future Z owner

Is anyone down in the east bay for some night runs aka touge on some dope roads
Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Future Z owner
You haven't been reading the Divine Z thread have you...
Old 04-08-2009, 11:17 AM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, Jesse...

Calaveras is still a good road to run late at night.

The good:
1. NO other drivers, except other people doing the same thing occassionally (and everyone slows to yield for opposing traffic).
2. NO police.

The bad:
1. Deer
2. Cows
3. Occassional rock slides
4. Black Ice (when ambient air temp is around 40* or less)... at least the Z warns you when the road is icy though

Really the good outweighs the bad though :P
Old 04-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I got some gravel from a rock slide on Calaveras Saturday night. I scuffed up my wheels and got rocks between my rim and tire.

So what exactly is "touge"? Urban Dictionary doesn't even have the meaning.... I think I am misunderstanding what it really means to touge.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Future Z owner

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
I got some gravel from a rock slide on Calaveras Saturday night. I scuffed up my wheels and got rocks between my rim and tire.

So what exactly is "touge"? Urban Dictionary doesn't even have the meaning.... I think I am misunderstanding what it really means to touge.
the funny part about this is after i posted that i randomly found the divineZ thread and read the entire thing i was like WTF and you and gixxer girl lol yah touge is a term used for mountain sessions like hitting some twisties during the night or day but like I have always used it because my homies got me into just saying it and thats what I know it as and those JDM videos use the term a lot with Kechii racing against Manibu Orido. But I am not into raging like crossing the double line I usually just cruise at higher speeds then the posted signs suggest and I really dont look for racing either I just drive to enjoy the scene and the road and having fun with my car.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:46 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness

Yea, mountain roads will damage your car. Expect your rims to take damage from pebbles, road tar and assorted obstacles. You've seen my car. It's not the prettiest sight (even though I <3 it).

Like Future Z Owner, I really picked up the term from other people. Previously I would just say "Let's go drive the canyon/mountain."

Touge is basically where 2 cars (a lead and follow car) drive as fast as possible through a mountain road. If the follow car catches or keeps up with the lead car, they win. If the lead car pulls away, or isn't caught by the follow car, they win. More than 2 cars can participate. Often one car will run it solo 4 fun/practice/time-attack... I'm not sure if it's technically considered touge with 1 car, but in my books it is.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Future Z owner

Originally Posted by mcarther101
Yea, mountain roads will damage your car. Expect your rims to take damage from pebbles, road tar and assorted obstacles. You've seen my car. It's not the prettiest sight (even though I <3 it).

Like Future Z Owner, I really picked up the term from other people. Previously I would just say "Let's go drive the canyon/mountain."

Touge is basically where 2 cars (a lead and follow car) drive as fast as possible through a mountain road. If the follow car catches or keeps up with the lead car, they win. If the lead car pulls away, or isn't caught by the follow car, they win. More than 2 cars can participate. Often one car will run it solo 4 fun/practice/time-attack... I'm not sure if it's technically considered touge with 1 car, but in my books it is.
I agree and I have been in a few touge battles on fish ranch road and **** has gotten crazy I was in a evo chasing down a M3 and I hit a corner too fast and the back slipped out and I drifted the corner like crazy and ever since then I have chilled out I don't need to smash my Z for anything I love my Z waaaaay more than any other car
Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 PM
anotheraznguy

oh boy! wreckless driving posts are never good...
Old 04-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Future Z owner

Originally Posted by anotheraznguy
oh boy! wreckless driving posts are never good...
Yah I am trying promote chill cruising no touge battles anymore for me unless closed road events that would be so much fun but I doubt that would ever happen
Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 PM
limeg35

lets get this thing crackin next meet its gotta happen soon and yah there is this group of G35s that meet up down the street from my house and work on each others cars its dope but like they seem hella exclusive and i was gonna roll up with the Z but i was like i better not i better stick to my own kind
What city is that?
Old 04-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Future Z owner

Oakley in the vintage area
Old 04-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Project DSR

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OpyFRAecc3Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OpyFRAecc3Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Touge Battle

MCR GTR FTW!
Old 04-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Future Z owner

^^^Its a beast
Old 04-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Future Z owner

So I talked to the G35 guys and one of them are named chris and he is apart of the G35 driver forum and they seemed hella cool and he invited me to stop by some time and chill I was shocked they are nice and chill
Old 04-11-2009, 12:02 PM
limeg35

I would watch my **** when you going over there if I were you, they like to do some gayarse chit to eachother. As matter of fact? they are doing it right now as I type this...

They have to be nice and chill, they are the ones who set up about 3/4 of NorCal G events.

Typical day at our DIY days, one guy working while 6 other guys standing around watch him work...

Last edited by limeg35; 04-11-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Future Z owner

Lol hahahahahhaa alright bro
Old 04-12-2009, 09:03 PM
sid67jp

Dinner @ Emeryville Market right after SYTFU event.

Last edited by sid67jp; 04-12-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Project DSR

ah gee thanks for the heads up impromptu dinner ED.....
Old 04-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Future Z owner

Originally Posted by limeg35
I would watch my **** when you going over there if I were you, they like to do some gayarse chit to eachother. As matter of fact? they are doing it right now as I type this...

They have to be nice and chill, they are the ones who set up about 3/4 of NorCal G events.

Typical day at our DIY days, one guy working while 6 other guys standing around watch him work...

Wtf those are the ppl down the street from my house lol damn hit me up before you guys meet and I will walk around the corner literally

Quick Reply: EastBay Meet