Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Z-Car Garage for installs

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Derek07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z-Car Garage for installs

Hey guys, just a quick note regarding a top notch installer in N CA.

Z-Car Garage in San Jose. Their shop is like a candy store for performance projects, all makes of Z's, even the new GT-R. Several lifts, dyno, etc. (I had them install a new FD this time).

I traveled from the Sacramento area to have them work on my 350Z.....and that is where I will return for the next round of mods. Great crew of guys in there....do yourself a favor and check them out for anything you want done to your Z.

Derek
Old 01-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Derek07
Hey guys, just a quick note regarding a top notch installer in N CA.

Z-Car Garage in San Jose. Their shop is like a candy store for performance projects, all makes of Z's, even the new GT-R. Several lifts, dyno, etc. (I had them install a new FD this time).

I traveled from the Sacramento area to have them work on my 350Z.....and that is where I will return for the next round of mods. Great crew of guys in there....do yourself a favor and check them out for anything you want done to your Z.

Derek
+1000000. Z car garage is definitely the place to go for your Z needs. From tuneups to performance mods, they have you covered. Trust me on this, they are professional on Z's. Oh, don't mind Rob singing in his shop while your getting your Z tuned............ When you go see Rob, just tell him that Vince sent you. Rob will take care of you guys.........
Old 01-14-2009, 06:20 PM
forced_04

Old 01-14-2009, 07:15 PM
DerekW

Z-Car Garage = top shop

Great service and workmanship, and most importantly, they deliver on time
Old 01-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

I really wish they would host a Dyno Day... Its always good to talk performance with exhaust in the air and HP/TQ numbers being thrown around.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:13 AM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
I really wish they would host a Dyno Day... Its always good to talk performance with exhaust in the air and HP/TQ numbers being thrown around.
+1 on a dyno day. Maybe we should get a list going to submit to them for drivers interested in a dyno day or something. If we got 20 members to bring $20 each... they'd get $400 out of it. Free would be best, but a compromise of cheap prices for a dyno run would be great too.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:29 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

$20 is beyond cheap for a dyno run, and honestly, Z-Car Garage is so booked, they don't really need to do that to pull in business. A more realistic dyno day would cost $80-$100 per car, and would still be a discount. Oh, and Z-Car Garage would probably still be losing money on it, based on the time it takes to set up a car on the dyno, safely, run the dyno for three pulls, and remove the car safely.

But in response to the original post, yes, Z-Car Garage is great.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:51 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They had one in March of 08', organized through ZoNC. It was a great turnout, and Rob has talked about hosting another one. They also had the mini dynoday when the 370Zs were there.

Here are some vids from the 3/08 day:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4otAMXjWZCk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4otAMXjWZCk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BqWUcdoDMgA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BqWUcdoDMgA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Sw9fbSoVmY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Sw9fbSoVmY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mWR8iOZVgLg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mWR8iOZVgLg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H0lyDdyxY1U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H0lyDdyxY1U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnTPVWKqNpA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnTPVWKqNpA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KlKh8JrLB68&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KlKh8JrLB68&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 01-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Yeah, back in march I was a hardcore noob (only days in on the forum). When the 370Z came to town I couldn't make it and I kicked myself in the @ss for missing it. I did make it to Dave & Busters in Milpitas the Tuesday after and chatted with Rob and a few other members that went to check out the 370Z. I talked to Rob that night about getting my Dynos in order from stock to modded and need to get my pulls done now that I put the stock exhaust back on.

I just like Dyno days cause people with modded cars show up and I like to peep under the hoods + I like to hear Rob talk, he is a very knowledgeable guy
Old 01-15-2009, 09:03 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

I just like Dyno days cause people with modded cars show up and I like to peep under the hoods + I like to hear Rob talk, he is a very knowledgeable guy
That he is! He has had the engine to my 300ZX (last two vids) out more than once!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:45 PM
forced_04

Last edited by forced_04; 04-14-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: damn it rob!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

^^^ Is this a complaint or a praise

Its a little confusing especially with the "PM me for*'s" at the end.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:20 PM
forced_04

dont get me wrong Rob and his team know their ****. and rob really does love nissans more than most ppl can even fathom. He took his love of cars and focused it one one make. His sectretary is REEELLLy nice to everyone that calls. thats why I keep goin back even hoping that i have just had some questionable experiences with em so far.

Plus there is the other fact that they are the only choice for shops up here. I looked around trust me.... everyone will work on 350's but none of them are very comfortable

Last edited by forced_04; 04-14-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:47 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

I can't even begin to list all the stuff I've had done to my carS. They are a busy shop - Rob can't watch all of it, so mistakes are bound to happen. It's happened to me a few times, too - but Rob always makes good on it, and the successes outweigh the issues 10-fold. I am not always good at my job, but can only hope my successes outweigh my mistakes as well.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:32 PM
oneqkz

i cant wait to get the Z tune there
Old 01-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Derek07

I bet with enough interested people they would schedule in a dyno day again. Its as good for them as it is for us. Hell, make it a huge BBQ day as well
Old 01-16-2009, 09:57 PM
hiz-n-herz

Tiffini's 06 rev-up 6mt:
I had already installed the MREV2 Lower collector and 5/16ths spacer and TB Coolant bypass from motordyne.

Z-car garage installed Bassani Exhaust, Unichip and Dyno-tune. She's sitting at 254WHP, 250 WTQ.

Her car runs really, really well. Very smooth and strong and throttle response is immediate. Zero issues.

My 07 6MT:
Z car Garage installed my Bassani exhaust, Injen CAIs, and Stillen HFCs. With that combo, I was pushing 296 WHP and 260 WTQ with that setup. But it had some rasp that I did not like so Rob custom tweaked the exhaust a bit to get rid of the rasp - it cost a coupld HP, but it sounds incredible. He's been doing R&D on my car and if going to make his own design HFC that will give us all of the power possible with no raspy side-effects. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Car is awesome! First gear is about useless at WOT.

The car can't hold traction in 1st 8 times out of 10. Even with sticky 275's in back. Shift into 2nd at WOT and the whole rear end of the car breaks loose in a bad way (fishtailing) if you're not careful. I broke rear wheel traction shifting from the top of 2nd into third recently - with a passenger, but on a very slight sweeping corner on the highway (Top of 2nd in an HR is 74 MPH). Can't wait to have them tune my car. We should be seeing between 300-310 WHP with a tune.

Rob and crew have a ton of practical experience with our cars. Something that other shops just don't have.

Awesome shop. We trust them with our cars unconditionally. The guys are all very cool too - laid back, no egos, just good times, bad jokes, and fast cars. What else could you want?
Old 01-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
Tiffini's 06 rev-up 6mt:
I had already installed the MREV2 Lower collector and 5/16ths spacer and TB Coolant bypass from motordyne.

Z-car garage installed Bassani Exhaust, Unichip and Dyno-tune. She's sitting at 254WHP, 250 WTQ.

Her car runs really, really well. Very smooth and strong and throttle response is immediate. Zero issues.

My 07 6MT:
Z car Garage installed my Bassani exhaust, Injen CAIs, and Stillen HFCs. With that combo, I was pushing 296 WHP and 260 WTQ with that setup. But it had some rasp that I did not like so Rob custom tweaked the exhaust a bit to get rid of the rasp - it cost a coupld HP, but it sounds incredible. He's been doing R&D on my car and if going to make his own design HFC that will give us all of the power possible with no raspy side-effects. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Car is awesome! First gear is about useless at WOT.

The car can't hold traction in 1st 8 times out of 10. Even with sticky 275's in back. Shift into 2nd at WOT and the whole rear end of the car breaks loose in a bad way (fishtailing) if you're not careful. I broke rear wheel traction shifting from the top of 2nd into third recently - with a passenger, but on a very slight sweeping corner on the highway (Top of 2nd in an HR is 74 MPH). Can't wait to have them tune my car. We should be seeing between 300-310 WHP with a tune.

Rob and crew have a ton of practical experience with our cars. Something that other shops just don't have.

Awesome shop. We trust them with our cars unconditionally. The guys are all very cool too - laid back, no egos, just good times, bad jokes, and fast cars. What else could you want?
Very well put Bill, and couldn't have said it better myself. I can't stress enough that Rob and his team are great. This is to anyone who hasn't heard of Zcargarag; they are without a doubt, the best Z tuning shop in the Bay Area.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:36 PM
alving

+1 For ZCG crew.
They are the only ones that touch my Z or roadster.

I'm not a super Z33 modder, but I've had the following done at ZCG:
-Pre-purchase inspection
-Nismo exhaust installed
-Eibach springs installed
-Volk wheels/tires installed
-JWT intake installed
-Several dyno runs
-Multiple track day inspections
-Multiple brake fluid changes
-Multiple oil changes

I feel lucky to have such a great shop close by, and even better folks that share the same love of Z's and driving.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:47 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 350Z + Rob = Nice!!!
JWT Cams
Vortech Supercharger
JWT Heavy Duty Clutch
JWT Lightweight Flywheel
NISMO Low Temp thermostat
ZCargarage Oilcooler
I had my headers and catback exhaust already when I took it to him.
Dyno at shop, and it was 400hp He has the info there, as I have the dyno, but I have not ever been able to put anything on here, even when I wanted to put pics of my car.
Runs smooth, no problems, and does get up and go. Actually he took me for a little show me drive when I came to pick it up, and I'll admit, he took me by surprise. Took my wife on a little run and got to do the same to her. heh heh heh
Have a little over 800 miles on it now, and runs like a hot knife through soft butter.
What can I say, but if you want it done right, his shop's the place to do it.
Not to mention he gave me a time frame and beat it by a full week, and I had told him no hurry, I'll wait as long as it takes. Boy was I surprised and excited when it was done.
That is the shop I would and have recommended to several already. And my friends that have gone there were impressed. Visit his shop and you will be back.

Last edited by WSchli1672; 01-22-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Z-Car Garage for installs