Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

WHAT I DID IN MY CAR (No, not that...)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:52 AM
chimera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT I DID IN MY CAR (No, not that...)

Reading the Z sightings thread gave me an idea. we always write about what we see and who we saw, but i always wonder what those people were doing and where they're going. so i'm starting this thread. instead of just identifying the car and what it looks like and not even knowing the drivers sometimes, i thought we'd take a closer look at the fun or interesting things people do with their cars.

the guerilla marketing people at nissan would love to know what we do in our cars and may get a better sense of how best to design the next car from the things we post. they've done that already with these forums and research groups (i'm sure) but let's give them what they want. tell them what we want or what we do, directly. if they see enough commonalities with other points of research we may very well influence the next nissan or infiniti.

or just post what you were doing in your car today, yesterday, last week, last month, whatever. it might be interesting for those who share and those who read this stuff.

for example, last week on a goofball whim i decided to drive to berkeley to visit "urban ore." it was something my friend recommended. the place has interesting stuff. i had mapped the route on my iphone beforehand only to lose my way on 880 when it split into berkeley or the bay bridge. i didn't have cash on me. the bay bridge toll guy wasn't happy. but he was nice enough to say "keep going." i ended up in sf and was stuck in traffic on market st for nearly an hour because there was an accident. unbelievable. total waste of day but a great long drive in my favorite car.

that's what i did in my car last weekend. what were you doing when the other guy on Z Sightings spotted you the other day?
Old 11-21-2009, 12:08 PM
datsunHEAD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for me......nothing cuz im never spotted lol
Old 11-21-2009, 05:02 PM
chimera

ah hah.

i guess no one else wants to share.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:27 PM
johnha209

i was sleeping in my Z during my lunch break =).. needs more room to lean back..
Old 12-03-2009, 11:47 PM
chimera

couldn't agree more. i tried to sleep like that too and definitely needs more room.

while we're on that, it also needs more storage pockets or something inside. remember that first aid kit bulge on the 1st Exterra? i'd something like that in the trunk but without the bulge. you can only store so much without passerbys seeing what you have. i got laptops, shoes, a basketball, sweatshirt, jacket. room for goodies when i stop by the mall. it's a small car for daily driving but we need more storage than for a cup of coffee it seems.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:54 PM
chimera

by the way, my story about passing the bay bridge without paying...hot dang!...it turns out the toll taker wasn't nice after all.

i saw him press a button i thought to count my car as an exception. instead i got a letter in the mail yesterday, he took a picture of my plate!!!!! It said my pass was a violation and I was fined $4 for the toll and $25 for "evading toll" at such and such time and date.

crazy. i thought he did me a favor when he said "keep going". never know with people these days.

lesson: carry some cash in the car no matter where you're going. i'm into plastic, i thought they'd have visa slots by now at these tolls. meh.

Last edited by chimera; 12-03-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:34 AM
agni

when i'm taking a nap in the car i find it helps to remove the headrest..this helps support my neck better and yeah i always sleep in the passenger side...more legroom