Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Brunch Run May 22 - Winters, Lake Berryessa and Napa

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:34 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a chance of rain. Is this a rain or shine event?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:44 AM
ZeeForce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rain or Shine we will still ROLL

I checked our local weather KCRA weather and the Weather Channel and both said 65-69 partly cloudy. I even plugged in on the weather channel for Napa and it also said 65 partly cloudy.

These weather guys lately are good for predicting maybe 7 hours out. And if it does rain, it will prolly be like the rain we got Monday which was a little spit.

Edit: I just checked sfgate.com and they have predicted at this time a chance of rain in Napa. It's just a prediction and things change as we get closer to the date. Either way...

We are on Rain or Shine!

Last edited by ZeeForce; 05-19-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Blood Stone

Ok, count me as officially in. I hope it doesn't rain that day since I'm looking forward to the drive. Is anyone caravan-ing it up there or want to ? I'm coming from Pleasant Hill. I can meet up along the way there as well. Anyhow, let me know if anyone wants to meet up.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:33 PM
ZeeForce

Updated the list with your status. I can check with the guys on the other forum that might be meeting in Fairfield and pass along any caravan info.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:04 PM
ZeeForce

I posted this on the other forums. You may want to check them out. 300ZX, the370.com, G35driver. If you do not an account then I can pass the info along.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Hey guys, I'm vacationing in Napa this week, and am staying in Oakville (just north of Yountville). Too bad I don't have my Z with me, it would have been great to go on a Z cruise while I'm out here.

I drove to SF today to do some sightseeing, and my GPS brought me back on some crazy road starting in Sonoma Valley off of Rt 12 called Trinity Rd. It then turns into Dry Creek Rd. and finally ends at Rt 29 as Oakville Grade Rd. What a crazy twisy road that was!!! Has anyone ever come across it with their Z? I was over heating the brakes on my Mazda 3 rental, the fade was so bad at the end I could barely get it to stop!!!

What a fun ride that was... Hope you guys have a great run tomorrow, weather looks great!!
Old 05-21-2010, 01:03 AM
Max-G

Originally Posted by quidproquo
Hey guys, I'm vacationing in Napa this week, and am staying in Oakville (just north of Yountville). Too bad I don't have my Z with me, it would have been great to go on a Z cruise while I'm out here.

I drove to SF today to do some sightseeing, and my GPS brought me back on some crazy road starting in Sonoma Valley off of Rt 12 called Trinity Rd. It then turns into Dry Creek Rd. and finally ends at Rt 29 as Oakville Grade Rd. What a crazy twisy road that was!!! Has anyone ever come across it with their Z? I was over heating the brakes on my Mazda 3 rental, the fade was so bad at the end I could barely get it to stop!!!

What a fun ride that was... Hope you guys have a great run tomorrow, weather looks great!!
trinity is only good in a car with stock suspension. anything lowered more than two inches scrapes like crazy. i popped my 240's oil pan on that road and ripped one of my z's mud flaps off. dry creek is alright though. very little traffic, however deer do like to pop out of nowhere.

i unfortunately won't be able to make it delivery of my tires was delayed till saturday or monday
Old 05-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Blood Stone

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Updated the list with your status. I can check with the guys on the other forum that might be meeting in Fairfield and pass along any caravan info.
I posted this on the other forums. You may want to check them out. 300ZX, the370.com, G35driver. If you do not an account then I can pass the info along.
Unfortunately, I don't have an acct on the other forums/site so if you could pass along any info. that would be great. I'll be checking this site throughout the day and tomorrow morning so I'll try to keep updated if you have anything new. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:16 AM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by quidproquo

Hey welcome to sunny Cali, you should take the rent-ee and join us. We have some non Z's onboard already. I think I took that crazy road once on my motorcycle....crazy. Our last leg of the run will be comparable.

Let me know if interested and I could prolly hook you up with a caravan going out of Fairfield to the Winters.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:19 AM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by Max-G
trinity is only good in a car with stock suspension. anything lowered more than two inches scrapes like crazy. i popped my 240's oil pan on that road and ripped one of my z's mud flaps off. dry creek is alright though. very little traffic, however deer do like to pop out of nowhere.

i unfortunately won't be able to make it delivery of my tires was delayed till saturday or monday
Damn UPS delivery guys...sry you wont be able to make it.

I will remember not to take my Z on that road.

There is the June 26 Feather River Run, and I am in the planning stages of another similiar run to this one on July 11. Thread/Flyer will go up next week.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 AM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by Blood Stone
Unfortunately, I don't have an acct on the other forums/site so if you could pass along any info. that would be great. I'll be checking this site throughout the day and tomorrow morning so I'll try to keep updated if you have anything new. Thanks!
You got it bro...I am off work today, but will be cleaning both Z's. So will be checking forums when I can break away from the carz. I know 4sure you can hook up in Faifield, just trying to get you hooked up with some peeps farther south of Fairfield.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:30 AM
ZeeForce

Post #1 updated with important info.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:55 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Hey welcome to sunny Cali, you should take the rent-ee and join us. We have some non Z's onboard already. I think I took that crazy road once on my motorcycle....crazy. Our last leg of the run will be comparable.

Let me know if interested and I could prolly hook you up with a caravan going out of Fairfield to the Winters.
Thanks for the invite ZeeForce, but unfortunately I've got the whole day already booked with winery tours. I had no idea this meet/cruise was going on until after i arrived.

Have a good ride, and know that I'll be very envious as I get blottoed at Del Dotto!!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:00 PM
ZeeForce

Hey maybe next time your out this way, check for some runs or GTG. Enjoy the wine tours. Check back for pix and video.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:01 PM
ZeeForce

Hey Blood Stone, got a member on another forum that will meet up with you. Sent you a pm.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:07 PM
StillAlive2029

I will be there with my Z! Sorry for the late RSVP, just found out about it, been failing at keeping up here while making my move across the country. I'm real excited to see more of California
Old 05-21-2010, 10:55 PM
ZeeForce

Better late than never, welcome to Cali. This run will give you a good taste of NorCal back roads.

See ya there in a few hours!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:15 PM
ZeeForce

This is a Rain or Shine Run
Old 05-22-2010, 06:29 AM
ZeeForce

Fairfield Meetup Info

z styln has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Brunch Run May 22: Winters, Lake Berryessa and Napa - in the All Datsun/Nissan Sacramento/Yolo/Solano Z's forum of 300zxClub.com (Nissan 300ZX Forums).

This thread is located at:
http://www.300zxClub.com/showthread....9&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Fairfield Caravan will meet at Fairfield Infiniti (Auto Mall) @9:00 will leave at approximately 9:15ish!
Old 05-22-2010, 05:37 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Holy crap... Imagine my surprise when I saw you guys driving through Oakville on Silverado Trail. There must have been over 30 of you in total!!! Being led by a smart car???

I would have stopped to get some pictures of you, but I was late for a Mondavi Vineyard tour. It was nice to see at least 3 generations of Zs cruising together. It's very had to get that kind of turnout in the East. For some reason the generations to play well together.

Hope everyone made it to SF safe and sound!!

Quick Reply: Brunch Run May 22 - Winters, Lake Berryessa and Napa