Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Monterey Mini Meets

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:01 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

March 1st is Big Sur Run here here. Meet at 9:15am at Denny's Restaurant at the corner of North Main and Boronday in the parking lot. Will leave there at 9:30am to head out and meet the other groups.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:34 PM
WSchli1672

Hey Quinn want to ride on April 5th to the Z Party at ZCargarage? All day event.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:57 PM
datsunHEAD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that might work,gives me enough time to request it off : )
Old 04-08-2014, 05:53 PM
WSchli1672

Missed a good one. Last Saturday was great. Dyno on 3 skylines, Japanese right handed cars. Lots of cars, people, food, raffle, a Mazda Raceway Track Simulator to text your skills on. A lot of fun.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:18 PM
WSchli1672

Great day at Laguna SECA today. Great races and excellent day.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:05 PM
WSchli1672

Bump...... Whole page is dead.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:56 PM
WSchli1672

If anybody is interested, going to do a trip to Hearst Castle on Feb 14th stay overnight and return on the 15th. A few of us going, so I figure if anybody else wants to go we can make it an event.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:36 PM
WSchli1672

Noticed a good number of Z's in Salinas, wonder if anybody on here in the area.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:28 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts
Default SCCA at Mazda LSR 7/24

On the topic of Monterey/Salinas.... any racers here attending SCCA Double Regionals Friday 7/24-Sunday 7/26?

I'm single this week with wife at "home" in Hawaii and I'm heading to scope out the event and meet up with some friends (non-Nissan racers). This, as a possible pre-cursor to fielding a car in '16 - which would be over 30 years since I last ran there, before they added the infield section.

Would love to meet any Nissan racers, particularly T3.

Drop me a PM if you'll be around. I'll buy a round or three if you're NOT racing.

Cheers,

Mic
Old 07-26-2015, 06:42 PM
WSchli1672

Used to be pretty busy, but now not so. Many departed or sold and moved on. See a lot of Z's around, but not active on here like the past. I meet with friends mainly in San Jose now, but still troll looking. Have friends there in "ZONC" Group I have been with almost as long as on MY350Z Forum. Used to do the Monterey/Pebble Beach Annual Run for multiple years with up to 100+ cars on the cruise, but it died out too as drivers just disappeared. Currently Monterey/Santa Cruz Representative for "ZONC" (Z/G Owners of Northern CA.) for a number of years also and still pretty good. Have cruises, track events, BBQ's, Annual Car Show in Brisbane for all model Z/G/GTR's, roadsters, 300ZX's, etc. with trophies, and a chance for many to meet together at one time. Good sponsors such as ZCargarge, which builds engines, etc. and does run track cars. Warren
Old 07-27-2015, 04:21 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by WSchli1672
Used to be pretty busy, but now not so. Many departed or sold and moved on. See a lot of Z's around, but not active on here like the past. I meet with friends mainly in San Jose now, but still troll looking. Have friends there in "ZONC" Group I have been with almost as long as on MY350Z Forum. Used to do the Monterey/Pebble Beach Annual Run for multiple years with up to 100+ cars on the cruise, but it died out too as drivers just disappeared. Currently Monterey/Santa Cruz Representative for "ZONC" (Z/G Owners of Northern CA.) for a number of years also and still pretty good. Have cruises, track events, BBQ's, Annual Car Show in Brisbane for all model Z/G/GTR's, roadsters, 300ZX's, etc. with trophies, and a chance for many to meet together at one time. Good sponsors such as ZCargarge, which builds engines, etc. and does run track cars. Warren
Warren, was a member of ZONC in the '70s. Heh heh..... Yep, remember the Z-Corrals at Sears on the hill by Turn 7 and at LSIR. 50+ cars strong wasn't unusual. Now...hmmmm.

I just spent the weekend at Mazda/LSIR for SCCA. Not a SINGLE Z33 in the T3 or GT field. Mine was the ONLY Z33 in the paddock!! Great weekend of racing though.... particularly if you're into M-cars.... Miatas and Mustangs. Hahahahaha!

Rob and his crew at ZCG do most of my heavy lifting nowadays. I still wrench on my cars to get a better understanding of them but for the most part, just farm it out to Rob and Josh. Example, did suspension on my '03. When it came time to swap out the shocks a second time and add the alignment bits.... "Hello, Rob, Mic here, when can you squeeze me in?" hahahahahaha..... old.

Will be attending Brisbane just to check it out, shoot the sh*t. Never been. Meet you then, if you're going.

Cheers,

Mic

Last edited by MicVelo; 07-27-2015 at 04:26 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:11 PM
WSchli1672

See you there - Mic. Rob and Josh have had my car from day one as to the s/c and all extras. I let him handle it and I just touch the peddle and enjoy. He can tell you about the annual runs I did. Would fill up the whole dealership in Salinas and he would be there. 70's was in a z group in Okinawa, Japan, then a club in North Carolina, when I was in Jacksonville. The was the 260Z in Japan, and the 280Z in J'ville, N.C. (Which city you in now? I'm in Salinas).

Last edited by WSchli1672; 07-27-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:33 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

See you there - Mic. Rob and Josh have had my car from day one as to the s/c and all extras. I let him handle it and I just touch the peddle and enjoy. He can tell you about the annual runs I did. Would fill up the whole dealership in Salinas and he would be there. 70's was in a z group in Okinawa, Japan, then a club in North Carolina, when I was in Jacksonville. The was the 260Z in Japan, and the 280Z in J'ville, N.C. (Which city you in now? I'm in Salinas).
Hop skip and a jump up to San Jose.

Hope yer not the guy selling the brake pads I was supposed to pick up from Salinas on my way in/out of Monterey! Hahahaha. We connected then we didn't, so I assume he sold them.

Okinawa, eh? I bought Fairlady Z some years ago from a guy who was stationed in Okinawa and had it shipped here. It was unique in that it was RHD here in CA but it sat for a couple of years then I just sold it to a friend. That as about three years ago. Still not on the road. Heh heh....
Old 07-29-2015, 08:30 AM
mdd

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Hop skip and a jump up to San Jose.

Hope yer not the guy selling the brake pads I was supposed to pick up from Salinas on my way in/out of Monterey! Hahahaha. We connected then we didn't, so I assume he sold them.

Okinawa, eh? I bought Fairlady Z some years ago from a guy who was stationed in Okinawa and had it shipped here. It was unique in that it was RHD here in CA but it sat for a couple of years then I just sold it to a friend. That as about three years ago. Still not on the road. Heh heh....
wouldnt happen to be a blue rhd 240z would it?

Seen that car. Always jealous of that car when I see it. Pretty rust free as well
Old 07-29-2015, 04:02 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by mdd
wouldnt happen to be a blue rhd 240z would it?

Seen that car. Always jealous of that car when I see it. Pretty rust free as well
Nope, original mustard yellow (Gulden's). Car is destined to never run I fear. But the guy I sold it to has done some interesting things with Nissans.... he did the full RB-26 swap into his S14. Sweet car that one.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:26 PM
WSchli1672

Brake Pads - nah, not me. I only have the the ones on the car (brembo), and I think I will need though on there. lol. I had a Skyline in Okinawa, and it was fun back then, before I bought the 260Z from an Air Force guy. Got a heck of a deal as he and his wife were getting a divorce and just wanted it gone so she wouldn't get it. And I just happened along and took it home to help him out.... and me.. Sold the 260Z when I left Okinawa - a highly wanted item there (American Z's).
Old 07-30-2015, 01:18 PM
mdd

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Nope, original mustard yellow (Gulden's). Car is destined to never run I fear. But the guy I sold it to has done some interesting things with Nissans.... he did the full RB-26 swap into his S14. Sweet car that one.
sounds like hope. rb26 and sr20 swaps are common place on 240/260/280z
Old 09-28-2015, 08:20 PM
datsunHEAD

Brake Pads - nah, not me. I only have the the ones on the car (brembo), and I think I will need though on there. lol. I had a Skyline in Okinawa, and it was fun back then, before I bought the 260Z from an Air Force guy. Got a heck of a deal as he and his wife were getting a divorce and just wanted it gone so she wouldn't get it. And I just happened along and took it home to help him out.... and me.. Sold the 260Z when I left Okinawa - a highly wanted item there (American Z's).
Well well well ,sir Warren how are you and that family?how's the two Z's doing? (350z and Zachary?)long time no talk. I lurk around here every once in a while and see the normal section is still dead lol. Guess it's time to make a Facebook seems like there is more activity on FB geoups. Still looking for another nissan either brickyard 350, 280zx turbo or 300zx TT.

Micvelo you wouldn't happen to have a silver z with a big wing would you?my son and I hit laguna seca at least 3 times a week to see who's on the track and I see a silver z,and white z quite often?
Old 09-29-2015, 10:29 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by datsunHEAD

Micvelo you wouldn't happen to have a silver z with a big wing would you?my son and I hit laguna seca at least 3 times a week to see who's on the track and I see a silver z,and white z quite often?
Well, lessee, I have a Nismo with a wing and a Silver '03 so perhaps illegitimate offspring?

But no, don't run at Laguna. (At least not since the '80's!) Not that I don't want to (and had plans to this year) but a wedding got in the way. Laff.... But after that, thinking HPDE this year to ease back in then next year school and a return to club racing.

Most likely won't be in a Z33 though....

Yeah, the NorCal site is quiet. This is the first time I've checked it in a couple months.

Was also going to go to the ZONC Fest in Brisbane last weekend but again.... wedding planning put the skids on that.

Mic
Old 09-29-2015, 02:16 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by datsunHEAD
Well well well ,sir Warren how are you and that family?how's the two Z's doing? (350z and Zachary?)long time no talk. I lurk around here every once in a while and see the normal section is still dead lol. Guess it's time to make a Facebook seems like there is more activity on FB geoups. Still looking for another nissan either brickyard 350, 280zx turbo or 300zx TT.

The silver Z with the big wing is my small pack. The guy with that car and I do a lot of events, especially at Laguna. We just did two days at Laguna with Mazda / Trackmasters. I used to run a green Z with the same big wing, then raced that Z with NASA in their SpecZ class, but sold it and started to build a NISMO. I was in the NISMO last weekend, as well as July with SpeedSF. We are headed to Sonoma next week then Laguna again over the weekend with SpeedSF for more track days. Say hi if you're around.

Quick Reply: Monterey Mini Meets