Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Bay Area]: **Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - September 1st - 5th, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - September 1st - 5th, 2014

I am making plans to be back up in San Jose / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations again between the dates of September 1st - 5th, which is Monday - Friday.

Note: I won't be able to make another trip up to norcal for at least another 6 months after this trip, as my upcoming schedule is going to be fairly packed/busy.

Here are links to some of my vinyl wrapping tours up to norcal:
1 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...066&highlight=
2 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...389&highlight=
3 -http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...186&highlight=

Just a reminder. E-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. I may have an available time slot one minute and it may be taken the next (this has happened before), so the sooner you can figure out your availability and confirm it with me the better. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal September 2014 Trip
Type of car:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Here are links to pictures the cars that I have worked on and examples of my vinyl work, which I have separated into groups to more easily sort through and view them. My work is not limited to only what's seen/shown below, so feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps
3M Di - Noc / 1080 carbon fiber roof wraps
Blacked out chrome window trim
Smoked / tinted tail light pictures

Days that I have available at the moment (I will try to keep this as up to date as possible with how many openings I still have available):

Monday - September 1
Tuesday - September 2
Wednesday - September 3
Thursday - September 4
Friday - September 5

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

This is something different than just having the tail lights tinted/smoked. The owner of this car had me vinyl wrap an outline on the tails of his Mercedes Benz C300 sedan. I did it in gloss black. The style is based off of the Brabus style tail lights that they offer, for obviously a fraction of the price of getting the tails directly from Brabus like this. I have also done this for some other cars, but it looks best on the C class with these style tails.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Here are some pictures of a white BMW E46 M3 coupe that I wrapped the roof in gloss black during my last trip up to norcal/bay area to do wraps. The pictures aren’t the greatest, since the angle of the sun at that time wasn’t that idea for taking pictures from those angles. Either way, I think the gloss black roof gave the E46 a nice updated/newer and an OEM+ look to the car.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

It’s always cool to see a fast wagon come in to get some work done. This dark grey Mercedes Benz E63 wagon came in to have me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum around his windows, rear trunk bar, and lower side skirt chrome pieces. We went with the matte black finish, which I think suits the color of this car. Generally I like matte finishes on darker grey colored cars like these. I think it goes well with them. I also took some close up pictures of the edges, as some people had requested.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this black BMW 328 sedan had me lightly smoke and tint the tails light on his car with my vinyl film. The advantage of the vinyl film over paint is that it’s more consistent from tail to tail and also it’s reversible. The light smoke on the tails tones down the bright red color, giving the tails more of a cherry finish, which is very factory looking.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted - Passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-19-2014, 09:11 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

The owner of this white Nissan 350z brought me his car to have me vinyl wrap the roof of the car in my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to the roof, I also did his two side vertical pillars with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car was from around Long beach and drove his car out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to get the work done. The gloss black, especially on the 350zs or similar smaller two seater cars, the gloss black roof connects and continues the front and rear glass fairly nicely.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-21-2014, 08:48 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Not exactly sure the name of the color of this 370z, but the color looked silver. Either way, I vinyl wrapped the roof of this car in my gloss black material. The owner drove from Los Angeles county to me in Orange County to the roof wrapped. The curves of the roof really help make the gloss black roof pop and stand out a bit more. The owner of this car plastidip his antenna in the matte black finish. So this is good for those who wanted to get gloss black roofs and wanted to plastidip their antennas. I believe plastidip has a gloss black version out now that'd probably work better.

Some of the plastidip peeled off/up a bit when installing the vinyl. Tip of advice, plastidip the antenna after the roof is wrapped, instead of plastidipping i tbeforehand.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Gloss black roof wrap.

-Don
Old 08-28-2014, 09:12 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Here are pictures of a silver 350z that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black vinyl material. He was a local in Yorba Linda/Orange County. Even though his wheels were a matte finish, the gloss black roof still worked and looked very good on his car regardless. So these pictures will be good for those guys out there who have matte black wheels, and were deciding if they should go with a gloss or stick to a matte finish to match their wheels.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 08-28-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:48 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Vinyl wrapped the 3M di-noc carbon fiber roof and spoiler for this 350z:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Sometimes it doesn't take much to set off a car. In this case, the owner of this black Nissan 350z came by to have me vinyl wrap the two side door vertical pillars in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. In addition to those, he also had me lightly tint / smoke the front bumper ambers to tone them down, but not completely black them out. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County. Overall small / minor things done to the car, but sometimes it's those small minor details that really makes the car.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

At the moment I only have Friday morning at either 10am or 11am available left for available spots for appointments this week.

Thanks.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com