Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Norcal Newbies (Introduce yourself here)!!

Old 05-01-2017, 01:51 AM
Trowa Barton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well went from rags to riches.

So id like to tell a story. A story of a boy who F#@$ed up. This boy had a chevy colbalt ss supercharger. He loved this car more then anything or any car he had owned. He had a few cars in his life camaro 96, civic95, mustang gt 99. Camaro 79, an accord 95 then he finally had enough money after driving a piece of ish accord he bought his colbalt supercharger manual tranny. He loved it treasured it tuned it. For 6 years. Then tragedy struck. He lost his job, his wife had cheated on him, he was living with his parents for the first time in 7 years. He had his first job interview in 2 months. He was ready. Dressed nice prepared and running on time this boy and was about to jump in his colbalt when he noticed a flat front tire. He looked a nail had puntured it and was a slow leak. Filled with air said "ill get a new set tommorow." For that boys colbalt , tommorow would never come. As the boy was driving to his interview going less then 45 in a 35 took a torn and hit a deep pot hole in the ground around a blind corner. The tire that had the nail went into the hole and popped the tire. The boy lost control on a one lane rode turning sideway multiple times trying to regain control. He hit a tree. Total his beloved treasure beyond repair. He got his insurance money and went searching for his new stallion. He looked at many cars including trying to find a nother colbalt ss. He found 350z. He started reasearching it looking took2 weeks of everyday driving looking at Z. He found one he like. Milage was good. 68,000 miles on odometer. He looked at it drove it had no problems at the time. Said woman driven clean title. And paid 7500 for the car. He took to his mechanic who car faxed it. Saod vin number matches but odometer is off 114k miles. 6 owners. And needed work on a control arm part with ball bearings(cant remebr name) he was upset at the milage. Filled police report but couldnt do anything even tho pinkslip had been tampored with. He drove the car knowing not to push it. A few months later... the time belt broke destroyed the engion on an everyday drive. He was devestated. He had lost a car lost all the money in the world. Then the Google advetisted truecar ad of a 2004 350z enthusist shiftautomatic. with 28000miles for 13k. He is now driving it and he loves it is his saphire bullet. However it felt of to him almost like the colbalt ran much faster and smoother. He still cant take lake hermanroad at a consistant 75 let alone the 90+ mph that the colbalt can.

I am that boy. My 350z is stock. Now ill ask in another thread but i like shiftable autmatic. What would be yhe main apeed and disadvatages of hift auto vs manual.? How is drifting diferent in a shiftable automatic?
Old 05-17-2017, 10:06 AM
magenta_heartz

Hi, I live in the east Bay Area and work in SF. I bought my 03 350z 6mt touring about a year and a half ago. Previously I had owned an 04 G35 6mt for about 3 or 4 years. I love the Z so far. I've been to one autocross event and had a lot of fun pushing it a little bit out in the track. Looking to meet some other Z owners and maybe even some more lady driven Zs out there. Doesn't seem to be a common thing.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:49 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by magenta_heartz
Hi, I live in the east Bay Area and work in SF. I bought my 03 350z 6mt touring about a year and a half ago. Previously I had owned an 04 G35 6mt for about 3 or 4 years. I love the Z so far. I've been to one autocross event and had a lot of fun pushing it a little bit out in the track. Looking to meet some other Z owners and maybe even some more lady driven Zs out there. Doesn't seem to be a common thing.
Welcome fellow Bay Area deniZen!

On that note, you or anyone going to Laguna Seca (Mazda Raceway) this weekend for the new "Spring Classic"? Inaugural event featuring race classes from the 60's-80's including F1, SCCA Trans-Am, IMSA.

If so, PM me, we're not going to miss this one. Oughta be interesting. We'll be in hospitality/paddock and up at T8 (the infamous Corkscrew). No Zs with us.... we're packin' a picnic!

More info: http://www.mazdaraceway.com/spring-classic
Old 05-17-2017, 11:40 AM
Grumpytechguru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

. Looking to meet some other Z owners and maybe even some more lady driven Zs out there. Doesn't seem to be a common thing.
I haven't met any ... fairladies I guess we should call them ... yet, but a cop pulled me over last week told me his wife has one of these so they do exist...

Most women I see be driving g35s
Old 05-17-2017, 11:49 AM
magenta_heartz

Originally Posted by Grumpytechguru
I haven't met any ... fairladies I guess we should call them ... yet, but a cop pulled me over last week told me his wife has one of these so they do exist...

Most women I see be driving g35s
haha yeah I used to have a g35 ironically
Old 05-17-2017, 11:53 AM
magenta_heartz

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Welcome fellow Bay Area deniZen!

On that note, you or anyone going to Laguna Seca (Mazda Raceway) this weekend for the new "Spring Classic"? Inaugural event featuring race classes from the 60's-80's including F1, SCCA Trans-Am, IMSA.

If so, PM me, we're not going to miss this one. Oughta be interesting. We'll be in hospitality/paddock and up at T8 (the infamous Corkscrew). No Zs with us.... we're packin' a picnic!

More info: http://www.mazdaraceway.com/spring-classic
thanks so much for the welcoming reply. I have heard about the event although I am not sure that I can attend this time because of work. But I do look forward to coming out for some in the future. I can always bring my diesel suburban and be really picnic packin !
Old 05-23-2017, 10:43 AM
superpilot04

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome. I also work in the city. Dolby Labs. Been looking for a few other Z's to take some drives with. Found a couple of good roads in the past 5 years.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:43 AM
magenta_heartz

Originally Posted by superpilot04
Welcome. I also work in the city. Dolby Labs. Been looking for a few other Z's to take some drives with. Found a couple of good roads in the past 5 years.
cool I've been looking for people to drive with too. Does anyone ever attend any cars and coffee events?
Old 05-23-2017, 12:09 PM
superpilot04

I've only been to one. Pretty fun.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:33 PM
Grumpytechguru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool I've been looking for people to drive with too. Does anyone ever attend any cars and coffee events?
​​​​​​not after jalopnik started tracking the accidents at them lol
The following users liked this post:
MicVelo (05-24-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 06:22 AM
superpilot04

Always the show offs that have no idea what they're actually doing.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:18 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Hahahahahaha!

So can we now infer that the machismo rate rises in direct proportion to the ingestion of caffeinated coffee?

Or are talkin' plain old stupid?