Notices
OZOC (Orlando Z Owners Club) Orlando Z Owners Club

''General Ozoc Discussion''

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 05:32 AM
projektZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats exactly why I'm now taking it to Forged. I want to see how Japtrix handles this in the end before I post anything b/c they still have my car. Sandy at Forged is so sweet, she arranged a transport to go to Japtrix and get my car. I'm going to fly to GA and meet my car up at forged.

Wish I would've known this before I went there.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:41 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What's wrong with the car Michelle, you can send me a PM if you want
Old 03-22-2009, 06:10 AM
nickZ33

ive dealt with sharif once for a customer in GA that i was dealing with, best service and honesty ive EVER had with a shop.

PS: dont take your car 2 speedzone, they f*ked chris' engine with that pulley install, and thankfully because i knew what to look for b/c of him i saved mine, but they woulda cost me my engine also.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Juno

Originally Posted by bleufiend
damn juno, what kind of luck is that, did you meet the owner?
No. I waited around for a few minutes when I got there, but he or she never came out. It was still there when I left.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Jpc0003

Default It finally happened :(

Well last night I scratched my rim I was at a drive through that I have been too many times before, but I still managed to get some curb rash . My heart sank when I heard the noise, Its one of the worst feelings I've had in a long time.

I was wondering if anyone knows a shop that will fix aftermarket rims? Any recommendations?

Here is a pic of them (older pic):
Old 03-22-2009, 02:49 PM
manny007

Originally Posted by Jpc0003
Well last night I scratched my rim I was at a drive through that I have been too many times before, but I still managed to get some curb rash . My heart sank when I heard the noise, Its one of the worst feelings I've had in a long time.

I was wondering if anyone knows a shop that will fix aftermarket rims? Any recommendations?

Here is a pic of them (older pic):
Fixing the rash is the easy part, matching the color is the hard part.
I used to fix mine all the time but I had a polished lip
Old 03-22-2009, 04:25 PM
69 fingers

Originally Posted by nickZ33
ive dealt with sharif once for a customer in GA that i was dealing with, best service and honesty ive EVER had with a shop.

PS: dont take your car 2 speedzone, they f*ked chris' engine with that pulley install, and thankfully because i knew what to look for b/c of him i saved mine, but they woulda cost me my engine also.

Hey, do you know if there is a post somewhere that goes over what the issue is that you are talking about with the Pulley install? I was thinking about doing lightweight pulleys soon, but Im super nervous about it. It seems to be one of the mods I hear some horror stories about the most frequently.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:06 PM
nosurf2day

Well the brakes are on. I had a scare today. I changed out all my studs as well. I tightened them down what I THOUGHT was all the way. I drove down the road and got on it. To my dismay, I heard clunk clunk clunk. I immediately pulled into the median. I noticed that my rear rim had metal shavings inside the lug area. The lugs had managed to loosen themselves to the point that my rim almost came off. I was only able to tighten 2 of them there enough to get me to the gas station 100 yards up the road. The other 3 were completely unbolted to the point that they were freely turning inside the hub with the nut still on them. I was freaking out. How the hell am I going to take the rim off if I cant tighten or loosen the lugs. I managed to work the studs back and forth pulling on the lug nut with the socket while trying to tighten the nut. I finally was able to tighten down all the lugs again. This time I made damn sure that I tightened them down so tight that I was putting all my weight on the pry bar. They are not comming off this time. But to be sure, I am going to bring my lug wrench with me and check them after another few miles. I dont want to be driving down the road and my rim fall off. That would be a bad day.

Oh, the calipers look HAWT!!! I painted them red with no badges. I will take pics I have to clean the baby up first. She is filthy.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:35 PM
J350z101

Originally Posted by nosurf2day
Well the brakes are on. I had a scare today. I changed out all my studs as well. I tightened them down what I THOUGHT was all the way. I drove down the road and got on it. To my dismay, I heard clunk clunk clunk. I immediately pulled into the median. I noticed that my rear rim had metal shavings inside the lug area. The lugs had managed to loosen themselves to the point that my rim almost came off. I was only able to tighten 2 of them there enough to get me to the gas station 100 yards up the road. The other 3 were completely unbolted to the point that they were freely turning inside the hub with the nut still on them. I was freaking out. How the hell am I going to take the rim off if I cant tighten or loosen the lugs. I managed to work the studs back and forth pulling on the lug nut with the socket while trying to tighten the nut. I finally was able to tighten down all the lugs again. This time I made damn sure that I tightened them down so tight that I was putting all my weight on the pry bar. They are not comming off this time. But to be sure, I am going to bring my lug wrench with me and check them after another few miles. I dont want to be driving down the road and my rim fall off. That would be a bad day.

Oh, the calipers look HAWT!!! I painted them red with no badges. I will take pics I have to clean the baby up first. She is filthy.
same thing happened to me when i first changed out my studs... live and learn ;]
Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 AM
nickZ33

Thanks for coming by to the BBQ those of you who showed up!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 01:43 PM
projektZ

The people on this forum are so ridiculous. instead of refunding my money he keeps saying "I changed my mind" so I deserve to wait. wow.

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior/41...0-shipped.html
Old 03-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Zeebra

Yea people are retarded on here.. If they arent bashing another member for an opinion they are trying to rip you off. You would think an enthusiast would try to help another enthusiast out first but its not like that.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Zeebra

So yea if you read my signature... I stopped by Deland Nissan today just to talk about the trade-in and stuff. Its Juno's and Phil's friend who sold them the GT-R. Nice guy. He ended up giving me $17,000 or my trade-in but the catch was he wanted the car the way it is... So Im sorry Michelle, Rich and Nick for not being able to get you parts off car in time.

So I now drive a Black Sport Model 370z with 22 miles on it. Its a great car. Pulls hard and handles really well.

Im going to have Quito Paint the wheels Black with some yellow somewhere and take the brakes off and paint them yellow as well. Bat who makes the overlays is gonna send me some taillight covers to black out the rears.

Its just nice to know that I start the car and I have nothing to worry about... my crank isnt gonna fly off at 80mph.

Break-in is 1200 miles and then its time to get back to Tavares Big Rich.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:54 PM
JR350z08

Originally Posted by Zeebra
So yea if you read my signature... I stopped by Deland Nissan today just to talk about the trade-in and stuff. Its Juno's and Phil's friend who sold them the GT-R. Nice guy. He ended up giving me $17,000 or my trade-in but the catch was he wanted the car the way it is... So Im sorry Michelle, Rich and Nick for not being able to get you parts off car in time.

So I now drive a Black Sport Model 370z with 22 miles on it. Its a great car. Pulls hard and handles really well.

Im going to have Quito Paint the wheels Black with some yellow somewhere and take the brakes off and paint them yellow as well. Bat who makes the overlays is gonna send me some taillight covers to black out the rears.

Its just nice to know that I start the car and I have nothing to worry about... my crank isnt gonna fly off at 80mph.

AGAIN!!! NICE!!!.... CONGRATS ON THE NEW Z.... CANT WAIT TO SEE IT BRO!.... we gonna have to go to the track!.. try to hit the 12.9 mark!
Old 03-23-2009, 04:08 PM
nickZ33

chris ill never forgive u! jk congrats on the 370z. shulda waited tho, im waiting 2 hear about the issues of the first year the car was in production lol
Old 03-23-2009, 04:08 PM
projektZ

Originally Posted by Zeebra

Dammit! Congrats though! lol
Old 03-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Juno

Congrats, Chris! Glad Rigo could help you out! Can't wait to see it!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:07 PM
rich harris

congrats bro!!!! I told you already what I'd do leave it as is and enjoy it, drive the heck out of it...
Old 03-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Zeebra

Thanx everybody! Yea its gonna be nice to be able to beat on my car again and not worry everytime I start it. Ive been readin big things with this car and autoX! But I really am sorry to the few of you I promised parts to.

See everyone at the meet with it!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:23 AM
rich harris

Originally Posted by nosurf2day

post pics I want to see how it all came togther....

Quick Reply: ''General Ozoc Discussion''