Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Anyone entering next car show?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 03:46 AM
nofeardude87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone entering next car show?

Hey I was just wondering if anyone will be entering the next car show later this year. I'm not sure which one it's going to be, but as I remember from when I was living in Hawaii there was streetcar showoff in august. I am actually from honolulu and I may bring my Z when I visit. Hopefully I will get some more work done on the car while I'm here in cali so I can enter
Old 01-21-2006, 12:15 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not I. I think its great to have folks of all mod ranges participating, however I hate paying good money to see a bunch of near stock/bolt on type cars. and unfortunately thats all I've got for now. in fact I kinda doubt I'll be going to any car shows for a while since it seems to be a lot of the same cars lately. I guess you can't ask for too much given we're so isolated, but I'm not paying $25 bucks for that.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:02 PM
punish_her

Originally Posted by showstoppertk
not I. I think its great to have folks of all mod ranges participating, however I hate paying good money to see a bunch of near stock/bolt on type cars. and unfortunately thats all I've got for now. in fact I kinda doubt I'll be going to any car shows for a while since it seems to be a lot of the same cars lately. I guess you can't ask for too much given we're so isolated, but I'm not paying $25 bucks for that.
That and when every thing is done with the car it wont be much of a sleeper when EVERY ONE knows what you got. The most I'll do in the future is getting a nose that is more open for that big *** Greddy FMIC.

I just wanna be able to roll up the line and people look and say oh just a 350z. Then sink her balz deep into the 11's or bottom out in the high to mid 10's. THen drive her home like every other car on the road.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:56 PM
nofeardude87

So do you guys think I should enter my car when I bring it down to hawaii this summer? It sounds like the car shows are not as exciting as before.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:41 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it really up to you. I wouldn't do it unless you plan on winning and to do that you'll need a lot more than you have listed in your sig. FI, body kit, etc. but if you just want to enter it to have fun then go ahead, plus sometimes the cost of entering a car show comes out to about the same as just buying a ticket to go to the show so why the hell not. but if you want to see a good show you'll find better ones up there. especially in cali. you should take a drive to the performance nissan meet in feb. that'll def be worth it. hell if they had a bridge from hawaii to la with no speed limit, I'd drive there.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:59 AM
nofeardude87

I'm not really looking to win but I just want to enter for fun. I know I'm still gonna have to get some more work done on the car but yeah hopefully everything works out. There is HIN in San Jose coming up pretty soon. I've been to HIN in other parts of cali and there are ALOT more cars. Every 350z I saw had atleast 450 hp.
Originally Posted by showstoppertk
it really up to you. I wouldn't do it unless you plan on winning and to do that you'll need a lot more than you have listed in your sig. FI, body kit, etc. but if you just want to enter it to have fun then go ahead, plus sometimes the cost of entering a car show comes out to about the same as just buying a ticket to go to the show so why the hell not. but if you want to see a good show you'll find better ones up there. especially in cali. you should take a drive to the performance nissan meet in feb. that'll def be worth it. hell if they had a bridge from hawaii to la with no speed limit, I'd drive there.