Notices
Engine Swaps For all your engine swap experiences, ideas, questions, & more..

2007 350z HR swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 08:48 AM
Leo_Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 350z HR swap

Hello I am debating if I should buy a 2007 Z it has 29k miles but the engine is no good cause I need to rebuild it. I found a 2008 HR motor 38k miles on it for a steal. I would like to replace the current engine for the 2008 HR I just wanted to know if it will fit perfectly. Also, I am going to take it to a mechanic shop in SoCal any recommendations? As far as I know, the engine should fit but I wanted to double check. Also what problems can this build possibly run into? Thank you and any positive criticism will be helpful.

Last edited by Leo_Z33; 09-20-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:53 AM
JetBoost

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man currently doing the swap myself on a friends car, doing a HR with a 370 trans behind it. Main issue is going to be wiring, that’s the most expensive thing. ZFever has a harness for 2k. But I personally know someone that modify’s harness and cleans it up as well. The shop is QFab Motorsports out in NC. Good guy known him for a few years amazing work. But everything else should be pulling out old motor and putting new one in. Follow the swap series on YouTube link below.

JetBoost Youtube Channel
Old 09-26-2017, 05:03 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,104 Likes on 6,559 Posts

Originally Posted by JetBoost
Hey man currently doing the swap myself on a friends car, doing a HR with a 370 trans behind it. Main issue is going to be wiring, that’s the most expensive thing. ZFever has a harness for 2k. But I personally know someone that modify’s harness and cleans it up as well. The shop is QFab Motorsports out in NC. Good guy known him for a few years amazing work. But everything else should be pulling out old motor and putting new one in. Follow the swap series on YouTube link below.

JetBoost Youtube Channel
sounds like to me you are just trying to get your youtube acct out there
Old 09-26-2017, 07:02 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

JetBoost Youtube Channel

OP's not going to have to do all that because he's going from HR to HR.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:30 AM
JetBoost

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to get anyone to subscribe or anything, just trying to help someone out, people have did the swap differently. but didn't read yeah didn't read engine will fit completely fine no issues.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:33 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,104 Likes on 6,559 Posts

Not trying to get anyone to subscribe or anything, just trying to help someone out, people have did the swap differently. but didn't read yeah didn't read engine will fit completely fine no issues.
your signature says otherwise