Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Anybody live in the Newport/Cinci area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 10:36 AM
Beau

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody live in the Newport/Cinci area?

My dad lives in Highland Hights and has suggested that I move up there after I graduate from college here in Orlando. I've visited once for a weekend and was very pleased with that general area. It seems to have plenty of history, nice arcitecture, things to do, a busy downtown scene, and plenty of twisty roads.

How do you like living in this area?

Is there a good assortment of services/fast food/nice restaurants/entertainment/JOBS?

How much does it cost for a decent apartment? My dad said I could find a nice place for $500-$600, but down here that puts you with some less than upstanding individuals, even right around the campus.

I'm out of questions for now, but I'm sure I'll come up with more as people respond.

Thanks a lot!

Beau
Old 11-12-2003, 03:46 PM
gammbino350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've lived in n.ky all my life and the only complain i've ever had is the weather and orange barrells . I live in Hebron which is in Boone Co. and just recently we've experienced quite a boom. Several new apartment complexes have just been built along w/ the usuall fare of fast food, commercial warehouses, retail stores etc. As far as entertainment goes you will def. have to go to Newport on the Levee next time you visit. Oh and the Hoffbraugh House is a must (1 of only 2 in the world, the other is in Germany), along w/ all the German stuff: Mainstrasse Village, Oktoberfest. If you have any more questions let me know, i am kind of tired right now and probably rambling.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:39 AM
Beau

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply.

I dropped by Newport on the Levee when I visited, but didn't get to go to the Haufbraugh House. I'm almost definitely moving up though. It's been awhile since that first post here.