Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Car Wash in RTP, NC

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:31 AM
WickedKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Car Wash in RTP, NC

I need to get a car wash...I had the car for about 6months....and I haven’t washed it yet.... just rinsed it down with water and what not ….So on my quest to get a car wash I went to Carolina Spa they wanted $50 bucks for a basic wash...it seemed kind of high (even for a guys who is from Cali)…So for people around the area ... is that right? Or was this guy trying to rip me off....any other place you can recommend?
(Just moved to the area 6month ago...and really haven’t had any time to get out yet.....other then work and my apt.)

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2005, 10:35 AM
arlingtonz

Are you looking for a place that does it for you? There is a place called Bunkey's in Durham on 15-501 that starts at 15 and goes up to about 50, but they use brushes so beware. I always like the do it yourself places, but sometimes it is nice to have someone else do it for you.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:45 AM
WickedKE

Yeah, I am looking for a place that will do it for me....you know a place where they dont use brushes? ... I just feel like that guy was trying to ripp me off.....does $50 seem high?
Old 09-30-2005, 11:09 AM
NewZland

Originally Posted by WickedKE
Yeah, I am looking for a place that will do it for me....you know a place where they dont use brushes? ... I just feel like that guy was trying to ripp me off.....does $50 seem high?
hell yea it's high, especially when you could take 15-20 min. outta your day and do it yourself!!! Just wash it yourself man your car will appreciate YOU scrubbin' it down
Old 09-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Low J.
Banned

Carolina Auto Spa charges $50 for Z's because they have to be hand washed and can't go through the wash bay because of how low they are. Any other car only costs $15. The BP station on the corner of Chapel Hill Rd. and Cary Parkway has a touchless drive through that I use all the time and it works great.....I usually just have to touch up my wheels by hand and that's about it. When it needs a real hardcore wash though I do it myself.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Vash350Z

I do my car by hand, using a microfiber washmit, Menzerna auto shampoo, and drying it with a leaf blower and using a microfiber shammy to touch up the spots i missed, be good to your car! Dont machine wash it or take it to a "detailer" all they are doing is making things worse.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:16 PM
ShadesofBlonde

6 months and you haven't washed your car yet?!?!?!?!?
Old 10-01-2005, 07:07 AM
WickedKE

Yeah, I know I get **** for it everyday from my co-workers about my car. They are like you dont deserve to have the Z and **** like that...but I seriously went looking for a car wash place around here and they were all machine wash, and finally when i found a deent place they wanted $50 bucks...and I was what? I dont pay that much in Cali for a "basic" wash....

And..no I am not lazy but when you wake up to go to work at 7 and come home at 8...you are dead tired...and the weekends? forget about those, you (I) am usualy trying to catch up from the previous week so it doesn't roll over to this week......
Old 10-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Low J.
Banned

Yeah, I know I get **** for it everyday from my co-workers about my car. They are like you dont deserve to have the Z and **** like that...but I seriously went looking for a car wash place around here and they were all machine wash, and finally when i found a deent place they wanted $50 bucks...and I was what? I dont pay that much in Cali for a "basic" wash....

And..no I am not lazy but when you wake up to go to work at 7 and come home at 8...you are dead tired...and the weekends? forget about those, you (I) am usualy trying to catch up from the previous week so it doesn't roll over to this week......

aaaaahhhhh, I know which one is yours then.....I see it in the front lot all the time (tsk tsk) . I've got more cleaning/waxing stuff in my garage than you can imagine so any time you wanna detail it just let me know and we can do it at my place. I've got an orbital waxer and everything so we can wax it up in no time. Once you've got that new coat of wax you can just run it though the jet wash at the BP station every once in a while and it'll stay clean for a long time.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:02 PM
PapaTango

There is a detail shop here in Southern Pines ( PJ's Auto Care and Detail @ 910-692-3944) that has a basic once-over for $35. Hand wash, clean windows, rims, tires, vacuum/clean interior/door jams. Armor-All extra. Another package goes for $75 which includes the basic package + wheel wells, and all the little cracks and crevices the basic package misses. armor-all and Leather conditioner extra.

Of course, that's a 1+ hour drive to get your car washed!!

Last edited by PapaTango; 10-03-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Amp

Originally Posted by Low J.
aaaaahhhhh, I know which one is yours then.....I see it in the front lot all the time (tsk tsk) . I've got more cleaning/waxing stuff in my garage than you can imagine so any time you wanna detail it just let me know and we can do it at my place. I've got an orbital waxer and everything so we can wax it up in no time. Once you've got that new coat of wax you can just run it though the jet wash at the BP station every once in a while and it'll stay clean for a long time.

WickedKE works with us?

If so there's an ex-pro detailer who works with us who comes highly recommended. He supposedly does it all and I've heard a pretty **** car owner say he's the only person he would trust with his car. He likes to keep a low profile but used to do detailing work on the side. I'm not sure if he still does. I can check if you want.

BTW what color is the dirty Z I should be looking out for in our parking lot ?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:57 AM
newcredit

I need to get a car wash...I had the car for about 6months....and I haven’t washed it yet.... just rinsed it down with water and what not ….So on my quest to get a car wash I went to Carolina Spa they wanted $50 bucks for a basic wash...it seemed kind of high (even for a guys who is from Cali)…So for people around the area ... is that right? Or was this guy trying to rip me off....any other place you can recommend?
(Just moved to the area 6month ago...and really haven’t had any time to get out yet.....other then work and my apt.)

Thanks!
You are the perfect candidate for Mobile Detailing Services!

Give this guy a call: Dell's Mobile Detailing 673-1747 They come to you!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:08 AM
WickedKE

Default Hey....

Thanks for the offer Low J.,..I used to have a 82 honda civic wagan back in the days and man I used to wash thing everyday! But then again I used to come home from school at 2:30pm

Amp, yeah I would be open to any recommendations you may have...as for my car it is supposed to be "black" but ...these days it looks or has more of a gray /cotton color look to it....I usually park the car in the front lot next to a usually clean G35.

Newcredit, do you know how much these charge? have you used that service before?

Thanks guys....
Old 10-04-2005, 01:26 PM
newcredit

He is $45 for wash and vacuum and tire dressing! That is High to me! But I paid a guy $25 once to come out and I told him not to spray Sh*t on my wheels and he did anyway and tarnished them!

You always get what you pay for!
Old 10-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Low J.
Banned

Originally Posted by Amp
WickedKE works with us?

If so there's an ex-pro detailer who works with us who comes highly recommended. He supposedly does it all and I've heard a pretty **** car owner say he's the only person he would trust with his car. He likes to keep a low profile but used to do detailing work on the side. I'm not sure if he still does. I can check if you want.

BTW what color is the dirty Z I should be looking out for in our parking lot ?

Yep, his is the black one in the front lot. We gotta take him out to lunch one day and celebrate once he gets it detailed
Old 10-04-2005, 07:15 PM
WickedKE

Default Hey

AMP, you work in the same place also? What is the color of your Z....

I have seeen the Yellow Z, and the Blue one...are there anymore?

So here is the deal with the carwash...I am taking the car to the dealer on wed. hopfully i have to get my Navi door replaced along with the foot rest pedal next to the clucth...they said the parts should be in Wed. Thank god the car is under warranty ...only have 7xxx on it and it failing part on me...oh yeah and at 2K i had to get the kick plates replaced b/c they oxidized...dont ask me why.....i hope it's not b/c i havent washed it yet =) .....

So the plan is to get it detailed on thursday afternoon drop it off at Carlonia Spa and pick it up after work...I figure the money I saved by not washing her should pay for the detailing........
Old 10-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Amp

AMP, you work in the same place also? What is the color of your Z....

I have seeen the Yellow Z, and the Blue one...are there anymore?

So here is the deal with the carwash...I am taking the car to the dealer on wed. hopfully i have to get my Navi door replaced along with the foot rest pedal next to the clucth...they said the parts should be in Wed. Thank god the car is under warranty ...only have 7xxx on it and it failing part on me...oh yeah and at 2K i had to get the kick plates replaced b/c they oxidized...dont ask me why.....i hope it's not b/c i havent washed it yet =) .....

So the plan is to get it detailed on thursday afternoon drop it off at Carlonia Spa and pick it up after work...I figure the money I saved by not washing her should pay for the detailing........

I work on the 4th floor of building 9, just down the hall from Low J. I don't have a Z. I have an Ivory Pearl G35 Coupe. I usually park in the back of the lot behind building 9 but this week I'm in building 5 taking a class so I'm parked over here.

There are a lot of G's and Z's in the various lots here. I know there are atleast 3 G35 owners here on the G35driver.com forum. Not sure who else works with us is on this forum.