Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Miami (South Dade)! Where is everybody??!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 12:45 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Miami (South Dade)! Where is everybody??!!

Dudes (and dudettes!)

Where is everybody?? No Zs in North Cuba?? What gives??? (<== That was a joke, ok??)

Would love to meet some people somewhere south of Miami International. Well, north OK, but closer than Jacksonville!!

Sergio (Boricua! But I get along with everybody )
Old 01-26-2003, 01:08 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Miami (South Dade)! Where is everybody??!!

Originally posted by slaponte
Dudes (and dudettes!)

Where is everybody?? No Zs in North Cuba?? What gives??? (<== That was a joke, ok??)

Would love to meet some people somewhere south of Miami International. Well, north OK, but closer than Jacksonville!!

Sergio (Boricua! But I get along with everybody )
Check out our club South Florida Z Car Club we have members from Miami to Orlando and most events are around Palm Beach but we are meeting in Davie, Broward, on Feb 7 check this thread https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=17216
Old 01-26-2003, 01:45 PM
slaponte

Thanks. Yes, I have seen the thread and I am watching to see how active the club is and how far south you guys come...

Unfortunately, I have a work trip and I will be in Toronto from Feb 6th to the 9th, so can't make it this time.

Seems events are about monthly or so?

Can't wait to sit around and chat with fellow Z owners. My son had a couple of old Zs (300ZX'es) but he "killed" both of them (shame :-()

Now I got my own (and he is not driving it ever!)
Old 01-26-2003, 02:02 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Sorry you can't make it, we try to have something at least once a month, on Feb 23 we are having a club picnic at John Prince Park in Lake Worth, it is about 70 miles from Miami in Palm Beach County and about mid point for most members as we have members that come down from Port St Lucie as well as up from Miami.

This is not intended towards you, but a general statement, before any comments about distance, I keep hearing them from most 350Z owners, it is about getting together with other Z owners and having a good time, it seems owners of older Z's don't have a hard time driving diatances but 350Z owners do, as an example at our outing at Moroso in Dec we had a member come from Orlando in a 300z and 240Z owner from Port St Lucie.

Hope to see you soon. Cehsk out the club site http://www.sfzcc.com
Old 01-26-2003, 02:23 PM
slaponte

Been busy chasing all the links in your signature!

I just got the grounding kit this weekend. The car is just 7 days old (with me).

This week I meet the Zaino rep to pick up my Zaino, and then we will see what is next.

Re: Distance : I wonder how the demographics of the 350Z owners compare to other Zs. As the car is a little more expensive, I figure the average owner might be in a diff position.

I just figure with something closer I might get to do something every couple of weeks, instead of monthly or bi-monthly... Plus in one week I got 1,476 miles, so...
Old 01-26-2003, 04:47 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by slaponte
Been busy chasing all the links in your signature!

I just got the grounding kit this weekend. The car is just 7 days old (with me).

This week I meet the Zaino rep to pick up my Zaino, and then we will see what is next.
Next thing is tires and wheels, I got the Rays from a track model, and I am also waiting on an intake. If you are into mods you might to keep an eye on us as one of our co presidents is a master tech at a dealer that is setting up a performance shop.

Re: Distance : I wonder how the demographics of the 350Z owners compare to other Zs. As the car is a little more expensive, I figure the average owner might be in a diff position.

I just figure with something closer I might get to do something every couple of weeks, instead of monthly or bi-monthly... Plus in one week I got 1,476 miles, so...
You might be right about the demographics but specially with preorders I thought you would have some Z enthusiasts, it seems like most are sports car enthusiast and the new Z was a good deal. The miles will slow down if you are like me, I got 1000 in the first week but in 5 months I am just at 5000.

As for something more regular I have been thinking that into addition to the club event we could do Towers once or twice a month thing, I was going to explore that with the members as we have quite a few from Broward and Dade.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:17 PM
slaponte

Q) Where is towers?

I am not a big mod-er. This is why I got the Z, I think it has most of what I want. I won't mind a few bolt-ons and a few ponnies, maybe even a chip.

For exhaust, tires, etc, I will probably wait until this ones start to wear down, unless I find them too loose on rain or something drastic. The 18" rims seem pretty big to me. I am not a fan of huge rims, they make the car look like a bicycle (my opinion, no ofense). I also do not like chrome, that why the aluminun look on the Z attracted me.

I believe in "sleepers". Put the money where it counts, not on stickers. I like quiet mufflers. I do like the car comfortable, after all, I am not a professional driver or race my car.

Anyway, just chatting. Hope to meet the club soon.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:09 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Tower Shops is located on University Drive just south of I-595.

As for mods, I also like to do the ones that count as in HP, the exterior or electronics are not for me, the chip or ECU reprogram I am in hopefully soon and that is where our member in Nissan should be able to help.

No offense taken on the wheels, I am not much of a wheels man, but the Rays that come with the Track model are really nice and keep the Z look so I had to go for them.

It would be nice to get a redline in the club we have a lot of silverstones, keep an eye on the club's website for upcoming events.