Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Central Florida Z Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Nomad33fw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Florida Z Maintenance

Looking for a good place in central Florida for maintaining my Z. Is Z-Tech in Longwood good? Anyone have any local dealership experience? I have a 06 Murano also and haven't been impressed with my the dealership maintenance so far. I am not looking to do any major mods, just want to keep my baby happy.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:06 AM
pesci

I've been going to Bill Ray in Longwood and have never had a complaint about them. The guys there are very helpfull and carefyull of my mods.. Have heard complaints about them, but never any issues from me.. Just my
Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 PM
ErinAlexandra

Originally Posted by Nomad33fw
Looking for a good place in central Florida for maintaining my Z. Is Z-Tech in Longwood good? Anyone have any local dealership experience? I have a 06 Murano also and haven't been impressed with my the dealership maintenance so far. I am not looking to do any major mods, just want to keep my baby happy.

if thats the place right off 17-92 i wouldnt suggest it. at all.
i went there with a few engine and paint questions and they told me id be better off at the toyota dealership up the street.
and all they had in their garage was mitsubishi's and mazdas.

i was a bit wtf about it because they claim to be a bit of a specialty shop for us.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Nomad33fw

Thats too bad, you would think with a name like Z-Tech they would have a clue about the Z. Well, the dealerships around here don't impress me as being the place to baby my Z like I want. Can anyone recommend a good place to go in the Orlando area? I'm not looking to do major mods, just simple care like I replacing all the fluids with Redline, etc...
Old 01-11-2007, 06:23 AM
csZ

You can try http://www.performancefactory.com, their on OBT by the Florida Mall. They are a mod garage but they maybe able to do just fluid changes. Give them a call and ask if they will. I have had them install springs in my car and waiting for sway bars to come in. Great guys and easy to deal with and they will baby the car. My 2 cents
Old 01-11-2007, 06:25 AM
Demonteverde

Classic Nissan on 436/Semoran

Only ask for service writer John Barrington as I've had a very good experience under him even before I had my G and was driving my old 93 Pathfinder. Very professional and trustworthy guy. Tell him Ian Burias with the silver G35 sent you.

Forum member, bleufiend/Charles, is a very friendly guy and Z enthusiast who works under John as a Nissan tech and does good work there and definitely cares about your ride unlike some of the other nissan techs I've encountered.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:28 AM
ZBigDog

I go to Classic Nissan off 436 just North from 50. I had em do some fluid changes and scheduled services and they actually charged me less than what they quouted me, a first for me with any dealer experience, it is where I bought though.

Let us know if you find a spot thats worth it.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:29 AM
ZBigDog

Originally Posted by Demonteverde
Classic Nissan on 436/Semoran

Only ask for service writer John Barrington as I've had a very good experience under him even before I had my G and was driving my old 93 Pathfinder. Very professional and trustworthy guy. Tell him Ian Burias with the silver G35 sent you.

Forum member, bleufiend/Charles, is a very friendly guy and Z enthusiast who works under John as a Nissan tech and does good work there and definitely cares about your ride unlike some of the other nissan techs I've encountered.
Yeah I can back that, John was my tech and was real honest, I ask for him too.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:11 PM
thirty5ounces

Originally Posted by ErinAlexandra
if thats the place right off 17-92 i wouldnt suggest it. at all.
i went there with a few engine and paint questions and they told me id be better off at the toyota dealership up the street.
and all they had in their garage was mitsubishi's and mazdas.

i was a bit wtf about it because they claim to be a bit of a specialty shop for us.

ok first of all i highly doubt they told you to go somewhere else. I know the owner on a personal level and hes been the owner for 15 years now. And maybe you should learn how to read a Sign before asking questions about your engine. The sign simply states in GIGANTIC RED LETTERS TOYOTAS MAZDAS LEXUS MITSUBISHI'S LOL i dont mean to be a dick but dont dog someone who frequently chills with Jim Wolf and the company has been around i since the early 80s and you dont stay in business that long on telling people to go somewhere else.....
Old 01-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Demonteverde

Originally Posted by Nomad33fw
Thats too bad, you would think with a name like Z-Tech they would have a clue about the Z. Well, the dealerships around here don't impress me as being the place to baby my Z like I want. Can anyone recommend a good place to go in the Orlando area? I'm not looking to do major mods, just simple care like I replacing all the fluids with Redline, etc...
I've been to Z-tech before and have met Avi (the owner, indian guy) and they're not a bad shop. They're been around for a long time. They're geared more primarily to the older Z cars (300ZX and older). If you live in the Altamonte area and you're looking to do just fluid changes, they're safe.

Another really good shop to check out is Next Level Performance. They are around the Maitland/Altamonte area. They do everything. Check out their website. Call and ask for Tom Porter. www.nlperformance.com

Last edited by Demonteverde; 01-12-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Nomad33fw

Originally Posted by Demonteverde
I've been to Z-tech before and have met Avi (the owner, indian guy) and they're not a bad shop. They're been around for a long time. They're geared more primarily to the older Z cars (300ZX and older). If you live in the Altamonte area and you're looking to do just fluid changes, they're safe.

Another really good shop to check out is Next Level Performance. They are around the Maitland/Altamonte area. They do everything. Check out their website. Call and ask for Tom Porter. www.nlperformance.com
Actually I live right around the corner from Next Level. I have seen a Z there with yellow tinted headlights, but I never ventured in. The Z has enough performance for me, I am more into making it a ZX. A quiet smooth fast ride, but I also want it to run right. I used to own a NA Z32 and just loved the car so I guess that is what I want me Z33 to be.