Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Moutain Run(Blood Mtn, GA) July 29th

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:07 AM
SupermanZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You missed a pretty good time. But we'll do it again soon.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:02 PM
collins

hey guys! it was nice to meet a few of you... a couple of you it was good to see again.

this was a blast! it was the first time the new ride (the aformentioned gto) had seen any kind of twisties, and i must say i'm impressed with how she handled...

i strongly encourage that on the next run, someone that is going FOR SURE get everyone elses numbers and vice versa. that will eliminate some of the confusion as far as meeting spots goes! so yeah, we only had 6 cars, but it was a good group. everyone stayed in complete control of their vehicles, no one was trying to show off, and we just had an awesome group up there! i WILL be joining you next time as well, and i hope to see/meet more of you in the future!

ps, i'm baby_ruiner's bf (for the roll call, next time just call me collins lol)

sincerely,

the drifting aussie
Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 PM
stillen350

Default Awesome run!

Originally Posted by aarantes
Well I went to the second meeting spot at like 1015 till about 1045 and noone showed up I should have grabbed your number stillen
Sorry we dropped the ball aarantes, it was by luck that I met up with the others...we'll get up next time bro. That run was really intense guys, It felt like running laps at road atlanta or something . We probably scared the sh** out of some people up in the mountains. I now know that G's and a GTO can handle just as well as the Z's when handled right. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and seeing their skills on the road. I agree that next time we exchange numbers and establish a specific meeting time/place and stick with it. A couple of guys from my shop at Global Imports might join us next time and put some german power in the mix too..lol.

BTW..Does anyone know how feasible it is to switch to the factory Brembo brakes? My poor base calipers were in pain and fading.

Last edited by stillen350; 07-30-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:57 PM
collins

Originally Posted by stillen350
Sorry we dropped the ball aarantes, it was by luck that I met up with the others... That run was really intense guys, It felt like running laps at road atlanta or something . We probably scared the sh** out of some people up in the mountains. I now know that G's and even a GTO can handle just as well as the Z's if not better. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and seeing their skills on the road. Very impressive. I agree that next time we exchange numbers and establish a specific meeting time/place and stick with it.

BTW..Does anyone know how feasible it is to switch to the factory Brembo brakes? My poor 1 piston calipers were in pain and fading.
its all in the slip angle, my friend!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:18 PM
stillen350

Originally Posted by collins
its all in the slip angle, my friend!
Right on! Hey what were the roads you guys chose? Some of the guys at the shop wanted to know.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:32 PM
aarantes

Yeah +1 on exchanging number! I just back home and went to bed We should do the runs on the last sunday of every month...
Old 07-30-2007, 09:33 PM
SupermanZ

i'm game
Old 07-31-2007, 04:41 AM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I didn't make it out guys. I woke up Sunday morning and felt like garbage.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:22 PM
green183

Originally Posted by SupermanZ
i'm game
hey man let me know when this is going on again....I'd like to get in on the fun!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:38 PM
SupermanZ

Originally Posted by green183
hey man let me know when this is going on again....I'd like to get in on the fun!
No problem I think we're going to try to do it the last sunday of the month.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 PM
aarantes

Yeah I think that would be the best way to set it up!

Hopefully my turbo will be installed by then
Old 08-01-2007, 05:12 AM
collins

heyguys, just a heads up, if you're going to disclose the roadswe run on (even tho its really no secret) keep that in private messages. we dont need extra attention on our fun spots, if ya know what i mean...

anyways, last sunday of every month should bea good way to get things going. i'm sure not everyone can makeit every run, but it would be a way to get peopleout that missed the first one! i'll try to make it to as many ofthese as i can!

sincerely,

your drifting aussie
Old 08-01-2007, 01:06 PM
VIZAGE

What is your sig about? "What is a 350Z?" What is a GTO? Get Turned Off! Just messing with you.

You know there a shop in Fayetteville called Tri-Star Performance that's all into GTO's. There's several that have Corvette motors in them with FI. The one bad thing about them is that there heavy cars. I still recommend them even though I won't probably do any more business there, for personal reasons. Just call me picky.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:56 PM
collins

LOL well +1 to you, sir, for being a good sport about it... i did it just to mess with my gf (baby_ruiner on here). yeah i'm in atlanta and i've heard of tristar. sounds like a few good things have been said about them also! however i already know where i'm taking my car for tuning when it comes time for it.

as far as the motor goes, the 04's had the same LS1 the c5 corvettes had and hte 05-06's have the same LS2 that the C6 vettes have, so technically they all have vette motors in them. as far as FI goes, i'd LOVE TO but thats waaaaaay too much money, plus i kinda like my warranty lol

sincerely,
your drifting aussie
Old 08-01-2007, 04:03 PM
VIZAGE

I didn't know that. It might of been the way they phrased it. But anyways maybe weel get to meet at the next run. I have some new rear tires coming in this weekend.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 PM
stillen350

Ok well if possible someone forward the routes we took or whatever. It'd be appreciated. As for the monthly Sunday runs, that's whats up. Heck we can start brainstorming now. Next run we could also find a scenic lot to take pics of the rides and post them. Everyone on the run had sharp rides, naturally due to the VQ power!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:56 PM
aarantes

Yeah we can everything figured out a week or two earlier so there is no confusion! Also finding a place to take pictures sounds good... If anyone has any ideas let us know
Old 08-02-2007, 07:27 AM
collins

Originally Posted by stillen350
Ok well if possible someone forward the routes we took or whatever. It'd be appreciated. As for the monthly Sunday runs, that's whats up. Heck we can start brainstorming now. Next run we could also find a scenic lot to take pics of the rides and post them. Everyone on the run had sharp rides, naturally due to the VQ power!
hey now, you're in mixed company mister! lol

LSX powa ftw!
Old 08-02-2007, 04:28 PM
VIZAGE

I really like how everyone is coming together on this. It was well over due.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:46 PM
stillen350

Originally Posted by collins
hey now, you're in mixed company mister! lol

LSX powa ftw!

Oh yeah and a goat too . Just kidding man, nice drift leavin from the gas station bro. I seen ya.

Quick Reply: Moutain Run(Blood Mtn, GA) July 29th