Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Sub/Amp/Wiring Help In Raleigh

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:33 AM
PPW_07_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub/Amp/Wiring Help In Raleigh

Hey guys! So I *think* I'm ready to take on the task of fixing the stock stereo system in my Z. I thought I could live with it...but then even my girlfriend pointed out that the stereo was bad...so yeah. I've even noticed that the rear speaker behind me doesn't work any more...took all of 6 months to break that, haha!

Anyway, I'm just wondering if any of you guys in the Raleigh area have replaced your stock speakers and ran new wires and installed an amp. I want to keep the stock headunit, so the Rockford 3sixty looks like the way I need to go from a brief search. I assume that means I need an amp that'll power all 4 speakers I replace - which sounds like I'll be running lots of wires.

I realize there is a ton of information spread out on the boards, but I am hoping to find a couple people I could get some other tips from without having to compile 50 different posts. I'm taking 3 days off this week, so I have the time and the patience...I just need some guidance. As for my own experience, the only sub installation I've done in the past was on my old 3 Series, and the battery was in the trunk so that was too easy.

Any help would be appreciated :-)