Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

north/central fl g/z meet - gainesville 8/16

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 02:26 PM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

w00t im pumped! just got off the phone - we will have a big parking lot next door to hooters roped off for us. jax crew should be arriving there a little before 11am. if anyone gets there earlier the manager will be there already to help with anything.

oh and of course, girls are set to take pics with the cars after. ill keep everyone informed as to whats going on. figure we might even take a cruise through campus after. looking forward to seeing everyone in 16 hours!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:39 PM
H22toVQ

WooT!!! Few more hours!!! I need to go to bed... Is it gonna be in the Caraba's Parking lot?
Old 08-17-2008, 08:20 AM
y_b_lamron

Hey all! I had a great time yesterday! Although not all the ppl on the list (shame on you!) didn't show we still had an awesome time.

I am in the process of uploading all my pics now and will post them up soon.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:42 AM
y_b_lamron

hey all, here is the linky where the pics can be found!

EDIT:

well, since this site isn't very friendly it seems you have to jump through some hoops in order to see the pics. They won't allow a direct link to the site where the pics reside

To see the pics please go here:
http://350zclubofflorida.net/showthread.php?t=1511

and see my post that will link you to the pics.

Sorry it came down to this!

Last edited by y_b_lamron; 08-17-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:42 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Today, August 16, 2008, the Florida G Club and the 350Z Club of Florida got together for a meet in Gainesville, Florida. This was the first ever Gainesville Meet and was created by Lyndon (w0ady) and Ed (BANKAI) of the FGC and 350Z Club respectively. Their plan was to have a meet half way between the Jacksonvile guys and the Orlando/Tamps guys. The plan was for everyone to drive half the distance and make it fair for everyone. It worked!

I have to say that this was one of the best, most fun meets we've had since I joined the Florida G Club. w0ady and Ed had everything planned from the reserved parking and lunch at Hooters to the caravan through the University of Florida. The picture above is from one of the parking areas at the University. We had a tremendous turnout for what was predicted to be another rainy Saturday.

The Tampa/St. Petersburg people met at the first Rest Stop after I75 and I275 join together. Worked out pretty well, except I missed a few peoples cars.

Shawn has a unique Navigation system... His youngest son...

It rained a bit on the way up to Gainesville, but it wasn't bad. It was still a fun ride.

Here we are at the Gainesville Hooters. The Hooters people had roped off a large parking lot for us and it was perfect!

Mark didn't think I really took this picture....

Lots of nice cars...

We filled up one whole side of the Gainesville Hooters Restaurant.

And guess what? It was Ed's birthday!!! (Small secret... It is always someone's birthday when we meet at a Hooters or Winghouse.)

The rain had fully stopped by the time we finished eating lunch... So we checked out everyone's cars and had an informal BS session.

This had to be one of the coolest cars, er, vehicles, at the meet. While it looks like a simple SUV with dubs...

Raise the hood and you find a single turbo and a Nitrous kit... Pretty crazy.

w0ady outlined the trip to the University of Florida...

I know everyone always wants to see pictures of the Meets, so I posted these tonight. I'll post a few more tomorrow.

As usual, anyone else that took pictures today should feel free to post their pictures in this thread if they would like to.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:46 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

The Hooter's Girls were nice enough to pose for us... So, of course, we had to get a few photos with them...

First shot is w(.)ady posting with the girls...

Sorry for cutting off the top of your head, Etien... not sure what I was focusing on? For those of you thinking about getting a clear bra, check out Etien's G37. It has a spectacular clear bra installation. The hood is covered and you can't ses the line. Very nice.

Glad you could make the meet, Javier! Those 295's look spectacular on the back of your G!

Since Shawn's youngest son got his picture in the forum, his older brother decided to make sure his picture got in, too... Hmm... I wonder which one got the better deal?

This would have made a great avatar if I wasn't in the shot!

Here we are lined up starting the drive to the University of Florida.

Jason demoed his new rectangular speaker... like his stereo wasn't loud enough all ready! It did sound awesome. I don't remember the exact specs, maybe Jason can post them up.

Here we are at one of the UF parking lots. w0ady got us all lined up in a row... what a great photo opportunity!

Uh oh... The Po Po's were unhappy with one of the cars speeding through the University roads... Said driver will remain unnamed (IP, blue wheels).

The Police were cool, though... They even gave our cars a check-out as they left.

Hey, what's w0ady taking a picture of?

Lots of photographers climbed up to the adjacent parking lot's roof to grab a few shots. Here's Nikki taking some pictures... Can't wait to see her pics, too!

Here, the 350Z Club of Florida's web designer test out his front fender... He said it was plenty strong!

And finally, the last of us to leave... Etien, Mark, Ian and his girlfriend. Ian was the only one to drive over from Orlando. Thanks for coming and supporting the Club, Ian!

This was a super-fun meet! We should do it every year! Thanks to w0ady and Ed for getting together and creating the Gainesville meet, and special thanks go out to w0ady for arranging everything. Hooters was a lot of fun and the photo op at the University of Florida was another great time.

We've had some great meets the last few months. Thanks to everyone for coming... hope you all had a great time.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Ghost_shift

Nice pics guys! I didnt even see this event, and like a dumbass I miss it.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:41 PM
falconey

Big props to W0 for putting this together.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Peak350

Yeah, it was definitely an awesome meet and I thank everyone who had a hand in organizing it. I had a blast!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:45 PM
rich harris

Looks like a great turn out!!!! Congrats to Woady and Ed on a great job coordinating this event...

I do apologize to you all for placing my name on the list and then not attending...

Unfortunately my back injury was acting up with a lot! of pain throughout the week, a 2 hour drive up to G-ville would have made things worst... Sorry for not informing about my absents but throughout the week I was pretty much in la la land if you no what I mean...

Again, ''Great Job'' guys!!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:30 PM
cliffrlp

Man im pretty mad i missed this! One of the few times their is a meet and of this size i miss it looks like a lot of fun!

Etien when do I get too see the G in person man?!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:49 AM
y_b_lamron

I can't wait for the next one!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by rich harris
Looks like a great turn out!!!! Congrats to Woady and Ed on a great job coordinating this event...

I do apologize to you all for placing my name on the list and then not attending...

Unfortunately my back injury was acting up with a lot! of pain throughout the week, a 2 hour drive up to G-ville would have made things worst... Sorry for not informing about my absents but throughout the week I was pretty much in la la land if you no what I mean...

Again, ''Great Job'' guys!!!!!
We were talking about you man no worries. A back injury is nothing to take lightly and I (we) just hope you get better soon.