Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Well, sears warped one of my wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 08:15 AM
craigo'sznprgrs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, sears warped one of my wheels!

I am in the North Ga area, and it looks like Kazera no longer makes my wheel. If anyone knows a shop that can repair a very mild warped alloy rim in the ATL area up to the Chattanooga area, I would appreciate it.

On a side note, when they replaced my tires, you can see where there are 3 scratch marks and where the fourth should be that is where the warped area is at, but of course, they vehimately (sp?) denied that they were responsible, and I even have a signed hand written letter from another shop that implicates them!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Billhyco

how did they warp the wheel installing a tire? also how do you know its warped?

maybe I should ask what you mean by warped? as in lip is bent, wheel is egg shaped etc????
Old 10-07-2008, 07:27 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

This is why Forged is the only place that touches my wheels now, after I had issues with a body shop messing up the finish on mine.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

lip is bent and it is egg shaped.

It took them 2 and half hours to do the front to tires. On top of that, where they take the wheels off, there is a machine that has 4 prongs, well on the back of my wheel there are 3 scratches and a bend, hence why I know beyond a shadow of doubt it occured at Sears.

Couple that with the fact that I drove the car a minimum of 114 miles from Forged and around town before taking it to sears with no shakes, shimmy or any type of pull from wore out tires, and on the return trip to Marietta there was a vibration between the speeds of 70 and 85 mph. I knew there was damage, when they showed it to me while they were trying to balance the wheel. Personally checked for damage last Saturday.

Sucks, mainly because I worked there all the way through college and sold well in excess of 1 million dollars profit, and they are jerking me around over a 115-175 dollar fix. Really pisses me off.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:30 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
This is why Forged is the only place that touches my wheels now, after I had issues with a body shop messing up the finish on mine.
I asked if they would be able to do the tire install, but they said they couldn't do it unless it were 19" and above.

I prefer to have them do any/all work from now until I get rid of my Z
Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 PM
SupermanZ

Try Wheel Wizards in Atlanta.
http://www.wheelwizard.com/
Old 10-08-2008, 08:14 AM
imonlykidden

Pics?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:01 AM
craigo'sznprgrs

Not pics, except a cell phone video and I can't get it on my computer . I am taking it to metrowheels in Marietta Saturday and I will snap several.

I am pissed and I know it isn't much money, but it burns me up when someone won't take responsibility for their actions. I spoke to the manager Tonya Connor at Sears Dalton, and she won't even look at the wheel, she told me three separate times on the phone that their machines aren't capable of bending a wheel after she said numerous times that she knows very little to nothing about the machine themselves.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:03 AM
craigo'sznprgrs

If anyone has experience with this and would like to give them a little lesson of force versus soft alloy, the number is (706) 272-9228 ask for Tonya.

I would love it if they were to get a barrage of calls, for nothing else for refusing to look at the wheel!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Billhyco

never seen a tire machine bend a wheel. scracthes sure, little teeth divots of course, but never a bent rim.

a vibration doesn't mean you have a bent rim. could be misbalanced. could be high/low spot on the tire. could have slung a weight after you left resulting in imbalance.

i'm withholding judgement until pics and proof are seen. there are mobile companies that will put your wheel (only wheel with no tire mounted) on a machine to check for roundness. hell you can take it to a shop that has a good roadforce balancer and they can check the rim runout and it will tell you the same thing.

yeah sorry, not sold on the "rim bent during install" thing just yet.

what kind of tires did you have installed?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:27 AM
craigo'sznprgrs

Gforce tires. I saw the wheel on the balancer and marked the said bent area. I will have pics up by this weekend. Its raining like crazy here (thank God), but I will post up pics on Sunday.

Taking it to get repaired Saturday.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dud, u got 641.3 whp! and u went to sears !?!?!?!

GRAN TURISMO EAST . com
Old 10-22-2008, 03:23 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

Can't pass the friends and family night up. I am a cheap bastard, lol.

However, lesson learned, I will now take my business elsewhere. You do get what you pay for, but at least they paid for 50% of the damages.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:26 PM
haeshik

Originally Posted by Tac-M
dud, u got 641.3 whp! and u went to sears !?!?!?!

GRAN TURISMO EAST . com
Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
CELTIC Z

Originally Posted by craigo'sznprgrs
I am in the North Ga area, and it looks like Kazera no longer makes my wheel. If anyone knows a shop that can repair a very mild warped alloy rim in the ATL area up to the Chattanooga area, I would appreciate it.

On a side note, when they replaced my tires, you can see where there are 3 scratch marks and where the fourth should be that is where the warped area is at, but of course, they vehimately (sp?) denied that they were responsible, and I even have a signed hand written letter from another shop that implicates them!
Dude, Sears scratched one of my rims and they replaced it with no questions asked, manager said he was sorry.......
Old 10-22-2008, 03:35 PM
bluesi808

sears messed up my tires too. i will never go back there
Old 10-22-2008, 03:42 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

Originally Posted by longhorn44
Dude, Sears scratched one of my rims and they replaced it with no questions asked, manager said he was sorry.......
I worked at Sears all the way through college and was their top producer in commission sales and the actual store I worked at was where this happened. If had been up to Tonya Connor at the Dalton store, she would have done nothing.

Thankfully, I had national customer relations phone number and got someone over her head after I was hung up on twice.

In three years in a B market store, I made them nearly 1million in profit with my sales and they (Tonya) were prepared to stiff me over a measily $135 bill. Pathetic, I have always, even when I worked under her supervision felt her management skills were lacking to say the least.

She never and I remember several instances which she stiffed the customer to save what amounted to hardly any money over saving future business. It astonishes me that she is still employed there, but whatever. I am thankful I got 50%, considering.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Billhyco

still waiting on pics
Old 10-23-2008, 11:10 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i'd still get those tires road force balanced. i bought 4 pilot sports from tire rack and 1 went out of round after 500 miles. couldnt road force it back into perfect round. had to get a new one.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:07 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

Originally Posted by Billhyco
still waiting on pics

I forgot my camera, I do have a crappy cell phone video. What is your number and I will text it to you.

Quick Reply: Well, sears warped one of my wheels!