Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Gainesville Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:09 AM
OzzyRulez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Peak350
And, dumb question, but if I get a double din (specifically Pioneer Avic-F700bt) I need a harness adapter and double din trim ring correct?

Any recommendations on best options from one of the locals?
Yeah you should only need the harness and DD adapter. Yours is a Base right? Oh and if the Avic-F700 has as much stuff to hook up as my Avic-D3 then you better have a lot of patience too. Its a royal PITA to install, especially with any external devices. I installed it into my Cobalt SS. But with the Z I just broke down and took it to Logan's Car Stereo in Starke. He only charged me 140 for all the parts and install.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 AM
vispre

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, you'll need a wiring harnes and a dash trim kit.

I bought the metra branded ones from the Zenclosures vendor. I think his username is MLG**** i forgot the last part. U might be able to find it cheaper somewhere else but it was convenient because i didnt have to go anywhere but wait for a package.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Peak350

Yeah, lots of crap to install, but I've installed the totality of wiring for my amp and sub twice, which is a lot more difficult. I have an enthusiast, but the pac swi-ps works, and I will add it later (I know extra work).

Wiring is kinda my thing so this is easy.

BTW, forgot my helmet, anyone have one I can borrow for the track? Trying to find a motorcycle rider. They don't really check, so if its loose or whatever I don't care.

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:14 AM
OzzyRulez

Hmm, I have my helmet, I may be able to borrow one from a friend, but I can't promise anything. I'll let you know by tonight if I can get one or not.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by OzzyRulez
Hmm, I have my helmet, I may be able to borrow one from a friend, but I can't promise anything. I'll let you know by tonight if I can get one or not.
Thanks man, I realized halfway here that I'd f'ed up.

I'm going through my phonebook and call everyone I know.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:04 PM
OzzyRulez

Alright, I may have one for you. I won't know for sure until the morning, I have to go and see if my buddy's helmet is in his Bro's wife's car. If its there, we are all set. If not we can work something out with mine. Just won't be able to run each other.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Peak350

Alright, I may have one for you. I won't know for sure until the morning, I have to go and see if my buddy's helmet is in his Bro's wife's car. If its there, we are all set. If not we can work something out with mine. Just won't be able to run each other.
No worries. I may try to go to walmart tonight (or sports authority) and grab one and just return it later. But my luck they'll be out of everything but like XS.

At least with XL I can just shove a towel or something in to make it fit more tightly LOL.

And thanks, we'll get you a <2.0 60' if theres any VHT down tomorrow, its actually not tooooo hard once you get the technique.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:01 PM
OzzyRulez

No worries. I may try to go to walmart tonight (or sports authority) and grab one and just return it later. But my luck they'll be out of everything but like XS.

At least with XL I can just shove a towel or something in to make it fit more tightly LOL.

And thanks, we'll get you a <2.0 60' if theres any VHT down tomorrow, its actually not tooooo hard once you get the technique.
Good deal, I have secured the helmet for you. Not sure what size it is but hopefully it fits. I just talked to dudes wife, it is in her car. So in the morning when I head out, I'll swing by there and grab it for you.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Peak350

Good deal, I have secured the helmet for you. Not sure what size it is but hopefully it fits. I just talked to dudes wife, it is in her car. So in the morning when I head out, I'll swing by there and grab it for you.
Awesome bro.

I'm going to *try* to get there early (before the gates open so like 9:45-9:50ish).

I'll keep an eye out for you
Old 11-22-2008, 01:29 AM
OzzyRulez

Awesome bro.

I'm going to *try* to get there early (before the gates open so like 9:45-9:50ish).

I'll keep an eye out for you
I'm going to try and be there around the same time. I'll see you there.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:26 AM
OzzyRulez

Well all of you guys that didn't come out should have. We had a great time out there. I got in 14 passes and I know Peak got in more than me. The weather was beautiful as well but I'm sure you know.

Peak, thanks for teaching me how to launch the beast. I'm looking forward to the next track field trip.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Peak350

Well all of you guys that didn't come out should have. We had a great time out there. I got in 14 passes and I know Peak got in more than me. The weather was beautiful as well but I'm sure you know.

Peak, thanks for teaching me how to launch the beast. I'm looking forward to the next track field trip.
No problem, I just wish we would have had a little stickier track (consistently) so you could have run some 13.3's or better. I know you've got it, and one or two more trips you'll be bumping me down a spot on the list.

Thanks again for the helmet.

I wish I was having a more "together" day. Running high 13's and 14's is just unacceptable, but I'm happy I at least ended the day on a good note.

I've got quite an e-mail to write now. I think I know why the software was giving me **** now, but I want to see what Cobb's response is before I say anything bad about it.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:25 PM
OzzyRulez

No problem, I just wish we would have had a little stickier track (consistently) so you could have run some 13.3's or better. I know you've got it, and one or two more trips you'll be bumping me down a spot on the list.

Thanks again for the helmet.

I wish I was having a more "together" day. Running high 13's and 14's is just unacceptable, but I'm happy I at least ended the day on a good note.

I've got quite an e-mail to write now. I think I know why the software was giving me **** now, but I want to see what Cobb's response is before I say anything bad about it.
I don't know if I'll be knocking you down the list or not, but I'm going to try! I'd like to hear Cobb's response as well. I'm interested, or was interested, in picking up one of those tuners. Definitely let me know what they say.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:08 AM
FreeBaGeL

I'm getting a double din in-dash GPS unit (probably the Kenwood 8120) and am looking for the best place around Gainesville to get it installed.

I'll also be adding satellite radio and seeing if I can get a USB/ipod port mounted up in the cubby above (where factory nav would've been).

I have a non-bose unit (enthusiast '07), what's the best place in or around Gainesville to get all this installed well, and for a reasonable price?
Old 01-17-2009, 03:16 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

check out Mobile Revolutions on Newberry west of I75. Tell Vut and JR that Rajiv said hi.

by the way, there is going to be a Z/G meet this coming weekend in Jacksonville. It is at the Hooter's on southside blvd on Saturday 1/24 starting around 11AM. Check the SE section on the forum for more information! There should be a pretty good turnout this weekend. Something like 25+ people saying they are attending.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:21 PM
LennyFairladyz

hey guys iam here in ocala i come 2 visit my gf i wont borther riding 2 gainesville 2 meet up
Old 01-17-2009, 07:20 PM
blaster9

Hey guys just looking for some HR Z owners or DE Z owners to meet up with. Im a senior at UF and live in Gainesville. Where do you guys hang?!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:58 PM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

You all should come to the " Jacksonville Meet " this Saturday the 24th.

https://my350z.com/forum/south-east/...et-1-24-a.html
Old 01-18-2009, 01:22 PM
LennyFairladyz

where r the gainesville meet and wat days guys
Old 01-18-2009, 04:38 PM
blaster9

I have no idea dates/times and if there are anyone in gville who actually meets! Im down though if anyone knows where/when!

Quick Reply: Gainesville Z Owners