Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Z Dayz!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:06 PM
BPRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Z1NONLY, that sounds very cool. Since it is (practically) in my own backyard, I will definately make an attempt to attend. Is it an organized event? Do you have to register for it, pay an entry fee, or is it just a loose gathering of Z/G nuts? Is there a website? Sorry for the noob questions but hey, I'm new here!
Old 12-08-2008, 03:16 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BPRacer
Thanks Z1NONLY, that sounds very cool. Since it is (practically) in my own backyard, I will definately make an attempt to attend. Is it an organized event? Do you have to register for it, pay an entry fee, or is it just a loose gathering of Z/G nuts? Is there a website? Sorry for the noob questions but hey, I'm new here!
Cool, and I've been reading about it for a few years now and I've watched how now, you may be met by police vehicles waiting every mile so on the dragon....It seems it really has become a gathering weekend as opposed to a run. You might want to speak with a bunch of folk here and elsewhere who go every year and meet at the same "motel".
Old 12-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by BPRacer
Here is last year's website. (Still has all the old info from last year. I am guessing they will update as this year's ZdayZ approaches.)
http://www.zdayz.com/

also..
http://www.fontanavillage.com/
and the event calendar..
http://www.fontanavillage.com/events/events.htm

Here are some pics from past "gatherings"...

And those ^ are just from one of the group photos.

Last edited by Z1NONLY; 12-08-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:18 AM
Sisko99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Z1NONLY...thanks for the assist.

Guys....sorry about the website as I know it's rather out of date. We're in the process of writing a new website with the information for 2009, so please keep an eye out. I'm sure we'll put something out here when we launch the new website.

BPRacer...ZDayZ has been basically a 3 day party for the last 5 years. For Year 6, we're expanding a bit and adding an event Thursday night to kick things off. Last year attendance was a little down from what it had been (thanks mostly to gas prices), but I believe we still managed to fill FVR and had 200 or so cars there. I forget the official numbers. 400 people is about normal I believe (I don't have attendance figures). There is a cost associated with the event and online registration will be opened as soon as is possible. But basically, ZDayZ boils down to this: A bunch of people having a damn good time up in the mountains with good friends and great cars. Hope you decide to make it out this year.