Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Charlotte area 350Z owners...possible race?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003 | 12:02 AM
Eric1h

i was at VIR South course and VIR full course, at south course we DID chase down thi buddy on both the straights and twisties. I will also be at CMP NOv. 1-2 LOVE to have some "faster" cars to compete with.

with that said the 3rd gen rx7 is prob one of the best loking and my favorite cars ever! if they still made it i wouldve bought one of those instead of the Z! its a shame they had to bring back the RX in the current 8 version.

Originally posted by mcclaskz
I invited him remember? How do you out-drive a driver on a straight? It's all engine, no driver. I am not arguing, I am telling you what I have found on a race track. You can magazine race all you want to, as I said, in the straights, every time I was at WOT with other stock FDs (there are no ATs on track) I walked each and every stock FD. Like I also said, I invite you to talk to educated race drivers such as Nick Riefner who have far more experience than you driving both cars on race tracks. Again, to make my only thesis, I BELIEVE THAT THE FD IS A GREAT CAR AND IS IN FACT VERY COMPETITIVE WITH THE NEW NISSAN 350Z WHEN BOTH ARE IN STOCK FORM ON ROAD RACE COURSES. You can go back to your forums and find who was at VIR full this past weekend and see what they have found. The only FDs that passed me were heavily modified.(usually with PF intercoolers/shroud/fluidyne/pfc/boost control/M2airbox) I was in the white group which is intermediate. My better times were somewhere in the 2:27 range. I do not pretend to be a race driver or get in a pissing contest of any kind. I can only provide you with my findings of 3 track events (one of them with 25+ FDs) with the 3rd generation RX7. There were several Zs there that had cameras mounted. Although they were in the yellow or advanced group, maybe their footage will become available. Consequently, both of those drivers had FDs before they bought their Zs. I'm not here to convince you, obviously you are not grounded in reality or open to listen to the experiences of others. Ask questions, be safe, and have fun...

By the way my buddy just found a pristine 93' black R1 with 26k miles! We are going up to take a look at it next weekend. He will be selling his '93 silver touring (46k miles) if anyone is interested. I'm moving on and will not return to this tread.
Old 10-29-2003 | 09:07 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic
Premier Member

We may have one signed up at CMP. I will check.
Old 10-29-2003 | 09:16 AM
Eric1h

Originally posted by mhoward1
We may have one signed up at CMP. I will check.
its probably Rob McClaske's friend in the silver RX7. I know Rob is going and they usually show up in pairs. JK!
Old 10-30-2003 | 12:14 PM
mhoward1
350Z-holic
Premier Member

We have 4 RX-7's coming.

oh..and 15 Z's
Old 10-30-2003 | 12:50 PM
Eric1h

i am sooooooooooo ready for this weekend!
Old 10-30-2003 | 02:48 PM
ForceFed

Originally posted by mhoward1
We have 4 RX-7's coming.

oh..and 15 Z's
Where are you guys meeting up? I'd love to track my car but not until i junk my shitty Racing Beat springs for some Eibachs...

My car is in a thousand pieces at the moment (hey, it's an FD, no explanation required) but i'd like to meet up with some Z33 owners.

D
Old 10-30-2003 | 03:15 PM
Eric1h

The race head quarters will be the Colony Inn in Kershaw

check the www.trianglezclub.com for the event details
Old 10-31-2003 | 04:33 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Come on out on Saturday. You can check things out (Free) and maybe snag a ride with one of the Instructors/Pros.
Old 10-31-2003 | 06:53 AM
ForceFed

I'll try to make it out but will most likely be tackling the solenoid rack on my FD on saturday. I got spanked pretty badly by a Roush Stage III + mods putting down approx 400RWHP, so that motivated me to fix my boost problems, which i think are a byproduct of my vacuum hoses. Hence i'm neck deep in the project and finding a broken hose here, a broken solenoid there. Ah yes, such is the life of owning a FD.....

LOL
Old 10-31-2003 | 07:04 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Well we have both a FD and a 350Z in the TT. I'll post results Monday.

Good luck with the work. I know how much of a pain it can be sometimes.