AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for 9 hours for the Meet!!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Laughitup85

Originally Posted by sublimemoment
Whats it like to have started one of the biggest most viewed threads? I myself would be very very proud! lol
I never expected it to get that big!! I was just trying to call certain people out and they came out and ran with it lol... I dont even post on that thread anymore, there's no point
Old 08-01-2009, 11:46 AM
OzzyRulez

The meet was great guys, nice to meet all of you. I had to bail early to take the girl to work. I wish I could have stayed for pictures.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Laughitup85

Had a great time and it was nice to meet the Z/G's on the East coast
Old 08-01-2009, 01:37 PM
sublimemoment

Good time at the meet. A big thanks to Linden for putting it together!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Blackzenki82

Hey what's going on guys? my name's Marshall, i was the guy with the black SR swapped 1996 240SX on those gold wheels...

i don't know the rules of this forum, as like a intro "all n00bs must post here first" kinda deal, but i just wanted to drop in from all my S-Chassis forums to say thanks for holding the meet...

I showed up a but late due to my replacement KOYO being shipped late, and my buddy grenading his clutch in his 240, but i caught the *** end of the hooters meet up, and stayed for the majority of the parking lot...

Also, i want to let you guys know, you have some VERY nice Z's, G's and the like, i was very impressed with the overall quality of your cars, i wish we had more of that in the 240 world, as in our world, most people slap em together, claim to be mad tyte drifters and call it a day... you guys on the other hand, have great cars, built right, even the stockers, kept clean, mean, and sounded great!!!

Hopefully next year, or whenever it is you'll host another meet like this, i'll be able to show up again, and be in the presence of such fine people and cars... i was especially impressed with your overall attitudes, even towards us 240 guys. In 240 land, there's a lot of Elitists, "holier than thou" mentality with some of the old school guys.. most of you on the other hand, were great! i had several compliments on my car, which i was surprised by, cause i always had the misconception Z/G guys had an elitest attitudes as well, but you all proved me wrong...

Once again, thanks guys!! and till next time!!! hope to meet you guys again, and oogle at your beautiful cars again!!

EDIT: and i forgot to mention, next time, we have to go to the track afterward... I'd like to show some you guys how a 240 can walk a Z/G like a dog, j/k j/k, but it would be fun to hit the track with you guys, and maybe surprise some of you as well...... i would have gone, but i heard everyone was bailing... so i went on home myself... thanks again guys!!!!

Last edited by Blackzenki82; 08-01-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:20 PM
cliffrlp

Hey guys,

Meet was a blast ( I was the Redline Z w/ V2 and bronze xd9's ). Lets do this more often, so the local guys on here lets make this happen!

I spoke with Derek (the classic Z that was out there) and we want to try and rent out gainesville raceway between like 25-50 ppl and have a fun track day with drag and road course. So OZOC crew and Jax crew we need to try and set this up and a few more of the classic z guys want to show up as well!

Good time, thanks for setting it up...once a year isn't enough!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:43 AM
w0ady

thanks everyone for coming out. it was great to put some names/faces together and see old/new friends. and thanks to the 240 guys - ive always been open to any and all car enthusiasts. i just ask for everyone to behave when we're in large #s but people know i like to have my fun too.

anyways posted up pics here so check them out!

https://my350z.com/forum/event-photo...meet-pics.html
Old 08-02-2009, 03:16 PM
vispre

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome meet guys... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE next year, can we meet IN the garage? It was too hot.

other than that, i agree we should do it a bit more often! I'll try to be on time next time.

Last edited by vispre; 08-02-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:59 PM
BurntZ33

Awesome turnout, awesome meet, cool people. Overall the meet was a great success. Thanks to Lyndon and everyone else. Wish I couldve stayed out there longer though driving all the way from Palm Coast to Jacksonville to Gainsville stay at the meet for a hour and a half and having to be back in Palm Coast by three was intense. lol

Next time Ill stay longer and enjoy the meet. Great time meeting a bunch of the Z/G owners. Till next time...
Old 08-02-2009, 08:15 PM
CaribbeanBlue

^ And I thought my drive was bad! Glad you made the long drive safely!

Thanks to everyone who came out and made the meet a big success! It was nice to meet everyone... Looking forward to next year...
Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 PM
BurntZ33

Originally Posted by CaribbeanBlue
^ And I thought my drive was bad! Glad you made the long drive safely!

Thanks to everyone who came out and made the meet a big success! It was nice to meet everyone... Looking forward to next year...
Yea it wasnt fun considering driving through Waldo and Starke at speed limit

but yes very excited for the next meet.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:17 AM
OzzyRulez

Originally Posted by BurntZ33
Yea it wasnt fun considering driving through Waldo and Starke at speed limit

but yes very excited for the next meet.
Yeah that SOB in Waldo will get you every time. I've seen so many people get nailed by him. Gotta make the money somehow I guess.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
w0ady

even my mom got a ticket driving through that area lol.

definitely doing this meet again. not sure if it will be more than once a year. could possibly move it to a cooler time of year to avoid the killer sun. i was expecting more rain than sun so i cant really complain.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:23 AM
ARae

Default Hit and Run At Work

I have a black 06 Roadster. Someone backed into my passenger side at work (in an elementary school!) and left apparently. I got a check from the appraiser yesterday for $681.00. Needless to say, I'm getting some estimates and contesting this. i've never been to a body shop but even as a girl who drives a 6 speed I know this pitiful amount will not cover the expense. Someone said now i can quit worrying about my car getting messed up since its happened now, but I've been more cautious actually. I keep staring at big SUVs and Trucks and college students suspiciously when they pull out in front of me
Old 09-12-2009, 07:45 AM
vispre

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ARae
I have a black 06 Roadster. Someone backed into my passenger side at work (in an elementary school!) and left apparently. I got a check from the appraiser yesterday for $681.00. Needless to say, I'm getting some estimates and contesting this. i've never been to a body shop but even as a girl who drives a 6 speed I know this pitiful amount will not cover the expense. Someone said now i can quit worrying about my car getting messed up since its happened now, but I've been more cautious actually. I keep staring at big SUVs and Trucks and college students suspiciously when they pull out in front of me
u know that check is only an initial amount. The body shop can request additional funds through your insurance to cover the rest if they discover the initial appraisal is not enough to cover the damage to return to 'stock'
Old 09-12-2009, 11:54 AM
OzzyRulez

Yupp nothing to worry about. The bodyshop will get it out of the insurance company. What part of Alachua are you in? I work at RTI Biologics right outside of Alachua
Old 09-12-2009, 12:57 PM
w0ady

Originally Posted by ARae
ouch sorry to hear. make sure you take it to a body shop you are happy with. if you end up going through your insurance's shop then they have to guarantee the work so you win either way. best of luck getting it fixed.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by OzzyRulez
Yupp nothing to worry about. The bodyshop will get it out of the insurance company. What part of Alachua are you in? I work at RTI Biologics right outside of Alachua
Wow, you work at RTI, my old roommate works there. Small world.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 PM
ARae

Default RTI

My sister worked at RTI a few years back. I'm way out in the boondocks/country area.

Quick Reply: ALL FL G/Z meet - gainesville 8/1