Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Rally for Larry H, Miller (April 4th)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Down under 21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally for Larry H, Miller (April 4th)

Hey Guy's i just go word of this, i know it is short notice, feel free to forward this to other car and motorcycle forums that you have access to. (Utah)

Hey friends and family, listen up, as long as you have two or four wheels, you're invited to participate in a road-rally in remembrance of Larry H, Miller. The Ride will be held on April 4th, 09 @ 10:00am, beginning at the Energy Solutions Arena and ending at the Miller Motorsports Park. We will be following one of the MMP Mustang pace cars.

April 4th is also the opening day of the Miller Park Racing Association series http://www.millermotorsportspark.com...eries_mpra.php and the Utah Supermoto series http://millermotorsportspark.com/eve...t_type=weekend.
I know it is also the day of 178th LDS Conference so Remember to tune in on 102.7 FM & 1160 AM for the radio broadcast.

If you have not had the chance to see these local racers in action now is the time, it is the beginning of the season the weather is going to be wonderful. These guys are going to be going at full pace to get a good start in the series.

If you plan on attending please send me an email at autodetour@gmail.com

I am trying my best to get us free access to the track so your feedback and participation is needed! So please forward this to your friends and family!

Larry has participated in the growth of Utah so much we thought it would be a great chance to show his family how much he has influenced us.

If you want to show off your business, be a sponsor or just help us out, feel free to contact me via email.

With great appreciation,
-Michael Durant
Old 03-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Down under 21

Latest update:

Where: We will be meeting at the parking lot directly south of the Energy Solutions Arena. Here is a link to the route that will be taken.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=11

When: 10.00AM April 4th, Remember to tell the attendant at the entrance that you are going to be a part of the Miller Opening Season Rally.
After we reach the track we will be gathering at the Clubhouse to have lunch, the food is fantastic.

How Much: All people that are involved in the rally will receive free Admission into the Motorsports park.
Thanks for all of your support.

Last edited by Down under 21; 03-24-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Down under 21

Default Latest Press Release.

For Immediate Release

Memorial Caravan for Larry H. Miller

to Kick Off 2009 Season Opener at

Miller Motorsports Park

TOOELE VALLEY, UTAH (March 31, 2009) — The 2009 racing season at Miller Motorsports Park gets underway this weekend, but it will do so without its founder, Larry H. Miller, who passed away on February 20 due to complications from Type II Diabetes.

A group of race fans have decided to remember Mr. Miller by forming a caravan that will travel from EnergySolutions Arena to Miller Motorsports Park, starting at 10:30 am on Saturday, April 4.

“Motorsports enthusiasts in this area have so much to thank Larry Miller for,” said Michael Durant, proprietor of www.AutoDetour.com and organizer of the caravan. “To have such an incredible, world-class facility right in our backyards is more than we could have ever dreamed for, and we just wanted to make a small gesture to show our appreciation.”

Durant contacted the track in mid-March with the suggestion of a caravan, and the track will provide its Ford Mustang GT pace car to lead the caravan to the track. All caravan participants will receive free admission to the track for the day, which will include Round 1 of the Miller Park Racing Association and Round 1 of the Utah Supermoto Championship.

“We were very touched by Michael’s suggestion,” said Dan Davis, President and CEO of Miller Motorsports Park. “This just demonstrates how thoughtful race fans are, and how much the fans in this area appreciated Larry Miller’s passion and vision for this sport.”

The caravan will depart from the parking lot directly south of EnergySolutions Arena at 350 West 100 South at 10:30 am. Anyone who would like to participate should contact Michael Durant at autodetour@gmail.com or just show up at the parking lot at 10:00 am on Saturday.

For tickets or information regarding Miller Motorsports Park, call 435-277-RACE (7223) or visit the track’s website at www.MillerMotorsportsPark.com.
John Gardner
Media Manager
Miller Motorsports Park
2901 N. Sheep Lane
Tooele, UT 84074
Office: 435.277.8101
Cell: 704.467.1424
FAX: 435.277.8008
Email: jgardner@millermotorsportspark.com
Web: www.millermotorsportspark.com