Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Z Shops in Albuquerque?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Z Shops in Albuquerque?

Just got around to getting my Z down to NM, any good shops in ABQ for doing work such as clutch/oil change (yes I'm lazy)/engine rebuild/tuning?

I noticed Speed Lab is around or at least from a quick peek on RSW it looks to be, wasn't that one of the shops that used to make build VQ35DE's back in the day?

Any good list of reputable shops to consider. I'll need a tuner, and want to get around to replacing the clutch and at some point get the motor built to up the boost.

J
Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 AM
ABQ_VQ35DETT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juztin
Just got around to getting my Z down to NM, any good shops in ABQ for doing work such as clutch/oil change (yes I'm lazy)/engine rebuild/tuning?

I noticed Speed Lab is around or at least from a quick peek on RSW it looks to be, wasn't that one of the shops that used to make build VQ35DE's back in the day?

Any good list of reputable shops to consider. I'll need a tuner, and want to get around to replacing the clutch and at some point get the motor built to up the boost.

J

NM Imports. They specialize in Z's. Alex is a great guy and he can do all the above.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ_VQ35DETT
NM Imports. They specialize in Z's. Alex is a great guy and he can do all the above.
Thanks ABQ, I also completely missed this shop. I ended up going to Motiva for a retune and boost increase and the tune came out fine. But this shop looks good, any experience with them anybody?
Old 08-29-2012, 01:29 PM
ABQ_VQ35DETT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juztin
Thanks ABQ, I also completely missed this shop. I ended up going to Motiva for a retune and boost increase and the tune came out fine. But this shop looks good, any experience with them anybody?
NM Imports does all the work and I take it to scotty to tune it properly. Motiva is a good place.