Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego, any paint knowledgable peeps?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Alang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Diego, any paint knowledgable peeps?

I just had a body kit installed, and while the paint is good, its not great. The color match is fine, but the gloss of the finish just isn't anywhere near the paint from the factory. IT almost looks like a flat finish in some places.

Should I be expecting a factory-like shine on fiberglass? I don't want to ***** about it to the installer if I am being unreasonable, but don't want to accept what I think is a sub-standard job if I'm not.

Anyone feel qualified enough to take a look at my kit to give me opnions on the finish? I will drive it to you if your willing to help out. I can try to post some photos, but I'm not sure how well it will show the actual finish.

I have to take it back in a few weeks for some minor repairs related to the install, and some rework of paint that was damaged on the kit during install, and need to know if more can be done on the finish.

Thanks, Alan
Old 12-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what color your car is, but my shop painted my fiberglass bumper (Chrome Silver) and it looks like factory finish. You're about 2 hours south of me, so driving up is probably out. I'd say it should look close to factory, not flat.