Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Pulled over TWICE this morning, within six minutes of each other

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 07:48 AM
md1400cs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled over TWICE this morning, within six minutes of each other

I was also pulled over two weeks ago. So that makes it three times in one month. FOUR, if I count the parking ticket that included a no front plate citation last month.
ALL because of no front license plate. They win F, it. I will put an under bracket mount and put the F ing plate on. I live in LA area (All stops were on the westside Lincoln Blvd.). Cop told me that they will be increasing the camera intersections and they have been told to go after ALL cars w/ no front plates. Head’s up guys!!
PS: Each cop left my tinted windows out of the conversations. Thank you LAPD. I do appreciate that.
MJD
Old 10-06-2005, 08:00 AM
kamz

Yup, Lincoln is a b*tch! All kinds of motorcycle cops just sitting around waiting. I take that every morning to work so I see all kinds of people getting pulled over. I got two myself and so decided to throw the plate on.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:05 AM
bpr

Ugh. I was hoping to avoid this, but now I guess I'll have to slap my plate on, too. There have been a lot more motorcycle cops out lately around here, haven't there? This messes up the mesh grille I was thinking about...
Old 10-06-2005, 08:05 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man sucks to hear that...
I will make sure I'll avoid that street.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Lerxst

Good plan... it might help you out of other predicaments too. I was pulled over on a "cruise night" cuz I got on the got a little heavy on the throttle. The officer commented that at least I had a front plate and then let me off with a warning.

I hate the front plate too on the Z, but tis the law and gotta play by their rules... or you have to pay... c'est la vie.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:23 AM
abyss

If trucks only have to have one plate then so should sportscars! front plates on sportscars just kills the look. can you guys get away with your front plate being on your dash like we can in Missouri?
Old 10-06-2005, 08:48 AM
NeoRacer_106

Why is it people here in Seattle who drive econo cars like Honda's, Neon's and even mini vans ect ect think it makes their car cooler to not have a front plate..??!? I mean your driving a POS and not having the plate will add so much to your appeal..? I dont get it!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:58 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bpr
Ugh. I was hoping to avoid this, but now I guess I'll have to slap my plate on, too. There have been a lot more motorcycle cops out lately around here, haven't there? This messes up the mesh grille I was thinking about...
I've got the Grille-Tech grille and I put the plate behind it, not even attached, and that works well for me.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:18 AM
abyss

Originally Posted by NeoRacer_106
Why is it people here in Seattle who drive econo cars like Honda's, Neon's and even mini vans ect ect think it makes their car cooler to not have a front plate..??!? I mean your driving a POS and not having the plate will add so much to your appeal..? I dont get it!
Because, just like I said above, but not just sportscars, but any car front plates are tacky. Why do you think they are doing it to be cool? Lots of people dispise the front plates, not because it makes them look cool but it just doesn't look right and when people spend time and money on their cars they don't want an ugly peice of metal slapped on their bumper.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:27 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PerfZ
I've got the Grille-Tech grille and I put the plate behind it, not even attached, and that works well for me.
Los Angeles is a pain with the front plates....cannot be compared with any other city IMO. But I love L.A. and I play by their rules (forcefully). Plates are not even fix-it's anymore! Bastards!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:11 AM
jvega

Sf cops also enforce that law. I have mine attached to my grill with small plastic ties. Fits perfectly in the left area, that way I don't block the air going to the intake.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Vlad

Guess next step will be to have all sports car owners to put big "GUILTY" sticker on windshield and barcode on the forehead. So it will be easy for goverment to collect money
Old 10-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Sr. Panza

Originally Posted by Vlad
Guess next step will be to have all sports car owners to put big "GUILTY" sticker on windshield and barcode on the forehead. So it will be easy for goverment to collect money
It seems that way sometimes doesn't it. When I was much younger I had a Jetta GLI (I know it's not a sports car) and a cop stopped me because I had 'illegal headlight reflectors'. I told him they were stock and he told me that I could explain that to a judge if I wanted to. The thing is, he did get me for tinted windows plus some other minor modifications I had. It's all about the $.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:26 AM
L337350

i got pulled over yesterday and got a ticket for no front plate, tinted front windows and having an old address on my drivers license
Old 10-06-2005, 11:34 AM
SOCAL350

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:58 AM
jeffa

A few weeks ago, I left my Z in the parking garage INSIDE LAX, just for the day.

I left at 7AM, get back at 5PM, and what do I find...a no front plate ticketstuck under my wiper! PARKED in the garage, with the nose of the car almost touching a concrete wall. That MFer had to have climbed over the hood of the car to see tht at there was no plate...it was a 25.00 fine, not worth my time to fight it...and the Z is now gone anyway. I think that by the Z having a few stickers on the side glass, the jackass must have thought that he was doing his civic duty to punish what he must have thought was a "punk *** ricer"

Oh well...
Old 10-06-2005, 12:01 PM
mrtomcat

well, the rapists, child molesters, drug dealers, murderers and so forth sure appreciate that the LAPD is keeping our street safe from vicious window tinters and front licence plate avoiders....
Old 10-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Dozer

They must be cracking down on people with no license plates in West L.A. (Santa Monica) because my neighbor got a ticket for no front plate and she was parked...
Old 10-06-2005, 12:51 PM
FairladyZX

Had my Z for almost a yr now still too lazy to put the plates on cos it still looks fresh out of the showroom with dealer stickers. Mayb I'll wait till next yr when I get my personal plates in. Screw those pigs who pick on ppl without front plates.

Last edited by FairladyZX; 10-06-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:26 AM
Vlad

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
well, the rapists, child molesters, drug dealers, murderers and so forth sure appreciate that the LAPD is keeping our street safe from vicious window tinters and front licence plate avoiders....
Yep, aren't we glad, that there is no other crime to fight. Just those visious window tinters!

Quick Reply: Pulled over TWICE this morning, within six minutes of each other