Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

***OFFICIAL*** NorCal/SoCal Hearst Castle Meet ***July 8, 2006***

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 08:26 PM
BhashaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Now no one told you to buy the expensive ones ...that just shows us that you're hardcore. I say Ravi treats you to lunch or something
Yeah, I spend money unnecessarily! Ravi should trust us ALL to lunch since he's not coming out!

Originally Posted by photo2u
Friend,

Please add me in.

George frorm Pasadena
Added!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:29 PM
BhashaZ

IE/OC Caravan to Main Meeting place for Hearst Castle MEET!

https://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/201468-ie-oc-caravan-to-main-meeting-place-for-hearst-castle-meet.html
Old 07-03-2006, 11:56 PM
drsifu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

48 people for a 6+ hour cruise?

It would be insane if everyone who signed up, shows up. If we get 20+ people to actually show up, I'd be pleasantly surprised. I think 10-15 would be reasonable.

BhashaZ, hope you didn't buy too many of those lanyards

See everyone this Saturday
Old 07-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BhashaZ
Yeah, I spend money unnecessarily!!
Really you should go to NY with me sometime
Old 07-04-2006, 12:13 AM
mikeg8r

Originally Posted by drsifu

It would be insane if everyone who signed up, shows up. If we get 20+ people to actually show up, I'd be pleasantly surprised. I think 10-15 would be reasonable.

Well my wife got us tix to tour the castle (we've never been) so we're def. going.

You should've charged everyone a dollar to sign up -- i'm good for $2
Old 07-04-2006, 08:37 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by drsifu

Yeah, based on my last 2 events, about 60-65% generally show up, so I'm hoping for about 30 cars, which is a LOT! But hopefully most everyone shows up...I think it will be a wonderful drive!

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Really you should go to NY with me sometime

Originally Posted by mikeg8r
Well my wife got us tix to tour the castle (we've never been) so we're def. going.

You should've charged everyone a dollar to sign up -- i'm good for $2
Great! I'm hoping most people who have signed up will be going...just looking at the list, it seems like about 29 people are "for sure". The other's I'm not certain, but if even half of the rest come out, we would have over 35 cars! But don't worry, I wouldn't charge everyone!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:43 AM
wldkatz03

it's driving me crazy reading about this meet! Have fun guys and take lots of pics! Amit great job on the tags! Someone wear one for me!!!!! Be safe guys...i'll see you at the next so cal meet!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:10 PM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by wldkatz03
it's driving me crazy reading about this meet! Have fun guys and take lots of pics! Amit great job on the tags! Someone wear one for me!!!!! Be safe guys...i'll see you at the next so cal meet!
Huy, we'll definately take pix and I'll save you a name tag! And don't worry...hopefully the Santa Barbara run will be just around the corner!
Old 07-04-2006, 02:15 PM
BhashaZ

Default Caravans Out to Starbucks in Woodland Hills

Guys, here's the links again for the caravans out to Woodland Hills. If you guys are interested in meeting up with some locals before heading out to Starbucks, please add your names to the list. The thread starters will coordinate everything.

LA/SB Caravan to Woodland Hills

IE/OC Caravan to Woodland Hills

If you have another caravan that you are starting, I will include that information here!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Lightbulb Hearst Castle lodging/dining option...

For those possibly looking for somewhere to eat or stay, other than Hearst Castle. Paul and I found this place by sheer mistake, on our way home this past weekend from San Francisco along Highway 1. It's probably about 5-8 miles North of Hearst Castle, if I am not mistaken.

The food was great, service excellent. Dining area wonderful, and so was the view. Relaxing and peaceful, it was a great escape from the super busy streets of San Fran. Not cheap for dinner though, for those of you minding your walets. Also, don't know about room prices, but you can check out the site. If you do plan to go either to stay or just for food, they said call ahead of time to reserve. I told them where you guys were going, and possibly some would be interested in checking it out.

Enjoy all, have a great time.....

Jen

www.raggedpoint.com

Ragged Point Inn and Resort
19019 Highway 1, Ragged Point
CA, 93452-9751
Hotel: 805-927-4502
Resto: 805-927-5708
Fax: 805-927-8862
Old 07-05-2006, 10:01 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by Luv Mntrl
For those possibly looking for somewhere to eat or stay, other than Hearst Castle. Paul and I found this place by sheer mistake, on our way home this past weekend from San Francisco along Highway 1. It's probably about 5-8 miles North of Hearst Castle, if I am not mistaken.

The food was great, service excellent. Dining area wonderful, and so was the view. Relaxing and peaceful, it was a great escape from the super busy streets of San Fran. Not cheap for dinner though, for those of you minding your walets. Also, don't know about room prices, but you can check out the site. If you do plan to go either to stay or just for food, they said call ahead of time to reserve. I told them where you guys were going, and possibly some would be interested in checking it out.

Enjoy all, have a great time.....

Jen

www.raggedpoint.com

Ragged Point Inn and Resort
19019 Highway 1, Ragged Point
CA, 93452-9751
Hotel: 805-927-4502
Resto: 805-927-5708
Fax: 805-927-8862
Thanks for the info Jen! I still haven't decided what I will be doing afterwards, so I'll keep this info handy. BTW, will you be making it out to the meet?
Old 07-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally Posted by BhashaZ
Thanks for the info Jen! I still haven't decided what I will be doing afterwards, so I'll keep this info handy. BTW, will you be making it out to the meet?

No, sorry babe. Since we just kinda did it all the way from San Fran, it's not an option. And the hubby is golfing.....also gotta say, Hearst Castle doesn't really interest me. Don't know why.....just not what I want to see.

Have a great time, be careful and drive safe. Those cliffs are not forgiving at times. And if you're driving with a passenger, bring a plastic bag. Say some people pulled over on the side of the road puking. Too many twisties at times, makes some people sick.

Have fun!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:17 AM
iris

I will not be able to do the whole day, but I'm definitely planning on making it to the morning meet at Starbucks/Ralph's on Topanga and cruising a little bit of the way.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:09 PM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by Luv Mntrl
No, sorry babe. Since we just kinda did it all the way from San Fran, it's not an option. And the hubby is golfing.....also gotta say, Hearst Castle doesn't really interest me. Don't know why.....just not what I want to see.

Have a great time, be careful and drive safe. Those cliffs are not forgiving at times. And if you're driving with a passenger, bring a plastic bag. Say some people pulled over on the side of the road puking. Too many twisties at times, makes some people sick.

Have fun!
Sorry you can't come out, but sounds like you already had a nice drive! And thanks for the tip...I think I'll tell my sister to drive on her on since I don't want her to puke in my car!

Originally Posted by iris
I will not be able to do the whole day, but I'm definitely planning on making it to the morning meet at Starbucks/Ralph's on Topanga and cruising a little bit of the way.
That's cool, and it would be nice to have you go on the cruise for a bit! That's the fun part anyways
Old 07-05-2006, 01:10 PM
BhashaZ

I should ask, is there anybody coming out with decent/good camera skills? It would be really nice to have a guy/gal who knows how to shoot cars well attend the meet!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:34 PM
longbowe

Originally Posted by iris
That's the spirit!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:56 PM
tractng

Guys,

Are we going through santa barbara? If so, I might join in for half a drive.

tony
Old 07-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally Posted by tractng
Guys,

Are we going through santa barbara? If so, I might join in for half a drive.

tony
do it Tony it's been a while buddy..
Old 07-05-2006, 11:27 PM
drsifu

please remove me from the list. will be driving back to SF another week.

have fun everyone
Old 07-06-2006, 02:09 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Anyone have a extra FRS radios or talkabout they want to part with....I can pay half of what ever you paid for the pair. Also if any one does not have a extra what would be the ideal one to purchase....Thanks Ed

Quick Reply: ***OFFICIAL*** NorCal/SoCal Hearst Castle Meet ***July 8, 2006***