Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

How do you get sponsored?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 08:26 PM
breakerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you get sponsored?

Just wondering if anyone has gotten sponsored or anything? It seems that the Z is a pretty hot car right now and shops would want to sponsor them,.. anyone have any info?
Old 03-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Importlife.com

Hi Breakerboy,

You will see my current sponsors on my signature. Getting sponsored is really a mixture of timing, luck and most importantly a clear message to the company as to why they should sponsor you.

And be ready for rejection. There is nothing wrong with "No" and dont take it personally.

Before you call them, put yourself in their shoes. Why should i sponsor Breakerboy and ship him the new $800 nitrous kit or a set of new tires?

You have to have a clear gameplan, documentation, photos of your car, credentials from previous shows, and references who will vouch for you. Then if the timing is right, you will get sponsored and slowly the list grows through referals.

The hardest thing for me was the fact I live in NYC, and all the right people are in CA. So i had to spend a lot of time on the phone. One thing that helped was a solid gameplan as to how i can truly help the potential sponsors brand. I also have a company that is producing and distributing DVDs.

And the best way is to know someone. I met and landed three of my largest sponsors right here on this message board. read the forums and see who works where. And lastly, if you don't ask, the answer is always no.

Good luck.

Importlife's next DVD release in April has a dedicated chapter on How to get sponsored. Hope you keep in touch and pick up a copy.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:30 PM
breakerboy

Originally posted by Importlife.com
Hi Breakerboy,

You will see my current sponsors on my signature. Getting sponsored is really a mixture of timing, luck and most importantly a clear message to the company as to why they should sponsor you.

And be ready for rejection. There is nothing wrong with "No" and dont take it personally.

Before you call them, put yourself in their shoes. Why should i sponsor Breakerboy and ship him the new $800 nitrous kit or a set of new tires?

You have to have a clear gameplan, documentation, photos of your car, credentials from previous shows, and references who will vouch for you. Then if the timing is right, you will get sponsored and slowly the list grows through referals.

The hardest thing for me was the fact I live in NYC, and all the right people are in CA. So i had to spend a lot of time on the phone. One thing that helped was a solid gameplan as to how i can truly help the potential sponsors brand. I also have a company that is producing and distributing DVDs.

And the best way is to know someone. I met and landed three of my largest sponsors right here on this message board. read the forums and see who works where. And lastly, if you don't ask, the answer is always no.

Good luck.

Importlife's next DVD release in April has a dedicated chapter on How to get sponsored. Hope you keep in touch and pick up a copy.
thanx for the info ,
But is the only way to get sponsored to do shows and such?and if so, how would I get involved? I mean it seems as If you have done shows before, and you could tell them that you had. But my car is totally stock and I've never done shows before.. Any ideas?
-thanx

Also any way to get sponsored without doing shows?

Last edited by breakerboy; 03-06-2003 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Importlife.com

i am editing my post cuz i think this would help you more than anything.

I am a potential sponsor now....

"You have a stock 350z? Nice car. but how is giving you the new set of 3 piece wheels going to help me? Where will our logo be seen? How am i going to make the money back that i spent on those sets of wheels?"

Be ready to answer that. You dont have to be in car shows, but thats the obvious choice. Think of who you are talking to. Where are their customers? thats where they want to be.

Again, good luck.

buy the DVD

Last edited by Importlife.com; 03-06-2003 at 10:09 PM.