Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Some stupid tried to park in a space where he must hit me to get in!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
hidehide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some stupid tried to park in a space where he must hit me to get in!!

So I parked my car in the end of that block, where there was only one car infront of me.. and this block was full, no space for other cars..
The next day I came back to my car, I saw there were two cars squeezed in the front of me. And the car infront of me was just like 2cm away from my bumper!! I looked closer, and I saw my front bumper cracked a little bit!!

I was really mad that time. That guy is stupid, who do he think he is? Even an automatic parking system cant get in without hitting someone's car!!

So I took picture, wrote down his license plate and VIN # and left him a notice.
He gave me back a call that day, but I couldnt listen to the phone that time. He left a voice message and said he wanted to talk about it. After 10min, I gave him back a call, he told me he was driving and would call me back later. But he didnt. After 2 days, I tried to call him, but no one answered. Left him a voice mail, but he didnt call back!!

Really pissed now..
Old 02-08-2007, 10:34 PM
deezz

Is this one of your neighbors? Good thing you have a pic and his license plate number. Good luck.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:45 PM
erickim080387

yeah this happened to me once too. well, if u dont have proof/evidence/witnesses that he hit ur car, ur most likely not going to get anything. i took pictures of my cars damage, others cars damage, and my dads friend, lawyer, said i cant do anything, unless the other driver confesses. becuase the damages could just be coincidence and possibly another car could have hit and left. i garage after that..
Old 02-08-2007, 11:09 PM
hidehide

Originally Posted by erickim080387
yeah this happened to me once too. well, if u dont have proof/evidence/witnesses that he hit ur car, ur most likely not going to get anything. i took pictures of my cars damage, others cars damage, and my dads friend, lawyer, said i cant do anything, unless the other driver confesses. becuase the damages could just be coincidence and possibly another car could have hit and left. i garage after that..
I know that.. and too bad that he didnt admit that he hit it, in the voice mail, he just say he wants to TALK about it..
At first I thought he is nice that he might give me some money back. But now, I think he is gonna vanished.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:49 AM
918 Z

just bug him but dont threaten....maybe hell say it in a voicemail while hes yelling at u to stop bugging him
Old 02-09-2007, 01:12 AM
CaliTouring

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats some BS right there man i too say keep buggin him till he says something about him doing it and that he is sorry or somthing in that nature.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:21 AM
erickim080387

better yet, in the middle of the night, i dont know. egg his car? lol jp. dont do anything like that, cuz usually the person getting revenge gets caught.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by hidehide

So I parked my car in the end of that block, where there was only one car infront of me.. and this block was full, no space for other cars..
The next day I came back to my car, I saw there were two cars squeezed in the front of me. And the car infront of me was just like 2cm away from my bumper!! I looked closer, and I saw my front bumper cracked a little bit!!

I was really mad that time. That guy is stupid, who do he think he is? Even an automatic parking system cant get in without hitting someone's car!!

So I took picture, wrote down his license plate and VIN # and left him a notice.
He gave me back a call that day, but I couldnt listen to the phone that time. He left a voice message and said he wanted to talk about it. After 10min, I gave him back a call, he told me he was driving and would call me back later. But he didnt. After 2 days, I tried to call him, but no one answered. Left him a voice mail, but he didnt call back!!

Really pissed now..
that sucks.

you should have waited for his ***.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:53 AM
rglbegl

Do you have his address. Go show up at his door.
If you do not have the address . . .the license plate should be able to get it for you. ( DMV or KSR report )
Better yet . . . report it as a hit and run. Then he is really screwed
Old 02-09-2007, 08:53 AM
FairladyZX

u should slashed all 4 of his tires and left.....j/k.

sux to see that. i hate parking on a crowded street
Old 02-09-2007, 09:55 AM
esfand

u should have grabbed a bat or something similar and tested the toughness of his window glass.....
Old 02-09-2007, 10:01 AM
erickim080387

Originally Posted by esfand
u should have grabbed a bat or something similar and tested the toughness of his window glass.....
LOL the toughness!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:01 AM
microd

Why the hell are you wasting your time trying to talk to him? Call the police, report it as hit and run. You should have done that the minute he became uncooperative on the phone. Call your insurance and report it too... good job with the pics and getting the license.

The longer you wait to report it... the worse it is for you.

Getting in a pissing match with him is not going to get you money to get your car fixed. Don't be dumb like him. PWN the bastiche.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:28 AM
hidehide

Originally Posted by microd
Why the hell are you wasting your time trying to talk to him? Call the police, report it as hit and run. You should have done that the minute he became uncooperative on the phone. Call your insurance and report it too... good job with the pics and getting the license.

Getting in a pissing match with him is not going to get you money to get your car fixed. Don't be dumb like him. PWN the bastiche.
That's a minor damage that my insurance with $500 deductible will not cover..
Its just a 2cm crack.. I dont think the police will bother it.. but damn, Im still angry that why the hell he still try to park in that spot!

Well, maybe I should try calling him every mid night and 6am in the morning with setting my phone number as unknown.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Z33-

that sucks dude
Old 02-09-2007, 10:34 AM
buffmanjeff

why didn't u just call the police and get a report?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Hybrid90

All you have to do is leave him a very informed voicemail about your bumper being cracked and that you have pictures of his car and such. Also, tell him that you need to resolved the matter asap with him or else you have no choice but to file it as a hit and run.

I'm sure after hearing that, the diickhead would call you. Just don't make it sound so threatening.. just put it in a polite manner. Hope everything works out for you dude...
Old 02-09-2007, 11:29 AM
fat350

Originally Posted by microd

+1

whether its 2 cm or 2 ft long, its still damage that he has done to your car.

i dont think you'd have to pay your deductible if he's at fault?

especially if you report it as a hit and run.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Darth Zader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Same here

I'm having a similar problem. The guy who parks next to me in my apartment lot drives a huge SUV. I came home one night and his ride was parked front first all jacked up leaving me with very little room. I parked as close to the column as I could. I was paranoid that he'd hit my car and took a photo of the situation with his license plate in frame. The next morning his big *** Chevy is parked rear end first, with tons of room between our cars, and my fender is all bowed out with paint rubbed clean off my bumper. It took only a tiny bit of investigation to find fresh paint on his chrome and a nice clean spot where the water spots were wiped clean off by my car. I photographed this, as well, with a tape measure to prove that it is indeed possible that his car could do the damage it did to mine.

Unfortunately, I don't have comprehensive coverage so this would have to come out of my pocket. So I wrote him a letter asking him to contact his insurance company and threatening legal action. One copy went on his windshield, which he read the next day since it was gone when I returned. The second copy was sent to him via certified mail, which I have not received confirmation of receipt. But I only have a last name and the manager won't give me his first name for so-called legal reasons. I'm hesitant to notify my insurance company because as it is I want to get full coverage because I've been burned before but I may just upgrade, then tell them my car was hit in a parking lot (if they don't want to see the car before up'ing my coverage). I have gotten no response and I've been out of town for the last two weeks for work. I think it is time for small claims court. Yuck! Unless they will garnish his wages, this ***** probably won't pay me a dime.

Anyway, that's my rant...
Old 02-15-2007, 06:57 AM
THE TECH

Call the police or at least leave a message on the guy's phone that you called the police and reported it as a hit and run.