Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Has anyone driver idyllwild ca!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:51 PM
lastblueprint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Has anyone driver idyllwild ca!

Has any one driven idyllwild? here is the link to show location, planning to drive towards that area but never driven on that road before, so im wondering if its a nice ride or should i just stick to driving my truck around that area?
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8...idyllwild%20ca
Old 02-11-2007, 08:57 PM
shinkuu

i went camping up there. really fun road but you'll probably run into some traffic. there's snow up there in the winter. the climb steep which makes the downhill that much funner/scarier. take the Z, you'll have fun
Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 AM
rglbegl

Great drive!! Just too many cops. It is patrolled by cops AND Hi-Po. The 243 is more fun, but the 74 has a couple turns that if no one is coming the other way, ( wide open view ) you have proper camber in the turns, and some serious fun!!!
As long as you are not in for the fast run . . you will love it! Again . . to many cops, but take the Z for sure. Road is in great shape. Took it about 2 weeks ago.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:07 PM
ssawa

I've done Palm Desert to Idyllwild and back a lot of times but not lately. There are CHP's but for good reason, speeders are often killing themselves or others along that area. But there is one unreal down the hill right sweeping turn with just the right banking to make you feel like you on a race track, just past Vista Point. Idyllwild is are nice place to stop for a few hours too.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:14 PM
zman23

Me and some other Z buddies drove this on a yearly basis but only went in the summer time. Lots of nice twisties but definitely lots of cops. We got pulled over doing 90+ on the 74 towards Palm Desert and the guy let us off but some really nice straight aways to kick your Z into hyperspace! ha!
Old 02-18-2007, 05:36 PM
lastblueprint

i drove on idyllwild, you know what guys, it wasnt bad at all, i loved it, and i have never been there before, i also stop by and did some walking around the little shops they have there, i took 74 coming from moreno valley, then i went on the 243, and drove. there were turns that were very difficult, and what made it a little scarry was the on coming cars and motorcycles. but over all it was great, i took me about 2 hours, when i left my house till i got back, so it wasnt bad. cant wait till i go back there after my bbk that im getting soon from wilwood, the actual company. cause the stock brakes, they really sucked!!!
Has anyone driver idyllwild ca!-i1.jpgHas anyone driver idyllwild ca!-i2.jpgHas anyone driver idyllwild ca!-i3.jpg