Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SEMA at LA Convention Center - April 26-27

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 10:16 AM
BullishZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I've been hesitant to say either a yes or no for this event, cause I really want to go... But I can't make it since my sister's wedding is on that day.

Have fun guys... and since I won't be there, take a GRIP of pics!
Old 04-21-2003, 11:39 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

AudioPat...make a note to yourself....watch more Asian TV
Old 04-21-2003, 11:46 AM
dczoner

Alright, so that people don't have to plow through the entire thread, here's the story:

10:00AM on Saturday April 26th

Denny's
888 S FIGUEROA ST, SUITE 190
LOS ANGELES, CA 90017
213-629-4250
Open 24 hours

Mapquest this or Nav this to get directions.

The show opens at 12:00, so this should give us plenty of time to grab some food, relax, and eventually make it over to the show (which runs until 8pm). I believe tickets are $10 at the door, however I could be wrong about that, don't kill the messenger.

As far as people bringing their Z's - I know I am. I agree with ihbbarker, this is generally going to be a car crowd, and I'd imagine that with a whole pack of Z's parked next to each other there will be people "watching" our cars all day. Additionally, my car appears to be a vandalism magnet, so odds are I'll take the brunt of any retaliation from the Wrx crews *jk, jk, we're all friends here!*

Oh, ihbbarker (thats ur new name to me, ur screenname's too long), the run that I met John & Yuichi on wasn't the run with the crash, its more of an inside joke between John & I.

Alright, hope this works for everyone, as always I'm looking forward to another fun outing. Hey who knows, maybe we'll find another bar to invade with our nerdiness after the show (I can almost count hfm in without asking )

Hope this clears everything up. I guess by default I'm the organizer so if you want to pm me for my cell # or whatever feel free.

Take care.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:32 PM
MastaKillaZ

hey dc,

do you guys plan on showing up to the show right at noon??? like I said earlier, I probably won't make it to Denny's since I'm bumming a ride, but I'll see you guys inside... I'll be the asian guy... look for me!!!
Old 04-21-2003, 05:18 PM
victory1

i'll be there too.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Scott Webb

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I should be there at some point in time on all three days. The plan is to have both Mazdas on display in the feature vehicle areas. Be sure to say hello if you see me by either car.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:07 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's up guys. I spoke with John on the phone tonight- Looks like he has talked me into making the drive down as well. I think a few others will also be making the trek from NorCal. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Butterfly20

NOOOO I can't go Saturday! I have to work, but I have Sunday off. What will all yall be doing then?
Old 04-21-2003, 10:36 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

youll find this man running around sema on sunday like a little boy at a candy store
i expect to become 10years younger upon buying my ticket
Old 04-22-2003, 07:11 AM
3 FIVE O Z

For those of us that do not know anyone here on the forum or at this meet (like me). Who should we be looking for?
Old 04-22-2003, 07:46 AM
jeffa

Hey guys and gals:

Don't forget to drop by and say hi...
I will be in the Clarion booth all weekend, so stop by and check out our 350Z and all the new audio and video goodies...

Jeff
Old 04-22-2003, 08:11 AM
StrictlyZ

Talking Sunday is the MSA show

You guys all better be there, and vote for John's car!! White 350Z

Hope to zya there guys.

If you guys want a meeting point, CLUBZ is staying at Courtyard Marriot in Irvine Ca. I guess the gates don't open till 12 anyways but I don't know if thats out of the way or not but we will have a big group heading there so if you want to join for SEMA let us know, or even for MSA on sunday

anyways enough blabbing for me. Just make sure to prepurchase your tickets for SEMA so you don't have to stand in a long *** line!!

Here's a post from our ClubZ members

----------------
You can buy your tickets ahead of time at the following link or buy them at the door. From what I have heard about the past shows, is that the ticket lines can be quite long, so pre-purchase is recommended.

http://www.vmhouse.com/ias/buytickets.html

If you pre-purchase your tickets, make sure to read the instructions closely and make sure to print out and take your voucher to the show. Without this voucher, you will not be able to pick up your tickets and will have to buy replacement tickets at the show.

Glenn
Old 04-22-2003, 08:59 AM
iris

Originally posted by 3 FIVE O Z
For those of us that do not know anyone here on the forum or at this meet (like me). Who should we be looking for?
If you're coming to Denny's, just look for like 6-8 guys (some Asian, some white), 1 Asian girl (no Butterfly ) and some Z's parked outside. I might not bring mine though.

I guess it'll be the same group at SEMA but the Convention Center is big and it'll be a little harder to hook up then.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:16 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally posted by dczoner
Additionally, my car appears to be a vandalism magnet,
Well we probably share this title now... Mine ate a egg (on easter) on the driver side door right beneath the handle and now I have large circle of paint chips (paint shattered) where it hit. Not to mention the nasty egg I had to wash off.

Glad I didn't catch the kids in the act or you would have seen me on the news in handcuffs.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:26 AM
MastaKillaZ

zxsaint, what??? you gotta be sh*tting me... someone egged your car???

hmmm, maybe it was john getting you back for sending all us whiny 350z owners his way... or is that just me??? j/k
Old 04-22-2003, 10:54 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
zxsaint, what??? you gotta be sh*tting me... someone egged your car???

hmmm, maybe it was john getting you back for sending all us whiny 350z owners his way... or is that just me??? j/k
He'd throw a wrench at me, not an egg!

I don't think its bad enough to do an insurance claim (and get the whole door repainted) .. I may just do some touchup paint and put a few heavy coats of zaino on top and see how it turns out. It just looks kinda like a really tiny water spots and if anyone has had anything like this happen to their baby they'd understand the 'sick to the stomach' feeling I have right now. I don't even feel like washing her! I'll get over it I guess.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:01 AM
hfm

Originally posted by zxsaint
I may just do some touchup paint and put a few heavy coats of zaino on top and see how it turns out.
I have a couple nicks on the hood and a nick on the driverside door so I bought some touch up paint. I spoke with some guys over at Distinctive to discuss having them do the touch up work for me.

They said that they would be doing the same thing I would do. Dropping little dabs of paint. And, that it wont look good. I believe them about the wont look good part.

If anything I would be better off repainting the entire hood and the driver door. I'll probably do a whole new paint job in 2006 or until I can't stand it any longer.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:03 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

why 2006
Old 04-22-2003, 12:25 PM
MastaKillaZ

maybe it's a lease thing???
Old 04-22-2003, 12:33 PM
hfm

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ